Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

45]

Daniel Gallen@danieljtgallen

Pittsburgh selects Maryland DB Sean Davis in the second round with the No. 58 overall pick.

There are some teams that when they draft a guy, you know they will be good in the league. Pittsburgh is one of those teams. I'm happy for Davis and wish him nothing but the best starting in week 2. Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 2

Joshua Kaindoh is third-highest rated #Terps commit in the modern rankings era, behind Stefon Diggs and Melvin Alaeze, who never enrolled.

#Terps have had several incarnations of local recruiting 'Movement,' but it feels more legit under Durkin. Unimaginable strides in 4 months.

All seven of Maryland's verbal commitments in the Class of 2017 can claim the DMV as their home.

Pretty reasonable chance that Maryland gets both the No. 1 and 2 defensive ends in the 2017 class. To emphasize, this is Maryland *football*

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2

Sweet News on Maryland Day.  I went and it was a good time out at the old alma-mater.

Terps mens Lax team defeats Hopkins to win the Big 10 Men's Lax title out-right.  Will be #1 seed in Big 10 tourney.

Go Terps!!!

• Like 1

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Joshua-Kaindoh-Video-and-Marylands-New-Class-Ranking-45108700

With Kaindoh's commitment, Maryland football's 2017  recruiting class rises to No. 20 in the National 247Sports Composite Rankings, and that's with only seven commits on board -- tied with a few other schools for the lowest total among the top 20 classes. For the non-recruitniks reading this, that means Maryland's ratings are the product of quality rather than quantity; according to the ratings, the Terps' average committed recruit trails only nine of those schools: Texas A&M, Florida State, North Carolina, Georgia, Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Ohio State.

That's lofty company for a Maryland program that struggled to build any real momentum under Randy Edsall, one that's coming off a 3-9 season and has a brand new coaching staff.

Back to Kaindoh. The 6-foot-6, 256-pounder is regarded as the nation's No. 1 weakside defensive end, but he could easily grow into a strongside defensive end by the time his college career starts. Maryland is also pursuing DeMatha defensive end Chase Young, regarded by some as the most gifted pass-rusher in the 2017 class, and the Terps have a commitment from four-star defensive tackle Cam Spence -- Kaindoh's fellow Baltimore native and his teammate at IMG Academy (Fla.)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Maryland-Football-Assistant-Chris-Beatty-Red-Hot-in-Recruiting-44882198

Beatty Off to a Torrid Start Recruiting for Maryland

For all of the hype about D.J. Durkin's unusual move to add three former head coaches to his staff after arriving at Maryland, one of his secondary hires is making a major splash on the recruiting trail.

Wide receivers coach Chris Beatty's hot start on the recruiting trail reached a new level Saturday afternoon when IMG Academy (Fla.) five-star defensive end Joshua Kaindoh committed to the Terps. Beatty, Kaindoh's primary recruiter at Maryland, is now the second-ranked recruiter in the Big Ten and No. 9 recruiter in the nation for the Class of 2017 according to 247Sports' Composite recruiter rankings. Overshadowed by Durkin's hiring of those ex-head coaches -- Mike London (Syracuse), Scott Shafer (Syracuse/gone already) and Pete Lembo (Ball State) when he was hired in early January, Beatty has been the lead man on five of Maryland's seven commitments so far.

• Like 1

Great get for you guys, Kaindoh looks like a monster.  You could wind up with another one coming your way.  Penn State wound up kicking a kid off the team yesterday, Kamonte Carter, was a four star DT from MD.  If the reasons weren't something bad like sexual assault or serious drug/alcohol issues, he could sit out a year and go wherever.  Might make his way back home.  A shame too, we could have really used him.

Anyway, I'm curious why Kaindoh decided to leave Maryland out of his top-4 and play a "long con" that other recruits were in on.  I used to get more annoyed at these sort of antics (picking hats off tables, having long news conferences) but I try to remind myself that they're 18 and may not get this sort of attention ever again, so why not let them have fun with it.

• Like 1

Great get for you guys, Kaindoh looks like a monster.  You could wind up with another one coming your way.  Penn State wound up kicking a kid off the team yesterday, Kamonte Carter, was a four star DT from MD.  If the reasons weren't something bad like sexual assault or serious drug/alcohol issues, he could sit out a year and go wherever.  Might make his way back home.  A shame too, we could have really used him.

Anyway, I'm curious why Kaindoh decided to leave Maryland out of his top-4 and play a "long con" that other recruits were in on.  I used to get more annoyed at these sort of antics (picking hats off tables, having long news conferences) but I try to remind myself that they're 18 and may not get this sort of attention ever again, so why not let them have fun with it.

This explains it.

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football-recruiting/2016/5/2/11548340/joshua-kaindoh-commits-img-academy

• Like 1