Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Landry benched after missing team bus

s0crates

I know a lot of you like to keep up with the Laron Landry news, so here it is:

Laron Landry benched in finale after missing team bus.

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 9, 2013, 3:23 PM EST

Given his pending free agency, and their tight salary cap situation, it didn’t look good for a long-term deal between the Jets and safety LaRon Landry anyway.

His Week 17 tardiness probably won’t be the deciding factor, but it can’t help.

According to Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, Landry was benched for the season finale at Buffalo after he missed the team bus to the airport the day before the game. He managed to make the plane, but Eric Smith started in his spot and Landry played fewer snaps (35 of 68) than in any game this season. He had only missed 25 snaps in the first 15 games.

If Landry’s looking for a multi-year deal, he should probably look elsewhere. And he should probably set an extra alarm.

I really don't miss the guy.

Don't forget about the Raiders. They are always good to pick up the clowns.

Maybe if Al was still alive.

Bellichick always likes bringing in talented guys on the cheap, to see if they have anything left. I doubt he'll get much interest, and when that happens I'd expect the Pats to come calling, sign him, and cut him in training camp when he shows up, unable to move his upper body due to excess muscle.

When he came in, dude had the talent to be the best safety in the NFL. Just didn't have the instinct, heart, or football smarts to get it done.

The Pats will probably take a flyer on him, and then after that, he'll most likely be out of football.

He visited them but coach didn't even attend his visit, he was angry about it and expressed his displeasure with coaches like Shanahan and Belichek (sp?)

Don't see that happening, at least from a relationship POF

Archived