Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Place To Rage After A Loss

CNHOPPER

I guess this can be the raging fans can go and vent.

The Broncos game was COMPLETE crap !

If I was the owner I swear I would fire every single coach on this team right now~

-were did your WRs go? Did they forget to show up and play? 

- What the hell did RG3 do to his Oline for them not block for him, I mean what the hell is wrong with them? 

- The Refs????? a BIG F U today. Broncos got away with so many things it was ridiculous!!!

WTF Did anyone notice the difference between RG3 and Kirk? I saw Kirks head looking around, But RG3 was looking at 1 WR 99% of the time. I think I saw RG3 Look at the 2nd WR twice! It seems RG3 isnt trying to look for other WRs...

WE NEED NEW WRs BAAAAD!!! 

I Cant believe this team just killed them selfs!

Im so ticked off I cant even think right now about how much was wrong with this game

RG3 picked the wrong game to have a stinker. The D finally kept the team in this game, hell, the ST even played competently and RG3 simply crapped himself. Yes, the O-line had protection issues but there were plays to be made and RG3 did not make them. Kyle Shanahan deserves a number of lashes as well for abandoning Morris and the run-game. Very disappointing game. One that could have been much more competitive, if not a stunning victory if key components (RG3, Oline, Kyle) had been on their game. At least the Skins will have a good first round pick this off-season...oh wait. Our bad.

The Redskins had this game in complete control by running the football! It kept Manning and company off the field and limited them to only 7 points the entire 1st half. Why in the hell would Kyle get away from the key to victory, un freaking real! This is why a Kyle led offense has only made 1 playoff appearance in all of his coaching, and this is why I killed his cat!

Burn it all down....trade RG3, KC , Alfred Morris....fire shanahan, Kyle , Hasslett all of them

Trade rg3 and Morris, and go with who at QB exactly....? We would have to deal with a few more years at least of mediocre play...griffin is fine, Morris is fine. Skins are only 1.5 games out of first place. Just gotta win these next 3 games to get back to 5-5.

Rage, Rage, it reminds me of the poem in Back to School : Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.   Right now the light is flickering. Speaking of back to school, I think Jr. needs a little more tutoring. 

"we're 1.5 games out"

LOL...how anyone can sit there with a straight face and predict them to just turn all the suck around for a division title is ****ing nuts. Every week, at least one unit has to be AWFUL. Not bad...AWFUL. Terrible.

2012...you had a RGIII that wasn't playing like ****. You do not have that luxury this season.

2013 is a wash. Been clear since that **** effort in Dallas

"we're 1.5 games out"

LOL...how anyone can sit there with a straight face and predict them to just turn all the suck around for a division title is ****ing nuts. Every week, at least one unit has to be AWFUL. Not bad...AWFUL. Terrible.

2012...you had a RGIII that wasn't playing like ****. You do not have that luxury this season.

Could not agree with you more man.  There appears to be no silver lining at this point

"we're 1.5 games out"

....maybe cause I'm a diehard skins fan, and I will believe we have a chance until we are mathematically out? Maybe THAT is how I can say we are only 1.5 games out of 1st. Not to mention it's true, we are seriously 1.5 games from 1st place.

Yes, please, all RG3 hate mongers please add your sentiments here so that we have easy access for future reference.

How is criticizing him after his worst game hate mongering?  I don't get it.  Nothing bad is going to happen to you for criticizing Griffin, I promise.  A lot of the blame falls on the O-line and the idiotic play calling by little Kyle.  But Griffin made a lot of poor throws and like others have said missed some wide open reads (like the one in the 2nd quarter where Reed got banged up...two guys were wide open, one for a TD and one for a first down.)

....maybe cause I'm a diehard skins fan, and I will believe we have a chance until we are mathematically out? Maybe THAT is how I can say we are only 1.5 games out of 1st. Not to mention it's true, we are seriously 1.5 games from 1st place.

can't argue with irrational confidence. I concede.

I wish I had your optimism dude. I'd probably enjoy sports more

Gotta move RGIII out of the pocket..He passes much better moving around and takes less hits..You're gonna the kid killed back there..He doesn't know what to do standing back in  the pocket.. Not his game...15+ hits today...

What the &%$%^** happened to the run game?! It was working! Albert and Helu were making yards and keeping Manning and his dinks and dunks on the sidelines!

I would lay off of Cousins. He came in a tough situation and did a pretty good job until the defense just started unloading on him and frankly just jumping the routes..They knew what was coming and just shut them off..Not Kirks fault...

How is criticizing him after his worst game hate mongering?  I don't get it.  Nothing bad is going to happen to you for criticizing Griffin, I promise.  A lot of the blame falls on the O-line and the idiotic play calling by little Kyle.  But Griffin made a lot of poor throws and like others have said missed some wide open reads (like the one in the 2nd quarter where Reed got banged up...two guys were wide open, one for a TD and one for a first down.)

The gameday thread is full of gems. Full of thinly veiled racism.

I want you to criticize. I want you to hold an opinion starkly in contrast from my own. Therefore I know where the line of demarcation starts.

