Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Jerryworld (Dallas) Tailgate Thread (Skinspat Thread Merged With Kleese's Post @ #13--M.e.t.)

skinspat

Any one know how big that tailgate lot at the mexican restaurant is?  I was thinking about buying some parking either way just in case I go.  28 bucks is a great deal for parking with bathrooms. I see you can get it refunded 24 hours in advance.  

I'm not sure how big it is, but if you google "guadalajara restaurant dallas" there seems to be a picture that shows a bit of the parking.  Also, don't forget to use the discount code "PARKWHIZ" when purchasing a pass, it's good for 10% off.

Damn, it looks like the parking at Guadalajara is sold out. I'll have to find some place close so that I can walk over.

I was afraid of that. But there are a number of lots nearby on division street. That park whiz website has a whole bunch of other places close by. You carried the torch last year so don't worry about brining stuff and hauling it from where you park. We will have plenty for you. Are you in for sure though? I know you were on the fence for awhile.

I was afraid of that. But there are a number of lots nearby on division street. That park whiz website has a whole bunch of other places close by. You carried the torch last year so don't worry about brining stuff and hauling it from where you park. We will have plenty for you. Are you in for sure though? I know you were on the fence for awhile.

I'm in.  I will have two vehicles.  I believe a total of 6 people.  I guess we'll find someplace close and make sure whatever we do have is easy enough to carry.  Thanks Kleese.

Mia (mikeinjc) and I just bought seats together so I am in for the tailgate.  Bummer about the mexican restaurant.  Any chance that spots will be reopen again?  Has anyone called?  Looks like my backup plan is Americas Best Value because I do have a grill.  I cannot exactly carry it :)

I just called.. He said they will sell spaces for cash on gameday... I'm not sure if it will be more or not. But he did say you can drive up and buy a spot that day. I believe that lot opens at 2:30.... We have set the "official" start time at 3:30, but it might be wise to get there as early as you can if you plan on going with cash.

Update

jdeichert2636 (+3)

Kleese (+3)

Poman (+3)

Chilly14 (+2)

MikeInJc (+?)

Malplayer (+2)

MintHillSkinsFan (+5)

I thought about it and will probably just shoot for the cash lot spot at the mexican restaurant.  I plan on arriving around 2:30.  I just have too much tailgate stuff to bring over if at all possible.  I have a fire & ice grill that anyone can use for cooking if needed, table, tent (pop up tarp) if we are allowed( 20% percent chance of rain as of now) and a few chairs.  I plan on bringing some kind of meat and a 8 layer dip with chips.  

I thought about it and will probably just shoot for the cash lot spot at the mexican restaurant. I plan on arriving around 2:30. I just have too much tailgate stuff to bring over if at all possible. I have a fire & ice grill that anyone can use for cooking if needed, table, tent (pop up tarp) if we are allowed( 20% percent chance of rain as of now) and a few chairs. I plan on bringing some kind of meat and a 8 layer dip with chips.

Good news..all I can tell you is what he told me--- show up, pay cash, and it sounds like you can park in the same area where those of us that have passes are parking. I would assume they sell a certain amount online and then leave space for cash purchases that day. I would imagine if you get there early it won't be an issue at all. Again, I'll be there by 3:30... We can use this thread to communicate on gameday if there are any issues. How many in your party?

Kleese, you can expect me +3 at the Guadalajara. We will be on foot. What should we bring?

Added you to the list above, glad you will be able to make it.

Unless anyone has objections, here is my take on how we handle the supplies:

It sounds as if we will have two grills available. According to the RSVPs right now we are looking at 25-30 people. That is likely to increase as it gets closer-- last year it seemed people just kept rolling in, which was cool.

Rather than put the onus on any one person or group, I'd say everyone just use your best judgement and bring what you can. If you are on foot, obviously you can't haul as much.

I think it would be wise for everyone partaking in alcohol to bring your own. If you want to throw extra in to share, great. But in terms of beer and liquor I think everyone should be prepared to supply their own.

Food... Do what you can. The guys with grills are bringing some stuff to cook and they will have extra, but not enough for that many people. If you have 4 people that all want hot dogs, it would make sense to bring a package and some buns, etc.

I know its kind of a crapshoot, but rather than try to get super specific I think it would be easiest for everyone to just do what they can do-- no need for anyone to spend a ton or anything like that. Bring some stuff you know you want and if you can provide some extra, then that is great. Last year I remember there being all kinds of stuff leftover.

I plan on brining a cooler full of drinks along with some bulk snack foods. If people want to post here what they are brining it might be helpful for others to figure out what they need to bring.

hey guys - i will be there with my gf. I think I read through all the posts so if I understand correctly, we're meeting at the parking lot of Guadalajara mexican restaurant but they don't have any more pre-purchase spots available? Only a certain amount of cash spots available on gameday - is that correct?

hey guys - i will be there with my gf. I think I read through all the posts so if I understand correctly, we're meeting at the parking lot of Guadalajara mexican restaurant but they don't have any more pre-purchase spots available? Only a certain amount of cash spots available on gameday - is that correct?

Correct. That is what I was told by a guy over the phone at the restaurant. I'd suggest getting there as early as you can.

Archived