Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TLR:Millionaire gay couple is suing to force a church to hold their wedding

Zguy28

Oh, I can certainly understand how anybody who has been rejected, for anything, doesn't like it.

And, if you're rejected for a reason that's illegal, then a lawsuit can sure look tempting.

All I'm saying is, when we're talking about your wedding, is your prize really something worth winning?

I guess that's subjective. I can't really put myself in their place but maybe its something they are really do think is worth it, which is fine. I would think if I were gay I would just get married somewhere else, but if I wanted to do that as well as try to move a system in a different direction, then it might be worth it.

That's not what her husband thought

Well, except that one.

Definitely not that one.

Anyway, look, I'm not religious, everyone here knows. I try to be respectful of folks and their beliefs even if i can't help a little snark here and there like above with my buddy Sacase. No excuse, bad form on my part. 

BUT, maybe consider this..   again, i'm not religious scholar, bt it seems to me one of the principal messages Christ passed was to love one another here on earth, and that when judgment came, he and his Dad would dice you out.

Ours is not to judge. Venegeance is His, sayeth Him.

And yet when it comes to these things, the Churches as an entity, not as individuals, who can be quite capable of being loving and kind people, but as an entity, have LONG persecuted those who they feel needs persecuting. Heretics of all shapes and sizes, holy wars against other holy types, judgments against people abound so much, that one would think that the Churches think it's their duty to police the planet.

Since his Godness works in ways that are Oh-So-Mysterious,, ,   maybe the Rise of the Gays is God's way of smacking you around some, and showing you that all of these things he said, you are not really following very well. In regards to gays, practically every move forward has met objection for every reason imaginable, and almost all of them boil down to "God thinks this is a sin"

So what? Your place is not to judge, right?

It's interesting that the religious are always quick to point out that troubles and tribulations can EASILY be construed as God's way of showing you that you've strayed..  except when it comes to them, and their direct contradiction of what they've been taught to do .

or it could be those homos are just persnickety dickwads doing it just to embarrass their mums. What do I know?

~Bang

If I have plenty of money, I obviously would have plenty of time to find a place more...shall we say, inviting. The blissful union would be my goal, I can't imagine a legal fight adding to that in any positive way...unless, as Larry says, I've "just gotta make my point, dammit".

Noting that there's a link, on the right of that article, reading <<African Christians will be killed if C of E accepts gay marriage, says Justin Welby

Archbishop says he has seen mass grave of Christians killed by neighbours who said they feared being 'made to become gay'>>

Noting that there's a link, on the right of that article, reading <<African Christians will be killed if C of E accepts gay marriage, says Justin Welby

Archbishop says he has seen mass grave of Christians killed by neighbours who said they feared being 'made to become gay'>>

Yeah, pretty messed up isn't it? Its actually a good article too.

Archived