Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: First Cousins, Once RG3 is Removed

E-Dog Night

Which of these potential punishments is most fit?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these potential punishments is most fit?

• Players should receive a heavy fine (much greater than those for illegal hits)
    • Players should be suspended a small number of games
    • Players should be suspended a large number of games
    • Players should be suspended an entire season

I'd like to see Cousins come in for the start and fire bullets for 3 qtrs.

Then let Griffin come limping in for the 4th qtr, first play from scrimmage, he takes off for another 76 yard TD run.

The Eagles and Cowgirls forfeit because they know they are done!! No homerism here...BAHAHAHA

That was nicely written...and I agree w/it...why not let Cousins start and rest RGIII? While I know that we need all these games to get where we want to go...but at what expense? I think if RGIII feels he can SAFELY play..more than likely they will allow him to do so...I would hesitate to put him in..but I'm not an NFL coach..lol I think Cousins can put up a decent performance..get some confidence and value for down the road..why not let him try?

I don't think the Browns are push overs..they've got a very good young RB and have been able to score...so no I don't think it will be an easy game at all...

Sorry I don't agree with "resting him." He'll had to adapt to being a pocket passer at some point. And while he is to an extent, he is still also very mobile. You mentioned that him not being able to run and maneuver doesn't make him RG3 - that is completely wrong - what makes him RG3 is that he has the ability to be a pocket passer along with the other things. Everyone says that he has the accuracy of the greats, the ability to go through progressions and read defenses like the greats, etc.

Well, here's his opportunity to finally show that he can succeed without the read option and ability to run. This is his chance to scare defenses even more as they haven't seen him be a strictly pocket passer.

He has many great facets and just because he can't run doesn't mean he isn't the best option.

i agree 100% we need to win all these games out and hope NY loses one if not it may not matter. We need to take EVER game like it is a payoff game here on out. Because it kind of is. We lose NY wins out we don't caught them. Wild card is not an option.

Why 4th-round rookie QB Kirk Cousins should get his first NFL start against the Browns

<edit awesome rule 11 violation---one week ban--scratch that; 3 rd time same issue with different mods so 3 weeks ban next time permanent>-

[/color]We have best QB tandrum since Montana and Young. Let's enjoy it[/Quote]

We didn't draft him to run. We drafted him to throw.

RG3 is a better thrower then Kirk Cousins.

RG3 should start on Sunday, if he can go.

I am thinking that RGIII should sit even if able to go, start Cousins and let RGIII sub if needed and able.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 09:45 AM ----------

We have best QB tandrum since Montana and Young. Let's enjoy it

Heads up Konga, go back and edit out all that text you quoted, It's in the TOS to not quote large blocks of text.

totally agree with everyting you said. RG3 is not going to be close to 100% sunday. if he's 60% i'd be surprised. (knee being the 60%). which means he's not going to be as mobile and will be forced to be a pocket passer the whole game. Our Oline isn't really that much better than last season. A mobile RG3 makes them look a lot better. the zone stretch run game makes them look better. If RG3 had to stand back there a pass from the pocket he'd get killed. ie: see Carolina game for example. he played from under center just about the whole game. Let Kirk Cousins play. He knows the playbook and they can pretty much still run the same offense or a hybird of it sunday. Cousins will be more mobile than RG3 this week. they can still run the pistol, do a few QB draws what ever. he's also pretty accurate passer. if he has 1st team reps a week, the receivers can get on same page with him. Especially Garcon. With Tana, Garcon and if they ever wanted to do something unexpected Cooley. yes i said Cooley. watched one play against ravens where they didn't even cover him. he was wide wide open and RG3 threw it to Garcon. on that play if he would have thrown it to Cooley he would have gashed em for a huge gain and i mean huge. (sorry i got of track a little) bottom line Kirk cousins gives is best chance sunday. HTTR

Not really sure on this one. I don't want to underestimate the browns but..... I think Cousins can win this one for us. I would prefer to keep Griff on the sidelinesthis week if possible. Our last two games are divisional rivals. They could always go either way. We gotta have him for those two games. Falcons and Steelers could blow the doors open for us this week.

I am thinking that RGIII should sit even if able to go, start Cousins and let RGIII sub if needed and able.

