Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: If Haslett Gets Turfed, Who Steps Up As Interim Dc?

Chadwiko

I say either give the gig to Slowik or Morris until the end of the season then go out and get a real DC who NFL teams hate to play against. Shwartz might be available but Lovie Smith comes to mind. If we can get him now we should go get him. I was one of teh guys that was shouting to get rid of him before he even started because he is terrible. The big thing about changing the defense and all that was to generate turnovers. We might have created more turnovers but we also have given up more yards than any other team. The defense he plays looks like this: The DL continues to get block without even shedding them, the LB's overpersue or get blocked, then there are gapping holes for runners to get 5, 10, 15, 20, etc yards. Our CB's play 5 to 7 yards off the WR's and wait until the WR's make their break before they even move which puts them in the trailing position. They can't tackle because they either dive at ankles, try to hit them with their shoulder or some other poor attempt to tackle. Playing that type of defense allows for easy completions and potential for big plays which bring about huge chunks of YAC averages. Get Haslett out of here and get someone in DC that can coach defense.

Mike Nolan

We can't afford to bring in Hasletts twin brother. Nolan blows chunks and besides we tried that before. Look where that experiment got us.

Logical reason why you feel that way please

because when Morris was the D coordinator with the bucs he had them playing tough. The reason hr got fired was because they had a sorry QB and sorry offense but on defense they held it down. plus it wasnt until they brought in another d coordinator that the defense fell apart

Lovie Smith is a Tampa 2 coach.  We don't have that personnel.

If Haslett is fired it will be Raheem Morris.

In all likelihood, we ride it out until the end of the year and then fly out to the University of California Los Angelas and hire that guy over in my avatar.

We really do have to get HAslett out of here.  And I love the Lovie Smith talk, would be amazing if we were able to snag him.  In my opinion theres very few DCs who actually can turn a defense around just with a scheme.  Wade Phillips, for example, was able to take Houston from worst D to the best D in one year.  We need a guy like that, and I feel Lovie could do it. 

IF Haslett gets fired midway through, get Raheem to take over.

I think you gave Raheem undertalented guys that people wanted out, and then a bunch of rookies.  And you heard Ronde say during the game that Raheem told him they simply can't tackle.  I think he got handed a bunch of non-tackling guys to try to make something out of.  And you can't really teach it during the season.  The only way you really figure out how bad they are is during actual games.  

I think he could be a serviceable DC.  We saw the difference in the Ravens offense when they canned Cam Cameron and inserted the QB coach.  Completely different offensive philosophy.  So I think the fact that a position coach serves under the DC doesn't mean the position coach doesn't have his own ways of doing things if he were in charge.  And that could be part of the problem.  Perhaps Morris is having to coach his guys to Haslett's wishes.  And when you get elevated midseason, I think the mandate is to do something different.   

I think you gave Raheem undertalented guys that people wanted out, and then a bunch of rookies.  And you heard Ronde say during the game that Raheem told him they simply can't tackle.  I think he got handed a bunch of non-tackling guys to try to make something out of.  And you can't really teach it during the season.  The only way you really figure out how bad they are is during actual games.  

I think he could be a serviceable DC.  We saw the difference in the Ravens offense when they canned Cam Cameron and inserted the QB coach.  Completely different offensive philosophy.  So I think the fact that a position coach serves under the DC doesn't mean the position coach doesn't have his own ways of doing things if he were in charge.  And that could be part of the problem.  Perhaps Morris is having to coach his guys to Haslett's wishes.  And when you get elevated midseason, I think the mandate is to do something different.   

thank you. y'all think that bcuz the secondary is bad its his fault but around the nfl the owners and coaches know he is a good defensive coach so I think he would be waaaay better for us than what we got now. just my opinion so whatever

You say interim DC meaning you think he may get fired during the season. We all know that won't happen, well, maybe if we go 0-9 or worse we might. Shanny seems loyal to this nutbag and it drives me crazy. This dude is all "blitz" and we get roasted each week for it. 

Well if you want some out of nowhere possibilities, I'm thinking Lovie Smith. Yeah, he wants to be a HC, but if Dan opens the checkbook and cuts him a nice enough check to keep his name in the NFL, it's not completely out of the question.

But I still think Raheem would be the obvious option.

We were talking about this after the game yesterday and my boy said the same thing Lovie Smith. Dan " PAY THAT MAN!" because we really need it. This season at 0-3 is not looking good so what harm will it do. Install his scheme, we can participate in FA this year with no penalties and I am sure that we can find some fits in the late rounds in draft.

I don't really care how long he stays, I just hope this team is licking there chops this off season when Rex Ryan gets canned.  I think Rex Ryan is a good coach (most will disagree) and had bad luck being paired up with Mark Sanchez, but the dude can coach a defense.  His defense is top notch every single year and always has different personnel every year as well.  They lose 5-7 starters consistently from there defense every year and still have insane production.  I hope he gets **** canned this year and we give him a nice chunk of change to be our DC if he turns down head coaching opportunities. 

I remember some of the best Redskins defenses were in the 4-3 so I can't say that would bother me. Lovie Smith would be a great addition in my opinion. The 3-4 for the most part has been disastrous since the switch. This offense with the 2005 defense? That would be awesome.

I remember some of the best Redskins defenses were in the 4-3 so I can't say that would bother me. Lovie Smith would be a great addition in my opinion. The 3-4 for the most part has been disastrous since the switch. This offense with the 2005 defense? That would be awesome.

The defense hasn't been as good since the 4-3 in 2009 and that is entirely Mike Shanahan's fault. In fact, 5 out of the last 6 years this team played a 4-3 before Shanny the defense was ranked in the top 10. It was changed only because of Shanahan's ego and ultimately it should be the reason he is fired.

Doesn't matter who the interim coach might. This defense won't improve.

Archived