Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com - Redskins' Back To Football 5k!

SkinsNatsFan

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Sign-Up-For-Redskins-Back-To-Football-5k/b44f5e00-5479-4887-befa-aab3f583cf61

Redskins' Back To Football 5k!

The Washington Redskins and Competitor Group, Inc. (CGI) announced today the partnership and launch of the Redskins Back to Football 5K Race to kick off the 2013 NFL season.

The inaugural running event will take place at FedExField on Saturday, Sept. 7, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation.

Debuting the weekend prior to the Redskins season home opener against the Philadelphia Eagles on ESPN’sMonday Night Football on Sept. 9, the Redskins Back to Football 5K features a unique running experience at FedExField, a  post-race party with live entertainment and a Bud Light Beer Garden.

All participants will also receive an official “Redskins 5K” running shirt and kids can participate in the Redskins PLAY 60 Fun Run.

“The Back to Football 5K is an amazing opportunity for Redskins fans to come together in a positive and healthy way, all while benefiting the Charitable Foundation and the incredible youth serving organizations we partner with to give back to children in our community,” said Redskins Executive Director for the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation, Jane Rodgers. “We are proud to host this dynamic running experience that celebrates that start of the season and illustrates the team’s commitment to the health and wellness of our fans.”

The Redskins Back to Football Run benefits the Redskins Charitable Foundation, whose mission is to make a positive impact on youth development in the greater Washington D.C. area, focusing on health and wellness, education and community outreach.

Just registered.  Very cool, thank you for posting.

Anyone wanna run in a group?  I'm thinking betweent 22 and 26 depending on whether or not I bring my son to push in the jogging stroller...

• 2 weeks later...

Very lame that there is no part of the course inside the stadium. For the cost it should offer a lot more than a loop of the parking lot.

Other teams have the race finishing inside the stadium on the 50 yard line, or post race party there.

• 3 weeks later...

http://nflrunseries.com/redskins/register/

REGISTRATION INFORMATION Redskins Back to Football Run

• $35 (available 8/1/13 – 8/3/13 ONLY)**
  • $35 (5/22/13 – 6/27/13)
  • $45 (6/28/13 – 8/20/13)
  • $55 (8/21/13 – 9/4/13)
  • $60 (Race Weekend – if available)

**Special registration offer: No other coupons or discounts can be applied to the special registration offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone get their bibs yet?

I was told I'd get a notification as to where I could pick my bib up and I haven't seen anything yet.

Just wondering.

Looks like we can pick up our packets either the Friday before the race or Saturday morning before the race.

http://nflrunseries.com/redskins/event-details/

PACKET PICK-UP INFORMATION  

Friday, September 6

@ Kaiser Permanente Largo Medical Center

2:00pm – 7:00pm

Kaiser Permanente

1221 Mercantile Ln.

Upper Marlboro, MD 20774

Saturday, September 7

@ Start Line

Begins at 5:30am, closes 15 minutes prior to Start

FedExField

1600 Fedex Way

Landover, MD 20785

Note:

• You may also pick your packet up at the start line beginning at 5:30am the morning of the race
  • T-shirt sizes are first-come, first-served. In order to have a better chance of receiving your correct size we recommend picking up your packet on Friday

• 2 weeks later...

Archived