Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

76ers looks like a team that needs to decide whether to improve their bench or get a third star...they got 69 points combined from Embiid and Harden right now and barely in overtime struggling to avoid going down 3-1...with 11 total points from their bench...

Celtics are better team, but would like to see Philly pull this out so the series doesn't just end already...

embiid gives his team too many bad possessions.  The end of regulation in this game was a great example of this.  He’s a supremely talented player but when he goes hero ball he’s too likely to dribble himself into a bad shot.  He needs to pass out of some of these, but he might not have the court vision for it.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Destino said:

embiid gives his team too many bad possessions.  The end of regulation in this game was a great example of this.  He’s a supremely talented player but when he goes hero ball he’s too likely to dribble himself into a bad shot

Is Harden playing the traditional PG role in Philly, because he's listed as a SG, and PG that has Embiid's respect might be able to help limit that...

76ers should empty the clip and trade for Lillard...I'm just not buying they have enough bullets to do it...

Double-down on Boston HC, how in the world do you let your players think its okay to leave Harden alone on the 3 point line like that?  The way he looked while he was waiting it was cartoonishly obvious he was about to get a kickout, and had like 39 points at that point in the game?

I bet too much with my heart and not with my head. 

Conventional wisdom thinks that the Sixers even up the series because they're not that bad

But my heart hates Philly despite this being a Josh Harris team and I don't want them ever to have nice things

Betting on Boston constantly can be dangerous...

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Double-down on Boston HC, how in the world do you let your players think it’s eyokay to leave Harden alone on the 3 point line like that?  The way he looked while he was waiting it was cartoonishly obvious he was about to get a kickout, and had like 39 points at that point in the game?

They had a small lineup in and Philly got Embiid switched on Tatum. He’s the mvp with a mismatch going for the tie. I get it but I don’t think it’s super egregious 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They had a small lineup in and Philly got Embiid switched on Tatum. He’s the mvp with a mismatch going for the tie. I get it but I don’t think it’s super egregious 

I hear ya, it just felt like it had "it's a trap" written all over it...so if plan was to stop Embiid from getting to the basket...then what? Profit?

admiral-ackbar-its-a-trap-gif-8480e820c668d3f7fad5cc9bf9e8b955.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hear ya, it just felt like it had "it's a trap" written all over it...so if plan was to stop Embiid from getting to the basket...then what? Profit?

admiral-ackbar-its-a-trap-gif-8480e820c668d3f7fad5cc9bf9e8b955.gif

you can force Embiid into a bad shot and he often likes taking them so that’s the plan I guess. 

but if you don’t help worst you get is a tie if he scores where leaving Harden open can give them the lead so yeah JB should have stayed.

I’ll add he still closed out impressively and challenged the shot

7 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Petition to make free throws worth 1/2 a point? The flopping down the stretch from both teams was ridiculous. Took away from an otherwise great game.

Impossible to root for Boston or Philly.

gove coaches a special flop challenge.  If successful they receive three foul shots and the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

gove coaches a special flop challenge.  If successful they receive three foul shots and the ball.

I'm all for trying anything. I'm in the "immediate ejection and heavy fine" party too. It has to be addressed by the league.

Embiid getting softly touched on the shoulder and him launching himself like he got blindsided blocked by a pulling guard just annoys the **** out of me.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

Are there players in the nba you dislike without reasons or even knowing why?  I mean as players, not people, I don’t know any of these dudes so it’s not personal.  I feel that way about Cameron Payne.  Something about his game bugs me but I couldn’t tell you what.  

36 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Owners flopping now?! Lol 

It's a little more tolerable when you're surrounded by giants

If I was the owner of the nuggets I’d have a still framed and signed by Jokic.  Hang it in my office.  

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

Are there players in the nba you dislike without reasons or even knowing why?  I mean as players, not people, I don’t know any of these dudes so it’s not personal.  I feel that way about Cameron Payne.  Something about his game bugs me but I couldn’t tell you what.  

Payne plays like an idiot.