Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Calm down Ozy, I don't hate the Wizards at all, in fact I'm rooting for you guys in the playoffs.  And I'm not crying about anything, but bringing up championships that happened before you were born or were old enough to actually watch the game live and remember it is silly.  

That would be the equivalent of me boasting about the NFL championships the Redskins won in 1937 and 1942 pre-merger.  Plus you are comparing a franchise with 53 years existence to a 10 year old expansion team.  

The Bobcats haven't won a playoff game.  Point to anywhere in this thread where I have indicated that the Bobcats were even a relevant team, you can't.  They are nothing more right now than a team that is starting to build through the draft and free agency starting with a solid foundation.  And a team, I would like to think is on the upswing of becoming a consistent playoff contender.  

You act as if the Wizards are the Celtics/Lakers of the 80s or the Bulls of the 90s.  When history shows they have not been that relevant themselves since 1988.  It's ok Ozy, they were a force to be reckoned with from 1969-1978, I'll give you that :)

It's all in fun man, quit taking things so serious :)

Haha dude all I did was answer your question, relax. I was simply pointing out that bringing up how many playoff appearances each team has had yet ignoring how many wins they had in those playoff appearances was dumb.

Atlanta vs Wizards is an easy road to the ECF for the Wizards. They could possibly beat the HEat too :o

Be still my heart

Atlanta would not be easy. Wall can't check Teague (or any fast scoring pg) and the only player that could maybe check Millsap is Booker. I like the wizards chances but they'll have a much harder time with Atlanta than they did with the bulls. Plus, Korver would score 30 in one game.

Atlanta would not be easy. Wall can't check Teague (or any fast scoring pg) and the only player that could maybe check Millsap is Booker. I like the wizards chances but they'll have a much harder time with Atlanta than they did with the bulls. Plus, Korver would score 30 in one game.

Atlanta has a record under .500 and Pacers were tanking anyway. When they face a rested Wizards team they gonna get it. 

Atlanta May have just thrown the game away. I don't see the pacers losing at home.

Yupp, it's over. Pacers win

****. The Pacers defense has a way of making the wizards offense disappear. The wizards played them three times this year and in the two losses scored 73 and 66. Go Atlanta! Not a given but I like our odds against the Hawks. The Pacers are a sleeping giant that can flat out shut the Wizards down.

Haha dude all I did was answer your question, relax. I was simply pointing out that bringing up how many playoff appearances each team has had yet ignoring how many wins they had in those playoff appearances was dumb.

One can look at it as an opportunity to advance and play for or win a championship.  Now, what the team makes out of that opportunity is on them.  Of course every fan of their respective teams wants to win and advance to the next round, etc.  But, I don't think we should discredit any team making the playoffs and putting them in a position to play for a championship.  

I'd love to have won at least one or two games and make it competitive, but at the end of the day, getting swept 4-0 or losing 4-2, or 4-1 has the same end result, elimination.  It sucks, but thats life.  Now if this continues and we make the playoffs only to lose 4-0 in the first round every time we advance, yeah, that will get old real flipping quick lol.

One can look at it as an opportunity to advance and play for or win a championship.  Now, what the team makes out of that opportunity is on them.  Of course every fan of their respective teams wants to win and advance to the next round, etc.  But, I don't think we should discredit any team making the playoffs and putting them in a position to play for a championship.  

I'd love to have won at least one or two games and make it competitive, but at the end of the day, getting swept 4-0 or losing 4-2, or 4-1 has the same end result, elimination.  It sucks, but thats life.  Now if this continues and we make the playoffs only to lose 4-0 in the first round every time we advance, yeah, that will get old real flipping quick lol.

So what were you trying to accomplish by asking what the wizards have done prior to this season? On a Washington team's message board none the less. Seems like it was a put down to me. That's why I asked what Charlotte has done.

Since we are being told the Bobcats are such a good team I'd be curious when their second round playoff match is. 

Ixcuincle, you know I've never had any issues with you man.  But I will extend the Pepsi Challenge to you and anyone on here for that matter.  Quote any post that I have made where I said the Bobcats are relevant or a contender, better than the Wizards, etc.  

Good luck to all, because it doesn't exist.  I said the Bobcats are a good team, building the right way and hopefully on the upswing of becoming a consistently good team and playoff contender.  And they were a good team this year, so were the Wizards, only one game separated them in the win/loss column.  That's it, nothing more, nothing less.  

If the Heat didn't bench LeBron and Bosh, most likely you guys lose, we end up with the same record and since they were 3-1 against the Wizards head to head this season, they get to play Toronto, a team we swept in the regular season and the Wizards get the Heat.  It didn't play out like that though.  So, good luck in round 2 of the playoffs against the Pacers/Hawks.

Yes I know, if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

****. The Pacers defense has a way of making the wizards offense disappear. The wizards played them three times this year and in the two losses scored 73 and 66. Go Atlanta! Not a given but I like our odds against the Hawks. The Pacers are a sleeping giant that can flat out shut the Wizards down.

I hope that's not the case. We have a lot more weapons than the hawks. But I just hope we see the same pacers that we saw these last 6 games. I hope....

So what were you trying to accomplish by asking what the wizards have done prior to this season? On a Washington team's message board none the less. Seems like it was a put down to me. That's why I asked what Charlotte has done.

I'll be perfectly honest, I read the posts bashing the Bobcats and their fan support and decided to join in the conversation.  Charlotte being irrelevant was pointed out so I felt the desire to point out that neither team has really been relevant when you take a look at it.  I have nothing but love for DC.  

Of course I'm a Redskins fan and that will never change.  I'm a Braves fan, so I want to finish better than the Nationals, but I don't hate the Nationals.  I do hate the Mets and Phillies and don't really care about the Marlins at all.  In hockey, I pulled for the Blackhawks until we got the Hurricanes, and while in the same conference as the Capitals, I don't hate them at all.  Basketball, I support Charlotte now, but definitely have nothing but love for the Wizards.  

Just having a little fun man.  

• Like 2

Why did anyone assume the Thunder would easily beat Memphis? The Pacers are struggling against a under .500 team with their star center out for the season. The Thunder are playing Memphis, when have they ever been easily beaten? They took the Thunder to 7 games after knocking out San Antonio out in 2010-11. They were knocked out in 7 games by the clippers in the 1st round of 2011-12, but avenged that loss the following season before making quick work of the a Thunder without Westbrook. Memphis is always a bear :) to deal with in the post season.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

I said two years ago that Deandre Jordan would become one of the best centers in the league.  Dude protects the rim like no one else, and has developed a nice offensive game.

Matt Barnes is so underrated.

Is it possible no home teams could win today?  Probably.