Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: If Haslett Gets Turfed, Who Steps Up As Interim Dc?

Chadwiko

I think our personnel fit both the 4-3 and 3-4.  I think we would see better things from a 4-3 though and be able to maximize each players strengths.

Ends - Kerrigan, Rak

Tackles - Cofield, Bowen

OLBs - Riley, Jackson

MLB - Fletch

Considering we are not even doing the fundamental things on defense, like tackling... I think it's best we stay with the design we have, and practice the fundamentals.

He's talking about Kerry Rhodes... The former Safety of the Cardinals who is a still a street Free Agent but hasn't been picked up yet because supposedly the NFL is blacklisting him for possibly being gay.

However, Rhodes was one of the better Safeties in the league last year on a stellar Arizona defense and I've been saying for a while that he should be brought in... Him and Richard Seymour.

I understand all of that. But saying he'd be a distraction because he's gay is overblown. Sure they'll he questions initially but that'll be it

And I don't buy into the blacklisted bs either

Guys we just need a good consultant.  Check the bingo halls.

seriously though, Rex Ryan.  somehow.

Rex is an egomaniac, and likes high draft picks and FA's on his defense. So long as the Shanahans and Griffin are here. this is most likely going to be an offensive team.. I don't know if Rex would agree to that. I don't know if Shanahan would agree either.

Considering we are not even doing the fundamental things on defense, like tackling... I think it's best we stay with the design we have, and practice the fundamentals.

I understand that part, it was a hypothetical with everyone talking about a 4-3 vs 3-4 with current personnel.  However, I also think the lack of fundamentals being executed defensively also comes down to how the personnel is being played.  Example being Rak moving laterally along the line vs. dropping back and being caught 1 on 1 in open space.  It wouldn't solve a lot of the mistakes but I think you would have players playing more naturally/comfortable

Archived