Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the NFL incorporate a post-game drug test?

bobbi3stix

If I'm not mistaken, the UFC has a post fight urine test that is mandatory. I recall Sonnen testing positive after his first fight verus Silva.

There is more than reasonable doubt that Seattle has a few members using it and everyone knows that for every person who gets caught for something, there are twice as many guilty.

Thoughts?

They couldn't initiate it until after the next CBA, which would have to not only include the post-game testing, but be signed off on by the NFLPA.  I have a hard time believing the union would sign off on it, but if D. Smith is still around then, anything is possible.

If I'm not mistaken, the UFC has a post fight urine test that is mandatory. I recall Sonnen testing positive after his first fight verus Silva.

There is more than reasonable doubt that Seattle has a few members using it and everyone knows that for every person who gets caught for something, there are twice as many guilty.

Thoughts?

So what would this accomplish? UFC is an individual sport. So if 1 person on the team tested positive after the Super Bowl what would be the penalty? How about 2, 3 or 20 players? I don't see how any penalties could be standardized.

So what would this accomplish? UFC is an individual sport. So if 1 person on the team tested positive after the Super Bowl what would be the penalty? How about 2, 3 or 20 players? I don't see how any penalties could be standardized.

I'm not really sure of what the penalty would be, varying by the amount of players testing positive. But just say, tomorrow you get on your pc/smartphone and discover that the majority of the Seattle defense tested positive for drugs/PED's. Would it warrant the revoking of the Lombardi?

Some of you guys are really starting to embarrass yourselves with the Seattle hate.

Pretty ignorant of you to assume you know my position on Seattle or the topic. You're obviously ignorant to the facts of Seattle's past along with current players.

So, discuss the mentioned topic or spare us the ignorance.

LOL....I guess Seattle hits too hard so they must be on something.

LOL I guess multiple players testing positive means they're on something.

What you're spouting off doesn't even make sense. You don't think A LOT of guys on ANY team wouldn't test positive for some type of HGH? What, they're gonna test 104 players after every game? LOL... Good luck with that.

I'm not really sure of what the penalty would be, varying by the amount of players testing positive. But just say, tomorrow you get on your pc/smartphone and discover that the majority of the Seattle defense tested positive for drugs/PED's. Would it warrant the revoking of the Lombardi?

Not if 1 player on the Broncos also tested positive. Every player on the field can influence every play. So whether there are 2 or 20 using it doesn't make a difference. That's why I do not think this is remotely feasable.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there's some serious logistical issues with testing 110 or so guys after every game.  It's not a simple as people lining up and peeing in cups.  There's all kinds of chain-of-custody documentation necessary to make the test legitimate.  The situation you're describing is just begging for samples to get mixed up.  I'm definitely not an expert on the issue but I imagine you'd have to have 20-30 trained professionals ready to take samples, and even then it would take 1-1.5 hours to get everyone through the process.

I know it sounds over the top, but imagine being the guy who ends up falsely testing positive because of a sample getting switched accidentally.  Once that goes public the stigma never leaves a guy. (.e.g Imagine if in the middle of the logistical mess, RG3's and Fred Davis's samples somehow got mixed up. That would follow RG3 for the rest of his career)

Archived