Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Jason Whitlock - RG III a victim of his own swagger

Mad Mike

It would be better served if it was even his offense in Houston. 

Being as the OC in Houston has been pretty much a figure head in name only as Kubiak has more or less run the offensive side right through and Shanahans time was little to no different figures or scheme wise to any other up until the present OC there. 

Now THATS interesting reading. Delving into the Houston O under Kubiak. 

Hail. 

You and this idiotic Kubiak obsession should be reason enough for any rational mind to ignore you. You are the only person I have ever heard credit Kubiak for Shanahan's success. Funny that Young and Elway credit Shanahan as the coach that helped them the most. Find me a quote where one of them credit Kubiack.

You keep posting your opinion as if it is fact. It is not.

Texans expect OC Kyle Shanahan to depart team and join father - USATODAY.com

Houston quarterback Matt Schaub (FSY), who has developed into a prolific passer under Kyle Shanahan's guidance, is disappointed the coach probably will be leaving.

"He's been a big part of what we've been able to do around here," said Schaub, who led the NFL in yards passing with 4,770. "But whenever you're doing good things in this league and in this business, things are going to change. ... I'm just happy he's getting an opportunity to move on and he's going to be a heck of a coach for a number of years."

I somewhat disagree with Whitlock. Particularly with throwing the ball. When has he seen Peyton or Brees, offensive line crash down on every drop back? When has he seen the Redskins line clear passing lanes? When has he seen Redskins receivers fight for the ball in tight windows? RG3 passes are over the top throws. There not going to be accurate. Peyton nor Brees are that accurate when there lines break down, but RG3 is suppose to??????????

Whitlock is a shock jock. A great troll.

Robbert has been HORRIBLY inaccurate this year. He's thrown at receivers feet. He's thrown behind them (a serious timing issue), and over their heads. That's the reality.

In the past he has been very accurate but pretty much everything he's been doing this year is because of terrible mechanics. I believe this is the biggest reason he is sitting. He needed a re-set. Because he was only re-enforcing bad habits by continuing to play.

And I damn sure expect accurate throws from Robert because he had done it in the past and it's one of the reasons we drafted him.

Oh and BTW... do you realize that Robert "sacked" himself last week? That's right... He scrambled around and rather than throwing the ball out of bounds once he cleared the pocket, he ran out of bounds BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. It was a bone headed move. One of many he has made this year.

Robbert has been HORRIBLY inaccurate this year. He's thrown at receivers feet. He's thrown behind them (a serious timing issue), and over their heads. That's the reality.

In the past he has been very accurate but pretty much everything he's been doing this year is because of terrible mechanics. I believe this is the biggest reason he is sitting. He needed a re-set. Because he was only re-enforcing bad habits by continuing to play.

And I damn sure expect accurate throws from Robert because he had done it in the past and it's one of the reasons we drafted him.

Oh and BTW... do you realize that Robert "sacked" himself last week? That's right... He scrambled around and rather than throwing the ball out of bounds once he cleared the pocket, he ran out of bounds BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. It was a bone headed move. One of many he has made this year.

Well, stepping up in the pocket or stepping into throws in general is 90% of the throwing mechanics.

When the line is constantly getting pushed back into the QBs face, then there goes inconsistent QB play.

Robert is getting pressured up the gut on three and four man rushes. Show me a line that's giving up that kind of pressure up the gut.

I watched Jacksonville  last Thursday and even their line forms pockets. 

When a QB is able to see pressure they begin to panic. Then the team calls plays that take time to develop and it's a nightmare scenario.

Yes Robert has been inaccurate, but I see the why.

To all you bozo's who keep saying "HE" brought us to glory last season, What? "he" played  RB? WR? TE? O-line? D-line? DB? ST? Oh and lets not forget, "he" coached, too? How would you like it if you were part of a team put together at work to improve production and succeeded and all everyone else did was to talk about one certain team member? You dont think Al Morris would have something to say about this "he" thing?  Its all this moronic talk about "he" that has me shaking my head about the competency of some Redskins fans no matter how knowledgeable they are.

The topic is about ONE guy, not the team genius. Who else would I be talking about? 

And I think its pretty obvious that other players have a hand in his success. Restating the obvious to help strengthen your point really only works on the 'moronic' fans. 

Point is, the guy just had arguably the best rookie season of any QB ever that ended with a very unfortunate injury. I think its crazy how some of you have soured on him just 13 mediocre games later. That's all i was trying to say. No need to get your panties in a bunch son. 

Here's where Whitlock's hypocrisy is exposed. In many of his columns he will always talk about how much he loves Muhammad Ali and Magic Johnson. Well if you know the history on these two athletes you know at the beginning of their careers they were viewed by many as being too brash and arrogant. Magic was heavily criticized because he got into it with his first professional coach (sound familiar?) That coach was eventually fired. We all know how many feathers Ali ruffled in the media when he became a professional because he refused to cowtow and act like he shouldn't express himself how he wanted. Whitlock and people like him want RG3 to "know his place" and use phony PC talk when giving interviews. The only reason why Ali and Magic are celebrated now is because of the success they eventually had in their careers that's why I find it crazy that people are condemming this young guy left and right just 2 years into his career. He's basically become the new media whipping boy. They've done everything but make him say his name was Toby. As usual there's a sell out Uncle Tom like Whitlock co signing on this BS. 

Archived