Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wtvr: Woman Pretending To Be Teen Boy Charged With Sex Crimes

China

Woman pretending to be teen boy charged with sex crimes

HAMPTON, Va. (WTVR) — A Hampton woman, who investigators said pretended to be a teenage boy, is charged with a variety of crimes. Now police want to know if there are other victims yet to come forward.

Deputies were called to the woods along Point Comfort Loop Monday afternoon after people reported hearing a person in distress. There they found a 15-year-old girl and a person who said they were a 15-year-old boy named Seth Walker.

Deputies determined Walker was in fact not a boy.

“This person is actually Stephanie Griffith, who is a 21-year-old female,” York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office Lt. Dennis Ivey, Jr. wrote in a media advisory. “It was also determined that Griffith had been having consensual sexual contact with the 15-year-old female in the woods and on several other occasions.”

Griffith, of Clover Street in Hampton, is charged with seven counts of sexual battery, one count of crimes against nature and one count of piercing a minor.

fark_h9_pP12yUTPu3qQRXrJaZmWZr0c.jpg?t=w

Click on the link for the full article

This person should be charged and tried for the crimes listed, whether the sex was consensual or not.  I'm guessing the age of consent in VA is not 15.

In my experience with my daughter when she was almost 16 (age of consent in the state we lived in at the time), she was in a motel with a guy who I was told was over 21 and I called the police and they wouldn't do anything because she was almost 16 and it was apparently consensual.  I called the motel and told them they had an underage girl in a room with an adult and they wouldn't do anything.  So I was left to rage until my daughter got home and then I read her the riot act and grounded her.  (As a side note, I had a lot of trouble with her until she was arrested for disorderly conduct and underage drinking and she was put on a year's probation, a fate about which I had cautioned her, and she shaped up after that.  This incident occured after the motel incident.)  I lost faith in the police ever doing anything to protect youngsters if they were close to the age of consent.

Woman pretending to be teen boy charged with sex crimes

Griffith, of Clover Street in Hampton, is charged with seven counts of sexual battery, one count of crimes against nature and one count of piercing a minor.

Click on the link for the full article

Charge her with statutory rape.  Fine and appropriate. 

charging her with "crimes against nature???"  sounds pretty damned bogus and purely bigotted to me.

and the crime of  "piercing a minor"  ??  .... uhm... wtf?

charging her with "crimes against nature???"  sounds pretty damned bogus and purely bigotted to me.

Virginia sex law has always been a few decades behind the times.  (See Loving v. Virginia 388 U.S. 1 (1967))  

Hell, Ken Cuccinelli is running for governor on a platform that includes banning oral sex between married couples.   I'm not even joking.     

Virginia sex law has always been a few decades behind the times.  (See Loving v. Virginia 388 U.S. 1 (1967))  

Hell, Ken Cuccinelli is running for governor on a platform that includes banning oral sex between married couples.   I'm not even joking.     

Except that law has already been thrown out by  SCOTUS, so it's irrelevant. McAuliffe on the other hand is an O'Malley and Bloomberg disciple . .. *shutters*

I see your mind is still on the camel toes.  "Piercing a minor" is not a sexual offense.  If you read the article the girl screamed because she was getting her belly button pierced (and was done without parental consent).

Except that law has already been thrown out by  SCOTUS, so it's irrelevant. McAuliffe on the other hand is an O'Malley and Bloomberg disciple . .. *shutters*

It's not irrelevant that a gubenatorial candidate, current attorney general, deliberately wishes to revive a law that he knows is unconstitutional (and is also hilariously priggish and out of date).    As an attorney, I find that disgraceful.

I have nothing nice to say about McAulliffe.  He's a hack.  But Cuccinelli is a wild eyed extremist.  

I see your mind is still on the camel toes.  "Piercing a minor" is not a sexual offense.  If you read the article the girl screamed because she was getting her belly button pierced (and was done without parental consent).

Huh?  Where's the fun in that?

(no I didn't read the article either  :doh:  )

I can't wait to vote in my last election in Virginia.  I can vote against Cuccinelli and his retro thinking as regards women's control of their own bodies, and marital laws he's proposing.  He's also proposing to make divorce extremely hard if not down right impossible.  He's all about inserting himself in other people's personal business.  Not to be tolerated.

I'm guessing the crimes against nature is maybe digital insertion into the minor, since the accused doesn't have a penis, or maybe using something artificial.

Virginia is absolutely anteluvidian when it comes to laws regarding consensual sex.  I'm not saying that what happened should be excused as consensual.  It's statutory rape as far as I'm concerned.

Archived