Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Jerryworld (Dallas) Tailgate Thread (Skinspat Thread Merged With Kleese's Post @ #13--M.e.t.)

skinspat

I am traveling down with a crew of 9 other guys for my bachelor party to the Skins/Cowboys game in Dallas October 13. Wanted to poll the group to see if anyone had been to Jerry World and could offer any advice... 

Any ideas on the best way to score 8-10 tickets to the game? They look like they have the highest inventory of tickets on the secondary market, but it also seems like it might be a seller's market. I have heard the SRO option is not so good.

Obviously we'll have to be on our best behavior (riiiiiiiiiiiiiight), but any stories from anyone who has dealt with Dallas fans or ambitious stadium security would be helpful.

HAIL.

I live in DFW. We absolutely OWNED the stadium on Thanksgiving last year. It was beautiful. I don't have a current line on tickets other than the normal brokers. It will cost more because it is the Skins/Boys AND RGIII is VERY popular down here. Dallas fans are easy and non-confrontational; you will have no problem there & will be surprised (amazed) at the number of Redskins fans here. You will be searched so I wouldn't try to sneak in anything. You CAN have a hellva time tailgating though. There will be Redskins Tents up & I'm sure a thread later on where everybody will be meeting up. You will have a blast and it is wonderful time of the year to come down. Shoot me a message with any particular questions about the area you may have. HTTR

No idea where the best place to go to get that many tickets is. Everything online is riddled with service fees that jack the price up $15-20 per ticket. You may be able to call the site if you find the tickets and ask if they will come down any on their fees. They've done that for me before though I can't remember which site it was that did it.

My then fiancé took me to the Thanksgiving game last year for my birthday. We were in the upper level like row 4 I believe. They were great seats though. The stadium is magnificent. The walls of each end zone just open up and you walk right in and the field is actually pretty far below ground level. It's really unique. Once you walk in at the open end zones, there is a huge lobby area that is 3 levels high you can just hang out on with sofas and bars and things. I assume these are the SRO levels it I am not sure. I seems like anybody could just hang out there if they wanted during the game, I know we could. The sight lines here are actually prettyy good if you are able to get close to the edge. Of course you can also watch the massive scoreboard if you can actually see the field. These lobby areas are pity cool places to hang out after the game if you want to have a drink and chill while waiting for traffic to clear out.

There is a lot to do and see outside the stadium on game day and inside so make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to get around and see everything. There is a massive Walmart right across the street too for any last minute supplies that might be needed. We found a $10 cash lot for parking too that was a couple blocks from the stadium parking lot so it was a pretty easy walk too.

Its definitely an experience. I had a blast and really enjoyed the stadium. The trip was a huge success before the game even started but of course winning only made it sweeter. Dallas fans didn't bother us at all (my best friend and his girl went too and are Cowboys fans) and we were sporting RG3 jerseys the whole time. There was some good natured ribbing but I never felt insulted or unsafe at all. Everybody was very hospitable and we were even offered some food walking through the parking lot from Cowboys fans tailgating. You will see a lot of Redskins fans out too and can probably hang out win some tailgating under tents too.

You guys are going to have a great time

I don't know about scalping down there (not literally ha ha); but Texas Dallas fans are some of the nicest people you could wish to meet anywhere. And unlike your average Countrywide moron that couldn't even point out Texas, let alone Dallas on a map, you can have a real intelligent, informed football conversation with them. 

We love to hate on our 'friends' down South, but the old adage about not being able to beat Southern hospitality certainly rings true in the big State regardless of your allegiance. 

Nothing to fear man. You guys will have an absolute blast.

Hail.  

I'm going to the Dallas game myself and was wondering some of the same details.  Will be my first away game ever so was thinking this would be a great one to kick it off with. 

Nice to hear Dallas fans are tolerable. 

I'm going down on Saturday with a couple friends.  Does anyone know of good spots to go out the night before and watch a couple of the college games?

I also live here in Dallas.  Cowboys fans are the most docile in the league.  I went to MNF in 2k11 and Boys fans were really cool and laid back.

As far as what to do around there I'm not real familiar with what's around the stadium out there, save for some restaurants.  Addison is pretty cool but it is a bit of a drive over from Arlington.  You can check out Deep Ellum too, which has a bunch of bars and some live music clubs if you want as well.

I have been to every Skins / cowboys game there in dallas since 2007... The stadium is a sight to see but I think it is way too much... And just like everyone has said on this thread... YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY REDSKINS FANS ARE THERE!!! And hearing the chants of RG3 will get you pumped!!! There is alot of Baylor RG3 fans that will be in attendence as well as they were on Thanksgiving...

I always sit in the 100 level, the first year I sat in the nosebleeds and those damn screens take your attention off the actual game...

But I will be there in October with my London jersey on in Section 146 the corner sideline near the Redskins side!!!  I can still see Robinson doing his dance in front of me when RG3 threw that bomb to him in the 2nd Quarter!!!

