Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why we'll be 5-3...

freakofthesouth

OK.

We can take the Bills. We are a better team, and I think the offensive spurts that we saw last week against the Bucs' D will be there this weekend as well....hopefully w/ more production, points-wise.

Nonetheless, we beat Buffalo.

Then we have two weeks to prepare for a Dallas team who's schedule has been relatively light up to this point, excluding, of course, their two division victories that could have gone either way.

Dallas will be coming off a big loss to Tampa, and will lack the ability to hang w/ the Skins' rested secondary and prepared offensive schemes.

So 5-3...then we face the Seahawks at home, who have played strong up to this point.

6-3?

Jbooma, you never know how players will step up.

When Smoot went out last week, we had Bauman trying to play Smoot's role...he can't do that.

But now, w/ time to prepare for Smoot's absence, the D will chance a little bit. Maybe not for the better, but there will not be many instances when Bauman will be on an island out there.

Like you said...we'll see.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

Oh,sorry Mad Mike.

That wasn't pessimistic enough for you.

Note to self- be more depressed and gloomy next time.

I wasn't looking for pessimism. I'm the anti-pessimist. To tell the truth I don't know what I was thinking. Just chalk it up to strained nerves and ignore me. :laugh:

It isn't unrealistic for us to be 5-3. The Bills are certainly beatable and the Cowpukes aren't much different than the Giants or Eagles, two teams that we could have or even should have beaten.

I think Seahawks are a better team than we are, but not much better. Even 6-3 isn't inconceivable. Then again, 3-6 isn't inconceivable either. That's the case any time you are rebuilding.

Antoine Winfield isn't very tall either, but he gets the job done. We diss guys like Bauman and Ade Jimoh, but they HAVE to get some playing time to grow into the job.

But the combination of no pressure up front and inexperience in the secondary is sure cause for some alarm.

I think we can win. Of course, I thought we would beat the Bucs, too.

Jimoh is an undrafted rookie and should never have been put in a position where the team was counting on him to sew up a win in the fourth quarter of his 2nd NFL game :laugh:

come on.

people on here call me a pessimist and ride me for being down on guys, but the truth is I am only 'down' on players that have the talent AND the experience to play better than they are.

I look at players like Jimoh and LaDairis Jackson as well as higher profile youngsters such as Dockery and Taylor Jacobs and don't expect that much from them in their first chance at extended action.

The Skins decided to keep Jimoh and Sultan McCullough instead of other veteran players at CB and RB because they thought these players had an upside that the vets lacked.

That opinion may be the right one or it may be mistaken.

But it is going to take a lot more than Jimoh getting beaten in Game 2 or 3 of his NFL career or Dockery getting beat by Corey Simon to tell me these were the wrong choices :)

The Cowboys and Bills present serious problems for us because they have solid #3 WRs. With Smoot out, this becomes even more of a concern. If Moulds can't play, we should handle Buffalo easily, but if he's close to 100%, I'd be very Norvous. Champ may shut down Galloway, but Smoot was Antonio's b!tch last year, and Parcells is the one guy able to get Glenn to perform at his potential. The Cowpukes game will be tough.

Regardless Riggo, think 5-3.

Our team has some threats too.

We have a strong 3rd receiver, and can produce just as much as these teams.

When all is said and done, we will have a lot of time to prepare for the Pukes, and I don't think they will beat the Bucs.

They will be demoralized and vulnerable, and we will go for the jugular!

C'mon, let's be positive!

Everybody's doing it!

It's the cool thing to do!

"If peeing your pants is cool, then consider me Miles Davis."

Archived