Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Place To Rage After A Loss

CNHOPPER

A game against a very good broncos team. I have no doubt we can beat chargers, Vikings and eagles and get back to .500 to make a late season push.

I totally agree with you Cooley and Monk, This is the thing

- I hated the playcalling in the second half - We know our WR have trouble with man coverage and you know catching the ball and we know that Kyle in the past has shown that creativity to run multiple routes to get people open but we have seemed to scale it back so much this year and I am not sure why .

- I hated the way that we went away from the run so quick when things started slipping .

The only thing I can think of is Kyle had a preconcieved idea this was going to be a shoot out and in the back of his head had a plan for when the Broncos put their foot down we would go pass heavy to try and keep up . Not going to work .

I would like to see us going quick pass simple passing routes like we did in 2012 against the Saints to give Griff some confidence and get into 2nd and 3rd and managable in the air and on the ground .

But any way - the other thing I would like to say - those Broncos are damn scary ...

Looking forwards I can see us at least giving a game to the Chargers Vikings and Eagles get to .500 and we would actually be in better shape we were last season when we were in a 3-6 hole before going to go on to win the division . In all the crazyness we have to remember we are only 1-5 (i thought it was 2-5) games out of first place and it doesn't matter how you get to the playoffs ... just get to the playoffs ...

all I hear are excuses from every player on this team!!! Garcon is actually pissing me off now. He claims to be a #1 wideout yet complains he can't get separation. That's what #1 wideouts do...find a way to catch the ball. This team has hands of stone! Balls that are wide open are being dropped. And don't get me started on the 2nd half play calling. Honestly, I have no idea why they went away from the run. I didn't see any reason to go away until the Broncos proved they could stop the run. Kyle did a horrendous job play calling.

Not to be a negative nancy, but this team is done.

"we're 1.5 games out"

LOL...how anyone can sit there with a straight face and predict them to just turn all the suck around for a division title is ****ing nuts. Every week, at least one unit has to be AWFUL. Not bad...AWFUL. Terrible.

2012...you had a RGIII that wasn't playing like ****. You do not have that luxury this season.

2013 is a wash. Been clear since that **** effort in Dallas

c'mon, don't 2005, 2007 and 2012 mean anything. 

I honestly don't know how a fan could be so irresponsible with his/her comments. 

What's your deal? 

This team can rail 2-3 wins in a row, the Giants are doing it, and they were MUCH worse than the Skins at 0-6. 

Am i allowed to criticize Griffin's performance in this thread, or will I get crucified for it like everywhere else on this board?

I have not issue criticizing him at all. I love RGIII and what he did last year for this team, but we can't stop telling lies to ourselves after watching him time and time again locking in one one receiver, holding the ball way too long, not reading defenses before the snap and not hitting receivers like he was last  year.  

Kyle after this game, needs to make a decision.  Either bring in KC if he wants a pocket QB or move RGIII around the pocket and let him have the option or running or throwing.  if the coaching staff is afraid he is going to get hurt, then sit him and work on fundamentals in the off-season.  Forget the turnovers in this game, we punted the ball 7 times.  How the hell you manage that against a D that Romo sits to pee had his best game ever?

This lose goes almost entirely on the offense. RGIII seemed to have tunnel vision, but there were Broncos in the backfield from "hike" and WR couldn't get away from their men. The only aspect of the game that seemed to be any good was our running backs, but we seemed to completely give up on them during the second half. 

can't argue with irrational confidence. I concede.

I wish I had your optimism dude. I'd probably enjoy sports more

Agreed. I'm falling into apathy toward the Redskins, and toward NFL football as a whole. I didn't watch a second of the Sunday Night game (watched the World Series instead). I can still sit and watch college football all day long and I have been loving the World Series this year. I'm looking forward to the beginning of college basketball and seeing more NHL Hockey. 

The NFL, though? Hardly watched any of it this Sunday. Sort of forget it was even on for much of the day. 

A game against a very good broncos team. I have no doubt we can beat chargers, Vikings and eagles and get back to .500 to make a late season push.

I don't know about the Chargers.  I've seen a lot this season in other threads where people are marking the Charger game as an easy win.  The Chargers are pretty good and Rivers is doing very well this season.  I think we can beat them.  The Chargers are a west coast team playing at 1pm on the east coast, so that should help, but the Chargers will be very tough imo.

RG3 does lock on a bunch (his new favorite lock on is Jordan Reed, it used to be Garcon) but you are kidding yourself if you think Kirk came in and did any better

I'm not saying we should make a switch at QB right now, but you have to look at the circumstances.  Kirk was thrown in cold at the end of the game against a team with 100% momentum.  Kirk didn't take any 1st team snaps during the week like RG3. 

Archived