I am traveling with 7 people I was able to get them in the same section on StubHub, 3 seats together and 4 seats together four rows above the 3...

HTTR!!!!!

... The stadium is a sight to see but I think it is way too much... 

I dropped down on a drive from OKC to Arlington back in '09 and huge doesn't begin to describe Jerruh World. You're driving along and nothing then out of nowhere this behemoth appears. Like someone has just landed some gigantic spaceship or some ****. I only walked around the outside and went in the store which was ridiculously massive in itself. (I wasn't paying Jerruh my hard earned bucks for a tour.  :lol: .). 

But even from the outside, and this is from someone that's been to many major soccer stadiums all over Europe, that place utterly blew me away. I can only imagine what it's like inside. (If too big and vast to make it a real home field as has been noted.).

Hail. 

I have been to every Skins / cowboys game there in dallas since 2007... The stadium is a sight to see but I think it is way too much... And just like everyone has said on this thread... YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY REDSKINS FANS ARE THERE!!! And hearing the chants of RG3 will get you pumped!!! There is alot of Baylor RG3 fans that will be in attendence as well as they were on Thanksgiving...

I always sit in the 100 level, the first year I sat in the nosebleeds and those damn screens take your attention off the actual game...

But I will be there in October with my London jersey on in Section 146 the corner sideline near the Redskins side!!!  I can still see Robinson doing his dance in front of me when RG3 threw that bomb to him in the 2nd Quarter!!!

I am traveling with 7 people I was able to get them in the same section on StubHub, 3 seats together and 4 seats together four rows above the 3...

HTTR!!!!!

Do you mind me asking what fair value is per seat in the 100s?

Last year, we sort of loosely organized a tailgate through ES for the Thanksgiving game. It really took off. I'd say we had 25-30 people show up. It was great meeting so many fellow fans and it really added to the experience of the day. I started that on the fly only a few weeks prior to the game.

This year, I figured we'd get the ball rolling early. I see a number of people already asking. Here is some general info and then some more specific stuff.

--Jerryworld is awesome. Great place to watch a game. Even better if you are a visiting fan because it is so huge and awe-inspiring that there really isn't a homefield advantage.

--I've never had any trouble finding reasonable tickets. I like being in the upper level in between the 10's on one of the lower rows....I enjoy the view from those spots...if you are in a high row though, you are gonna be REALLY up there. I already bought my tickets for the game via stubhub. I paid over face value, but got 3rd row and I was happy with it.

--Not a ton happening in the area directly surrounding the stadium. The neighborhood is nothing to write home about and there isn't a ton in the way of bars or restaurants in walking distance. Your parking options are unlimited (more on that later).

--Traffic can be nasty like at all stadiums after the game, but if what we did the past two years is available again we can bypass it.

We have found a real gem.

It is a car lot called MidSouth Parking. The only charge about $30 per pass. For that $30 you get a guaranteed spot in a private, fenced, secure lot. The have at least one big screen TV set up and they have an indoor bathroom. Plenty of room to set up your tailgate and hang out. The lot is small comparatively speaking so everything is close. They run a shuttle to and from the game. It runs frequently and they have a great route mapped out that gets you there in minutes. After the game, the shuttle picks you up exactly where it dropped you off and because of where they are located, you bypass a ton of the other traffic. The last two years I have stayed for the entire game, caught the shuttle, made it to my car, and wound up waiting for probably less than 15 minutes before getting clear sailing on the roads.

It is a great spot because of all those things mentioned and because it is very convenient for this type of gathering when you have people coming from all over. All you have to do is buy a pass and get to the lot....it is easier to find the group from there.

But, we might have an issue this year...looking at their website (http://midsouthparking.com/) I don't see events listed yet for this year. I also don't see their usual ebay listings and it looks like their Facebook page is gone. Their site is still up and running and it doesn't say anything about not doing it anymore, but I think some red flags have been raised. I emailed the addressed listed and I am waiting to hear back. If they aren't doing it this year it will be a HUGE drag and as of right now I don't have an alterative plan in mind.

I do know that regular parking passes run close to $100. There are cash lots, but organizing dozens of people from all over the place to meet up in a specific area of a cash lot is going to be really tough.

For now, feel free to use this thread as a general discussion. Hopefully they get back to me with good news and we can post where to buy passes, start getting a head count, etc.. If the news isn't good, we will move on to plan B.

I've been waiting my entire life for this weekend.....As a Skins fan and OU alum, I've longed for Redskins at Cowboys to fall on OU/Texas weekend. It has finally happened. We will be at both games. Outstanding.

For those of you in town Saturday, I highly suggest heading to the State Fairgrounds/Cotton Bowl. If you can score game tickets that would be awesome, but if you can't just soaking up the atmosphere is worth it.

I will use this thread to keep everyone posted on tailgate plans for Sunday.

