Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft: Ravens Set To Acquire Eugene Monroe In Trade From Jaguars

Gymratfwp

Any chance we can swoop in and get him to play RT?

I find it difficult to believe that both Pashos and Trueblood are now starting for the Raiders and the Falcons but neither could beat out Polumbus. (I KNOW Coach Foerster knows what he's doing, but Polumbus is really kind of meh... Trueblood and Pashos must have been even meh'er).

My thoughts exactly...how that happens is beyond me...

Has Vinny been moonlighting as a GM for JAX these past couple of years?

The former GM was Gene Smith who if you ask anyone who's a Jags fan, they'll just go off about him. They hired a new GM in Dave Caldwell who's a very bright young GM. He knows what he's doing and will get them turned around fast 

The former GM was Gene Smith who if you ask anyone who's a Jags fan, they'll just go off about him. They hired a new GM in Dave Caldwell who's a very bright young GM. He knows what he's doing and will get them turned around fast 

Hopefully...the NFL is better as a whole when teams aren't run by a bunch of nimrods.

I hope that JAX turns it around sooner rather than later...but it is going to be a few years before they are competative again.

Sounds like a desperation trade by the Ravens.

I guess they've given up on Michael Oher's transition to left tackle?

How in heaven's name is this a desperation trade for the Ravens they got him for a 4th and a 5th round pick. Newsome doesn't go out in whims when it comes to free agency and trades he's probably the best in the NFL at it.

The Ravens have put all their money in an average QB. They 're gonna need draft picks to keep the team afloat.

But your 100% correct, Ozzie is the best GM in football - hands down.

Just goes to show why I'm a fan and not a pro football executive.

The Ravens get a lot of praise for their drafting but nobody is better or smarter in free agency or trading. Corey Graham was a special teamer for the Bears and ends up being a key starter for them after injuries at CB. They let Bernard Pollard go but he was another inexpensive signing that ended up being a key contributor, along with Matt Birk, Corey Redding, Trevor Pryce, (a few years ago) Bryant McKinnie, the list could go on for a while especially if you go a little farther back. The a holes cant seem to get it wrong for some reason and I think Monroe was just a value+opportunity equation coupled with the fact that it was a position of need for them. Great trade IMO.

Hopefully...the NFL is better as a whole when teams aren't run by a bunch of nimrods.

I hope that JAX turns it around sooner rather than later...but it is going to be a few years before they are competative again.

Shad Khan as the Owner and Dave Caldwell as the GM will be a good combo for Jacksonville. Will they be a super bowl contender in 2-3 years? Nope, but they'll be pretty good soon based on Caldwell's background(he's a Thomas Dimitroff disciple from Atlanta)

Shad Khan as the Owner and Dave Caldwell as the GM will be a good combo for Jacksonville. Will they be a super bowl contender in 2-3 years? Nope, but they'll be pretty good soon based on Caldwell's background(he's a Thomas Dimitroff disciple from Atlanta)

Hopefully, it's tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel for those guys...they came into JAX when the cubbords were pretty barren....wishing them all the luck in the world to at least get to a point where they are competitive.

They should trade MJD while they are at it...not going to be going anywhere anytime soon so might as well load up on draft picks while MJD would command at least a 2-4 rounder...

Hopefully they should be able to pick up a franchise signal caller this draft and then can start building around him and Joeckel...

Archived