Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy sunday people (weekly bible verses)

MEANDWARF

They plan to make my people forget my name by their dreams that they tell one another, just as their ancestors forgot my name for Baal.

Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let the one who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? says the LORD.

Is not my word like fire, says the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

Jeremiah 23:27-29

Ephesians 6:4

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

personal story

my boy was kicking the pews and dropping songbooks in service long ago, I snatched him up after he wouldn't stop after the usual threats.

In the rush to the exit(for his discipline) he was screaming

"Help Me, Help Me!"

when we reached the door he hollered

"If ya are not going to help me at least pray for me."

had them dying laughing

Prov. 13:18 Poverty and shame will come to him who neglects discipline, but he who regards reproof will be honored.

Not a bible verse per se, but it seemed an appropriate place to put this. 

I recently moved into a new apartment after a full renovation which I'm still completing, and last week my mom gave me this simple prayer she'd seen/ purchased on her travels and thought it fit. Made me smile and one I liked a lot.

A Prayer For Those Who Live Alone

I live alone, Dear Lord.

Stay by my side.

In all my daily needs,

Be Thou my guide.

Grant me good health,

For that, indeed, I pray,

To carry on my work

From day to day.

Keep pure my mind,

My thoughts, my every deed,

Let me be kind, unselfish,

In my neighbor's need.

Spare me from fire, from flood,

Malicious tongues,

From thieves, from fear, 

And Evil ones.

If sickness or an accident befall,

Then humbly, Lord, I pray,

Hear Thou my call.

And when I'm feeling low

Or in despair,

Lift up my heart

And help me in my prayer.

I live alone, Dear Lord,

Yet have no fear,

Because I feel Your presence

Ever near.

Amen

Hail. 

Happy Sunday Gang! I come before you with a heavy heart after spending the week with my dying mother. Hate to leave but I had to get my two boys back to their studies. She is not alone though, my 2 brothers and sister are with her.

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

My pastor spoke on this today, just what I needed today.

1 Peter 2:1-6

Rid yourselves, therefore, of all malice, and all guile, insincerity, envy, and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure, spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Come to him, a living stone, though rejected by mortals yet chosen and precious in God’s sight, and like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

For it stands in scripture:

“See, I am laying in Zion a stone,

a cornerstone chosen and precious;

and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance

thoughts and prayers for you and yours meandwarf,losing my mother was rough

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Bible verse, nor is this Sunday(sorry I missed it with you all) but I wanted to share with you in dedication to my Mother for which my family said our goodbyes to yesterday and to the Love Ones of those whom were lost in the attacks on 9/11/2001.

Father Mychal's Prayer
Lord,
Take me where You want me to be;
Let me meet who You want me to meet;
Tell me what You want me to say,
And keep me out of the way.
Amen.

Father Mychal Judge, Chaplain of the NY Fire Department, died September 11, 2001 at the World Trade Center while helping others.

Archived