Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annandale High Football Coach Screams At Band " Get Off The Field"

Dan T.

So why did you include the first part trying to rationalize his awful behavior? 

This is an interesting snippet of society.

You didn't read what I posted. Then you try to spin it.

So here's why I said that:

I don't believe reports like this. I distrust the media in general. It is entirely possible that the guy went up to the podium and tapped it to draw the guys attention. Is that wrong to do? Yes. Would I do that? No. Is it different than shaking the damn thing? Yes. Do people sometimes say things, like, "shaking the podium" when in reality someone walked up to the podium? Yes. It adds to their story.

Here's another post on the matter, a couple down from the one you posted, by me in response to Hersh:

How about a simple verification that this report is factual? And not exaggerated for effect?

As with 97% of media stories/internet accounts, I usually am skeptical of these kinds of things

I'd like to hear the account from a couple of other sources, but as of now, all indications are that the Coach is a turd. That can change.

But, if, and I'll stress, IF it happened this way, that behavior is unacceptable.

Shouldn't he deal with the supervising adult and not some kid?

Or as halftime approaches should the Band Director wander onto the field into the huddle and ask the QB how much time is left.   :P

And it was Senior Night. Lighten the **** up and let them have their time. 

Officials and both teams know that Senior Night is a long, drawn out affair.

. Coach Scott has offered to apologize to the band members for his actions, which I believe is a necessary first step.

I hate this part of the Principal's letter. Instead of offering to apologize, he should just apologize. That's like the old, I'm sorry if you were offended by what I did/said. This coach should be fired.

I hate this part of the Principal's letter. Instead of offering to apologize, he should just apologize. That's like the old, I'm sorry if you were offended by what I did/said. This coach should be fired.

Maybe he means the coach is going to apologize in person to the band. An apology via e-mail is getting off too easy.

Judging by the team's record, the coach should be fired anyway.   ;)

Here's a snippet of video from the night in question.  At 0:18 and 2:55 you can hear some unseen individual trying to tell the band to get off the field.  It seems extremely douchey but also pretty tame.  Who knows what happened, or didn't happen, during the next segment of the band's halftime performance.  The video doesn't show it.

Plenty of parents and family members pay to sit in the stands because their kids are performing at halftime.  Telling the band to get off the field is arrogant and stupid, especially when the band is the only product on the field worth watching.

The coach's name is Michael Scott, by the way.  No wonder he has an attitude problem.  Poor guy.

Archived