I am coming to the game with 3 friends.  Never been there before, but definitely excited.  This lot you mentioned, is it away from the stadium?  I'm really looking forward to flying the colors and interacting with everybody pregame.  Also hoping for a pep rally beforehand, as I've been to several over the last couple years and it was incredible.  Hail.

Expensive as ****, but the fans are top-notch.  I was really surprised.

I went to MNF in 2011 and aside from "Redskins suck" chants after we lost, everyone was really cool.  Same with Thanksgiving minus the chants.

It's like Dallas fans in DC except the exact opposite.

The lot is a little bit away from the stadium... Probably a 3-5 minute shuttle ride. This winds up working in your favor though because after the game the shuttle bypasses a lot of the traffic. Assuming they are doing it again (and that seems far from certain right now) it is definitely the place for us to gather.

I've been waiting my entire life for this weekend.....As a Skins fan and OU alum, I've longed for Redskins at Cowboys to fall on OU/Texas weekend. It has finally happened. We will be at both games. Outstanding.

For those of you in town Saturday, I highly suggest heading to the State Fairgrounds/Cotton Bowl. If you can score game tickets that would be awesome, but if you can't just soaking up the atmosphere is worth it.

The worst form of human nature is envy.

I read the above, coupled with the 'main' game, and damn you Big Ed, I'm envious! Like REAL envious!  :angry:

Hail. 

As a self described foodie, I thought I would give you guys some suggestions about local eateries you might want to check out if you have the time. These are all local restaurants, not chains.

BBQ - The Staple Food of Texas

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pecan-lodge-dallas - Best BBQ in town in this reporter’s opinion. But in these parts, such an opinion might get you punched in the face. But it is in a sketchy part of town.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hard-eight-bbq-coppell - Meats cooked in the open and served family style (by the pound). Great ribs. You will leave smelling like a forest fire because you walk right by the smokers.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/3-stacks-smoke-and-tap-house-frisco-3 - Really good BBQ but what I like best is their great beer selection which includes many local craft beers. Downside is that it is a good bit away from Arlington.

Mexican - The National Food of Texas - There are too many good places to mention, but here are just a few:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mias-tex-mex-restaurant-dallas : I highly recommend the Brisket tacos, but all their food is excellent. This place is famous for being the location where Jerry and Jimmy met to plan the ouster of Tom Landry when Jerry was buying the team. Beware, the place is covered with pictures of Cowboy players which may ruin your meal. :)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/joe-t-garcias-fort-worth - The food is good, but the main attraction is the atmosphere and drinks. This place is a Fort Worth institution. Food served family style. But bring cash because the don’t take credit cards.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fuel-city-tacos-dallas - Nowhere near Arlington, so this place is probably not ideal. But I had to include it because they serve the best tacos in town - out of a gas station - in a rough part of Dallas. If you go here, don’t eat in your car because the grilled onion smell will take days to dissipate.

Honorable Mention:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chuys-dallas - An Elvis Presley themed place with multiple locations. Great drinks.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fuzzys-taco-shop-fort-worth - Multiple locations. Good, cheap tacos.

Hamburgers:

https://plus.google.com/101897680252199937329/about?gl=us&hl=en - Best in town IMHO.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/angry-dog-dallas - 1b on the list of best burgers in town. It’s a dive bar but the food is freaking awesome.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/twisted-root-burger-co-dallas-2 - Good burgers but a bit overrated IMO. It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-grape-restaurant-dallas - Great burgers, but they serve much more than just burgers. Located in a very trendy part of town where you can see some real "eye candy."

Steaks:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/iii-forks-dallas - My personal favorite, but I think most food snobs pick Bob’s listed below. They season their Ribeye just the way I like it. Very pricey though.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/del-friscos-double-eagle-steak-house-dallas - My second favorite. Again, very pricey.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bobs-steak-and-chop-house-dallas - Most steak lovers probably say this is the best steak in town, but I disagree. Don’t get me wrong, it is very good. I just prefer the two listed above.

Pizza

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cane-rosso-dallas - Simply superb thin crust pizza. The pizza is cooked in 65-90 seconds in a 900 degree wood burning oven. It is in Deep Ellum which is a great place to explore - some good live music venues. This place has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

Like I mentioned in the other thread... Saturday is OU/TX at the state fair. If you are in town do yourself a favor and get there.

As mentioned in my restaurant review post, if you are going to be near Fair Park, do yourself a favor and try this place. Simply amazing BBQ.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pecan-lodge-dallas - Best BBQ in town in this reporter’s opinion. But in these parts, such an opinion might get you punched in the face. But it is in a sketchy part of town (Fair Park).

OK, bad news... I called Midsouth and they have sold that portion of their company and the people that bought it are doing something else with it. So, the dream lot is now gone :( It is a shame because it really was the absolute perfect set up. Now, it is back to the drawing board. I will start looking and asking around.

Archived