Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First step toward a fan cave - favorite picture/poster?

mezcal14

Hey all,

So I've finally moved into my own space, and couldn't help but notice I had a ton of barren white wall space.  I figured, what better way to decorate than with some framed Redskins-themed posters?  I apologize if this has been discussed in the past, but the search function was unavailable.

I'm looking for a landscape photograph to blow up, frame, and put up on my wall as a first step towards what will ultimately a Redskins-themed living room.  I've been scouring the internet for professional prints, and have come up with a few choices:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Washington-Redskins-Sept-9-2012-Robert-Griffin-III-Posters_i9231883_.htm

Of these, I like #3 the most.  However, I have been searching far and wide for a high resolution picture of RG3 "Griffining" from behind, but I've come up completely empty in that regard.  If anyone has a source for a high res pic that I can make into a poster, I'd be very grateful.  In the mean time, I've requested a reprint of WaPo's sports page front page from the day after the Saints game, which will hopefully have a huge headline and solid picture as a commemorative piece.

My question is this: do you have a favorite Redskins poster (or photo that can be made into one!) in your home?  If so, what is it?  I'd love to see some other people's pics for inspiration.  I am a Redskins fan first and foremost, so I don't need an RG3 themed pic by any stretch of the imagination, but the Griffining pic is pretty classic already.

Mods: I know there was a fan cave/similar thread like this on the old board, but search is down.  If this is in an inappropriate forum I apologize and can adjust accordingly.

Hail.

My sister got me a fathead of this for my birthday.  I actually got my basement finished early in the winter and it was done on St Pattys Day weekend (just in time for the Caps vs Sabres game... if you know me at all you know my brother in law is from Buffalo so we have a huge hockey rivalry there... but I digress). 

So my birthday is actually March 29, but she gave it to me 2 weeks early so that I could have something on my walls (which are now full of Redskins stuff) but this was the first thing up.  It is 6 feet long and 4 feet high, and it's beautiful.

r04_1347225120.jpg

You wanna know a cool trick that I used for my fan cave?  You can print out what's known as a "contractor print" at Staples for less than 5 bucks.  They are huge pictures, but they are black and white.  They are awesome quality.  My wife saw it on Pnterest of all places.  So what I did for my man cave was print out some huge black and whites and frame them.  I'm talking like poster sized.  The pics I have printed out so far have been pics of my son and I, and my son in Redskins gear.

But in the future, I'm going to get a huge Sean Taylor pic blown up in black and white, and possibly a Charles Mann (my favorite Redskins when I was growing up).

So definitely check out contractor prints at Staples.  So cheap.  You can just put the pics you want on a CDR or a flash drive, take it to their printing dept and they are ready in a few minutes.  Maybe tonight, I'll take a picture and show you what I'm talking about.

I was just about to post this, but I'm glad someone else shares my taste.  That's my favorite Redskins picture of all time.

A higher def shot: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0701/gallery.nfl.superbowlmvp/content.1.html

I'm working on my fan cave, too. My house is teeny tiny with no basement, so my guest room is now my Redskins room. I went to the local card store (The Card Cellar in Fredericksburg) and found some great pictures for only about $15. I don't have the space for a Fathead, so I have to think small for now.

Yeah, I have been unable to find that photo scaled up to a larger size.  It's really bumming me out!

If you have any luck in that endeavor, do share.

Great ideas and suggestions guys, thank you!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/a-scoring-pass-an-unintentional-pose-griffining-is-born/2012/09/16/664cc92a-0020-11e2-b257-e1c2b3548a4a_blog.html

Here's a story on the griffining photo from The Sports Bog... It also names the Monday paper which had the photo as front cover. Perhaps you can use that to get a poster sized print of the image from wapo

I would personally go with the panorama shot at first. They sell it at the Redskins Team Store. The framed version is a little pricey so I just got the $30.00 print thinking I could have it framed myself for cheaper.

When I go the print, I realized it was from a game against the Cowgirls. After careful review, it turned out to be the Monday or Sunday night game from a few years ago. It was the first year we got the hi-def score boards. And the same game Romo sits to pee tried to throw a screen pass with a few seconds left in the first half. D Hall stripped the ball and then picked it up and high stepped into the endzone. That play is captured in this photo. I was tripping because I took my son to that game. When I pointed it out to him, he ran into his room and got the ticket he saved from that. So, I broke down and custom framed the photo and the ticket. Told my son I'd will it to him :D

post-186468-0-13699100-1372210904_thumb.jpg

IMO, every mancave should have an aerial shot of R F K  Stadium.

also, an image of the upside down Cowboys helmet with flames coming out of it and the burning Cowboys banner like in the videos.

You would have the absolute coolest mancave ever if you actually had RGIII in it, but I think there's some law against

kidnapping and stuff; they might think you live in Ohio or something...

Archived