Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: If Haslett Gets Turfed, Who Steps Up As Interim Dc?

Chadwiko

As the thread title suggests, this thread is purely about discussing potential mid-season replacements for Haslett.

The obvious answer for many will be Raheem Morris.

However, Bob Slowik (our current linebackers coach) is also a strong possibility, as he has DC experience at several teams and has done really well with our linebackers.

Does anyone have any left-field possibilities for who it could be?

Well if you want some out of nowhere possibilities, I'm thinking Lovie Smith. Yeah, he wants to be a HC, but if Dan opens the checkbook and cuts him a nice enough check to keep his name in the NFL, it's not completely out of the question.

But I still think Raheem would be the obvious option.

Lovie Smith is an interesting possibility. He was the DC with Fletcher when the Rams won their super bowl if I'm remembering correctly.

Lovie Smith is an interesting possibility. He was the DC with Fletcher when the Rams won their super bowl if I'm remembering correctly.

I wouldn't use the idea of him being the Rams DC during their SB run; the Rams literately put up way too many points which aided their defense immensely.

I will say that i'm open to the idea of going back to a 4-3, but not too cozy about Morris; he lost his team in Tampa [ who hasn't lately ] and not looking good thus far this year.

Morris should follow Haslett out of the door. 

On staff, Slowik is the most experienced in the gig who I guess you'd turn to in the interim. You aren't going to get anyone under contract through the season. Crennel' probably the best 34 guy who's a FA at present. 

Slim pickings. This move should of been the first piece of business on the agenda as soon as the Seattle loss happened back in January. 

Hail. 

people who defend Haslett are delusional, he is the absolute worst DC coach we had and the worst DC coach in NFL right now. defense playing good last year down the strech has saved him a job, it was a good and bad thing. good being we won some games, bad it saved his job and gave us the worst defense in NFL history thru first 3 games. I would put a roadkill in his place and it would do a better job. Him, Morris and D.Hall can go and launch themselves into space. As someone said our terrible defense has been overshadowed by RG's bad start to the season. I didnt even wanted to watch the game today, thats how bad I feel about this year.

Archived