Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Redskins, Giants Interested in Tim Hightower

Dan T.

Well if our doctors deem him healthy he does still have some question marks of his own as you've stated but they would simply be "how does his knee respond?" When I say "healthy" I don't mean in the sense that his knee seems like it might hold up. I mean that if our doctors look at it and he appears to be 100% ready to go. If he's still damaged goods (which he probably is) then there really isn't any reason to toss him back into the mix.

Obviously he would need some reps but my point is that as a veteran our team is already familiar with reps aren't required to find out if he can fit our system, if he can learn it, learning pass protections, etc. You only need enough to see if he can physically still do the things he could two years ago.

Rookies/second year guys are going to require more reps because there is more to learn and thus more to evaluate. I should have been more clear about that.

True, I get what you're saying. I guess his injuries having stretched out over so many seasons. He just seems ro have been around longer and older.

Archived