Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7; Film Sessions: Santana Moss 2012 All Regular Season Targets and Catches

KCClybun

Watching Santana Moss play in 2012, I had two recurring thoughts, over and over again.

1.) I wish they’d get Santana Moss the ball more, since he seems hungrier and more energetic then he’s been in years.

AND

2.) Can you imagine how great Santana Moss could’ve been if Robert Griffin III had been his quarterback for his entire career.

http://httr24-7.com/film-room/film-sessions-santana-moss-2012-all-regular-season-targets-and-catches/'>Click here to read more.

God, that Pittsburg sequence was painful to watch. He really struggled that game. But heck, even in that game, he showed that he still has the ability to get open, and the whole clip shows that while he might not have the shiftiness and breakaway speed he once did, he's still dangerous with the ball in his hands.

God, that Pittsburg sequence was painful to watch. He really struggled that game. But heck, even in that game, he showed that he still has the ability to get open, and the whole clip shows that while he might not have the shiftiness and breakaway speed he once did, he's still dangerous with the ball in his hands.

Taken all together, that Pittsburgh game was frustrating because we made it harder for ourselves.

I can't help but notice that Santana got open on Ike Taylor and then got interfered with and there was no flag...

Can't believe that he's been here this long, and been this productive. I was so happy for him last year particularly, busting his ass in the offseason, and even in a very limited capacity, still making a ton of big plays for us, and leading the team in TD grabs. It's a shame that in the last years of his career, he finally has a guy that can get him the ball consistently. He was magical his first couple years here. One of the fastest and quickest receivers I've ever seen.

I still remember one of those screen passes he caught against the Chiefs in '05, and he just looked like the Road Runner, running awa from everybody. He's lost a lot of speed when you look at those old clips, but like someone else said, he still has the quickness, shiftness, and overall veteran savvy, to get open, catch the ball, and make something happen with it, like he did last year.

I agree with all KC.  I can't begin to tell you guys how much I appreciate all of the work you've put in this offseason.  You've made it quick and you've really set the bar for what a top shelf poster is on this website.

The thing I love about Tana these days is that he's still an extremely valuable player, but he's just as valuable a leader on this team... which is saying something, especially after you watch the video and read your link.  Thanks again and keep up the good work, brother.

HAIL!

Guest Spearfeather

Tana ..... What a year !

The catch against Dallas with his back to Griffin, then turning, making the catch, and getting both feet down while falling backwards, was a masterpiece. The Bomb against Philly, when he goes up and splits the DB's, was great, not to mention the toe tap catch in the second Philly game.

Santana did exactly what he was asked to do and did it well. I don't see any reason why he can't repeat that success again this year, and I hope we can find a way to keep him around as long as he feels he can play.

santana-moss-girls.jpg

These threads are amazing.  Thanks NLC for all you've been doing.  I find myself here much more than I woulda thought I'd be in the offseason. :)

Tana still has some goodies left in the tank.  I literally walked around the entire day after we re-signed him, doing his first down point and spinning my make believe football.  My girlfriend thought I was losing my mind.  I kept saying "I'm Santana Moss, ****!" in my best Chappelle voice.  Can't believe she's still with me.  Haha.

NLC1054

Much respect for doing these.

Quick thoughts:

love watching Griffin deal from spread formations

@ 2:52 (read option w/shovel) one of my favorite play concepts of last season

I think that we'll see a lot of wrinkles with that type of play with Jordan Read and Eric Kettani (if Kettani makes it).  I'm not sure how much of that he did at Florida in the Weiss offense, but Tebow used to run that with Aaron Hernandez three to four times a game.

There are two things I think about Moss and I think he is great, but there are two thing he does that he has done throughout his career and last year was no different ...

• he over thinks things, maybe he is a perfectionist but a couple of bad drops and he takes himself mentally out of the game, and starts half assing things and not completing routes... not making easy catches ..just generally giving up ...and it disrupts the passing game, much worse than any db and his bad attitude is infectious (Stealers game, couple of years ago - Green Bay off the top of my head)
  •  
  • Secondly ball security... for every amazing game winning play there seems to be a crutial game changing 3rd and 6 or last minute drive which Moss makes the play and then  fumbles the ball away - fighting for inches ... it is so ingrained on my mind every time we go to Moss in the 3rd and 4th quarters i just hope he heads out of bounds or falls over, because defenders seem to target him, get him stood up or fighting at the sideline and out pops the ball,

Love him to death but  he reminds me a lot of stephen Davis in the regard that .. there are so many close games that you could point to a mistake made by Moss that was the game changing play --- remember in 2011 where Moss essentially almost  lateraled the ball to Eldlemen the play after he gave up a huge offensive pass interference play that would have been the winning score ..?

i am sure this is more my poor perception and the I also remember the amazing catches like the thanks giving game over the shoulder catch ... but Moss has always frustated me ...

My thoughts:

o Even at Tana's age he still might be the best bubble screen/tunnel screen WR on the team

I hope the cut-ups NLC1054 has posted of Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson etc. help people realize just how much depth we have at the receiver position. There are plenty of teams that wish they had our depth.

NLC1054

Much respect for doing these.

Quick thoughts:

love watching Griffin deal from spread formations

@ 2:52 (read option w/shovel) one of my favorite play concepts of last season

I think that we'll see a lot of wrinkles with that type of play with Jordan Read and Eric Kettani (if Kettani makes it).  I'm not sure how much of that he did at Florida in the Weiss offense, but Tebow used to run that with Aaron Hernandez three to four times a game.

Meaning more read option shovel passes? I think that was a novelty/specialty play so I don't see it being expanded much.

But adding Jordan Reed to a TE group that includes Davis, Paulsen and Niles Paul gives the offense quite the offense quite a bit of flexibility with formations because of the depth and versatility of the TE postion.

Archived