Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is "too much" being made of RGIII's injury going into Sunday?

NoCalMike

Didn't the washington times report that team doctors told Shanny that RG3 is 100% and is no longer at risk of further damaging his knee? I think it was on January 1st?

Sounds like the brace is off Sunday guys.

Mike said he's gonna wear the brace in the game, but you bring up something I have been thinking about though.

The doctors said his knee was 100% and there was no risk for further injury. Then Shanny said during a PC that the brace is being used more for psychological purposes, but a few minutes later he said he needs the brace so he doesn't further injure the knee. Not to mention, this is week 4 of his injury, and Griffin has made comments about how the brace is causing him more discomfort than his knee.

Why the conflicting reports, and if his knee is 100% and there's no risk for further injury, why make him wear the brace if Griffin says it's uncomfortable and, at this point, is probably ready to burn the damn thing?

Yeah, I think there might be some concern not that he'll reinjure it just from running around or stepping into throws but in case he gets HIT on the knee, it might reinjure it. He's looked a bit slow to get up a couple times, though not always from a leg perspective. When he got caught from behind on that sack, it looked like he was hurt.

I just hope that if he can at least transition to a less limiting brace, if nothing else. Hell, Brunell was pretty good in Jax and had a brace on even during some good years.

He's looked a bit slow to get up a couple times, though not always from a leg perspective. When he got caught from behind on that sack, it looked like he was hurt.

I noticed that, but it also seems he always gets up slow after getting tackled. He did seem to go a little longer than normal though and that one and it has me worried.

Mike said he's gonna wear the brace in the game, but you bring up something I have been thinking about though.

The doctors said his knee was 100% and there was no risk for further injury. Then Shanny said during a PC that the brace is being used more for psychological purposes, but a few minutes later he said he needs the brace so he doesn't further injure the knee. Not to mention, this is week 4 of his injury, and Griffin has made comments about how the brace is causing him more discomfort than his knee.

Why the conflicting reports, and if his knee is 100% and there's no risk for further injury, why make him wear the brace if Griffin says it's uncomfortable and, at this point, is probably ready to burn the damn thing?

The whole washington times article conflicted with itself. So I am as well, very confused.

Hopefully there's no brace next week. And hopefully he lights it up.

He looked like he was at about 80% on Sunday, which is still more mobile than most QBs. His running was fine.

His passing, on the other hand was off. That's what worries me. He one-hopped a couple and looked less confident than usual. Now I don't know how much of that was his injury and how much of that was the weather, because the guy throwing the ball for the other team on Sunday looked off as well.

But yeah. It worries me a lot. He's hasn't looked right throwing the ball since Baltimore.

When trying to look at silver lining type stuff, I find it amusing that we have such an accurate qb that we are actually argueing wether he ment to throw a few short last week. Man I love RG3!

Archived