Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tablet Wars - Which One To Buy?

Dont Taze Me Bro

Expensive compared to a desktop and not nearly as portable as a tablet.

You can get desktop combo's and laptops brand new cheaper than tablets.  Tablets aren't necessarily cheaper.  As far as portability, I guess it depends whether you want to stand around and do work standing up on a tablet.  My laptop is as portable as my tablet, it's really just a preference.  There is a reason Microsoft put a keyboard option on their Surface, a lot of tablet users end up buying a case with a built in keyboard, which ends up making in no different than a laptop with a ****ty keyboard.

My wife is an apple person, but the reason we have ipads is the special education aps for apple are far better and not available on other platforms.  For the vision impaired, the ipad's combination of colors and aps is the best.  That was what drove us to replace our kindle with a much more expensive ipad. 

My wife is an apple person, but the reason we have ipads is the special education aps for apple are far better and not available on other platforms.  For the vision impaired, the ipad's combination of colors and aps is the best.  That was what drove us to replace our kindle with a much more expensive ipad. 

I'd prefer an ipad over most of the other tablets, basing it on having the opportunity to try out the ipad, ipad 2, ipad air, various galaxy tablets, etc.  I love both platforms (android and apple), but the ipad, imo, is the best tablet out there for what the average person needs it for.  And the fact that it addresses more pressing needs as you mention, makes it even better.

Archived