I would however like for some people on this board to actually breakdown a play, that doesn't rely upon, or start with, or is a complete plagiarized parroting of Troy Aikman.

I want folks to actually break down plays and validate or invalidate the decisions made, the reads made, find the plays in which there were no other extraneous issues, like failure of the o-line, pressures allowed.

I would love for the complainants to provide evidence upon the multitude of poor decisions and non-reads. To lay out, with visual evidence and written breakdown, aside from perhaps the one, most easily observed play, the one that you mentioned above, real breakdown of the plays and each guy's responsibility. That's what I want.

Because I've often found that perception changes as you watch the tape in a monotonous and droll fashion.

Everyone and their grandmother saw Garcon open. Yes, I hope that play is the rallying cry for discontent for the entire season to come.

This part you wrote is worth reciting:

A lot of the blame falls on the O-line and the idiotic play calling by little Kyle

A lot? - How bout vast majority.

You cannot understate how putrid the offensive design and play calling is right now. I'm sorry, two routes, two, that's what our QB had to work with sometimes. That's just buffoonery. I'm sorry but Art Briles and Philip Montgomery design an offense that whittles out the mismatches. That's the point of their offense. To get one-on-one matchups and exploit them for large gains. Ironically, that's what Peyton's offense does too.

That's what you do for young QBs, you provide them the environment to succeed by designing plays where multiple routes are nothing but distraction and dispersion, therefore allowing the QB to quickly assess one or two matchups.

Guess what all those rub routes and pick patterns were today for Manning? - Simplification of design to get a single man open for a quick, easy pass.

Yes, did you see Manning throw a pass to Welker where he was literally 2 to 3 yards from the LOS. That's called high percentage. And it's not about this bull**** diatribe we hear on Griff: "oh we need to simplify things for Griff because HE's (whatever) 'slow'" ... no, even Manning get simplified routes. They are done out of design. That's why you saw a lot of short and horizontal passes from Manning. It's what you do when teams play Press Man. The vertical was getting jammed and disrupted. Their offense is a timing offense, that's why the Colts did it with success, that why we did it, with success.

In all actuality, we forced bad passes and mistakes from a hall of famer today with our Press Man. So **** all the "(Griff) is too slow" bull****.

The interior o-line, that's where I would use the words "sucks." Chester, Kory L. & Monty have been giving up tons of pressures this year, game in, game out, not just today. But was very much observable today.

What were the numbers today?

33 Dropbacks

3 Sacks

15 Knockdowns

18 Hits

That's what was on the TV screen today after Griff took that hit from #94. You know, the one where Kory L. got beat right from the snap, let the guy go untouched.

How many pressures? - I'm going to have to watch the All-22 to find out.

edit: I would TOO, just like you, like see better results from the team and thus better play from Griffin. I would love to see him succeed moreso. I can't say that I haven't seen any missed routes, because they are there. But I don't feel it's the one thing, the preeminent thing, holding back the team. I was one of the folks that wrote shanahan did a disservice by putting Griff out there week 1, because he looked rusty and herky-jerky and thus less effective. It's been rough. The first couple games were not very good. I feel, in part, it was because of some not-so-fundamental mechanics, like the footwork. I attributed that to his knee and planting / driving power.

However, I feel a lot of it can be schemed to get better results from Griff. If he had more of a tailored, Baylor Spread, Air Raid, I think that suits what he has already done and understands. I don't give a poop if people want to say we're simplifying things for his benefit. If Griff can start hitting Go patterns down the sideline, with regularity, like he did at Baylor with abundant success, then I'll gladly take "simple" if it means "success."

I just want people to breakdown more than a couple plays. I would hope that the fervor and straight up anger that was seen in the gameday thread was just stupidity and/or people complaining that a swing pass completion would have markedly changed much about one specific play.

Kyle Shannahan is in above his head and Daddy's loyalty to his kid is detroying this team and impacting adversely on RGIII's development.  Why take the ball out of Alfred and Helu? Why leave the QB the collapsed pocket? Wheere was the movement from last week? Why start the game throwing?  Are you trying to make a statement that you can go toe-to-toe with Manning?

Kyle never seem to have  solid game plan-just a list of play with little rhtyhmn and no half time adjustments!

If Mike wants to keep jhis job, he needs to step in and help out his.  Firing him would be a prefernce I doubt he would to it to baby boy.

My biggest criticism of RG3 isn't his throwing or running, it's his field vision. Simply not seeing wide open receivers is unnaccptable and speaks to an inability to properly go through his progressions. This was the knock on him coming out of college and seemed to be an area of improvement last year, but teams were so fearful of his ability to torch them running that it covered up much of this.

Now that teams are vastly improved in defending the read-option and plays out of the pistol formation, developing the skill of pre-snap reads (to possibly identify where there might be a mis-match and where a blitz might be coming from) as well as going through his progressions once his number 1 receiver is covered, is now paramount in RG3's development. This is on Kyle Shannahan as much as it is, RG3. Maybe more.

Archived