Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Left with Tough Decision Following Injury to RGIII

Redskins Ruckus

With the news of Robert Griffin III’s injured knee, and the turmoil surrounding Coach Mike Shanahan and his decision to leave RG3 in the game, the Washington Redskins are left with some tough decisions moving forward.

Worse Case Scenario

With a damaged ACL and LCL, and the possibility of reconstructive surgery to repair it, RG3 could be looking at upwards to 12-14 months of recover time. If this plays out, the Nation’s Capitol could be looking at a gut-retching 2013 season. General Manager Bruce Allen, along with HC Mike Shanahan, will have to start preparing for the season’s play-caller, Kirk Cousins.

Selected in the 4th Round (102nd overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft, this 6’ 3”, 214 lbs. quarterback out of Michigan State showed promise when filling in for RG3 while playing the Baltimore Ravens in Washington. RG3 had suffered his first injury of the season after colliding with a Raven’s defenseman, forcing Washington’s other rookie to take over the reigns, trailing by 8-points. Captain Kirk, lovingly referred to by fans, lead the Redskin’s offense up the field, scoring a crucial touch-down with less than four minutes remaining. To top it off, he converted 2-points by scampering into the end zone on a QB keeper—RG3 style...

More...

The question remains, if we had known that RG3 would get injured like this, would we have drafted him?

Sorry, but that's a clown question. You never know what can happen to any player who is drafted. Heck we had a player that was MURDERED but I would take those 3 years of having him over not on my squad.

just gotta be more creative with our scouting of quarterbacks... if the pistol option read remains our best weapon, we need to stop looking at conventional style quarterbacks. much like a nose tackle in 3/4, a pistol quarterback is a niche player that will be hard to find.

a team cannot afford to have to change their entire offensive style depending on their current quarterback. the whole idea is that the second string team practices the same plays in order to be as seamless and effective as possible.

Agreed. We're not in an ideal situation. I'm worried the front office might scramble and pick up a temporary band-aid, where developing Cousins might be the most feasible option.

And I have a feeling I know exactly what that band aid is and he's currently residing in Philadelphia.

The question remains, if we had known that RG3 would get injured like this, would we have drafted him?

The thing is, it's not like Griffin has been injured multiple times. Save for the concussion, this is the SAME injury that was just never allowed to heal properly. So to label him as "injury prone" is premature. He was allowed to push himself too far. It was a mistake.

The thing is, it's not like Griffin has been injured multiple times. Save for the concussion, this is the SAME injury that was just never allowed to heal properly. So to label him as "injury prone" is premature. He was allowed to push himself too far. It was a mistake.

I agree, it was a horrible mistake that Mike Shanahan made. What blows my mind is that I can't figure out why, exactly, we abandoned the run. I was at the game, and I have reviewed it on Game Rewind.

I agree, it was a horrible mistake that Mike Shanahan made. What blows my mind is that I can't figure out why, exactly, we abandoned the run. I was at the game, and I have reviewed it on Game Rewind.

We should have run more, but the Seahawks decided that they were going to totally commit to stopping it because they knew RG3 was useless at that point. They were stacking the line. I think Kyle probably felt like he had to prove RG3 could still move the ball through the air before being able to go back to the running game again. Sadly, RG wasn't able to do that and was just allowed to flounder for another half practically before that final, awful injury.

If you don't care enough to learn how to properly format the thread title, then we don't care if you stay on here as a member

Free pass this time and you will not be on NNT... But next time it will be a very lengthy ban.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

Oh goody, just checked your user notes. Seems like we've been down this road before with you. See you after some time

Archived