I'd go the other way. Start RG3 and have Cousins to sub with Rex active as the #3 just incase. However, RG3 needs to be over ~75% healthy first....

The last four games since the bye have just been epic. Way too much has gone into this run to then sit our QB. Way too much. You could sit RG3, he could come back against the Eagles and get injured. Injuries happen. Man, we had a guy blow his knee in a freak warm up collision.

I'd like RG3 to be 3/4 healthy as a minimum.

Then, I'm all in. Seize the day.

I for one would LOVE to see RG3 take the field Sunday, and show us all what true physical Resilience is.... but in doing so I hope he is ready to play at 100%. If not I would give the nod to Cousins to start. Don't get me wrong, I want to see RG3 play over Cousins, but I also think RG3 will do everything in his power to be on that field, even if he is suffering to do it. I remember the game when his headset went out, and he used a quote from the movie the replacements. " All the great ones want the ball in their hands when the games on the line" It's what kept him in the game hobbling around last week after taking that hit. My biggest concern is that our coach left him in to do it, and it could have made a bad situation much worse. I hope the coaches will not be blinded by thinking we can not win without RG3 against the Browns. Cousins can beat this team. I will be so dissapointed if we lose him for the last two divisional games because we thought Cousins couldn't handle the Browns, and RG3's knee gets worse. The Browns wins on KC, and Oak were gimme's, and the Steelers loss we know was due to BR being out. The Steelers turned the ball over 8 times that game and the Browns still only squeeked by 14-20.

These are my thoughts precisely. Everyone wants to risk the best thing that has happened to this franchise since we won our last SB. It amazes me that people would risk this for such a short term gain and monumental risk. I have strained my collateral ligaments and was in a cast for 4 weeks. Fortunately not surgery that time. However, there is no way that he is going to be close to 100 percent this weekend and should he get blown up and really hurt then you will hear all these short sighted posters screaming that Shanny was an idiot for ever putting him at risk knowing this could happen, and that they never would have posted what they did, had they really understood the risk involved. We gave a a mountain of future talent in draft choices that could have bolstered the team for RG and he was worth it, but not if you only have him at this ability for another couple of years. This is not a LB or RB that can easily be replaced (maybe not easily) but still replaced. How many RG's is the NFL gonna see over the next decade? I'd say not many, if ANY! So let's roll the dice so we can go to the playoffs with a defense that can barely stop any offense over all (yes they've made stops at critical times but the D basically sucks overall. All so we can take a shot this year to make the playoffs.

There is an old saying

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR... YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT...

'

I want RGIII to be our QB now and for the long term future. I am NOT willing to risk this young man getting hurt worse on short term goals. The Skins are already FAR and above better this year than most anyone expected. Everything we get from this point on is really just a bonus. I can live with KC starting against the Brownies and giving RGIII the rest he needs to be ready to take out both Philly and Dallas.

I think that this team will rally around KC/RGIII and do whats best for the long term. If KC starts, I really believe that the team will step up and 'pick up KC/RGIII' in a major way. We have seen some amazing things in these last few weeks from the Skins. I know that RGIII is the captain and heart of the team, so with him on the sidelines helping KC, I believe they will be successful.

Save RGIII now and the rewards will be bountiful moving forward.

Just my humble opinion.

Some people on this board along with regional and national blowhards have been complaining about Griff not being a pure pocket passer.

Well, this Sunday against the Browns is a good place to start.

That is a great point. And you know if he can't complete the game you put in Cousins. It is all good IMO!

I for one would LOVE to see RG3 take the field Sunday, and show us all what true physical Resilience is.... but in doing so I hope he is ready to play at 100%. If not I would give the nod to Cousins to start. Don't get me wrong, I want to see RG3 play over Cousins, but I also think RG3 will do everything in his power to be on that field, even if he is suffering to do it. I remember the game when his headset went out, and he used a quote from the movie the replacements. " All the great ones want the ball in their hands when the games on the line" It's what kept him in the game hobbling around last week after taking that hit. My biggest concern is that our coach left him in to do it, and it could have made a bad situation much worse. I hope the coaches will not be blinded by thinking we can not win without RG3 against the Browns. Cousins can beat this team. I will be so dissapointed if we lose him for the last two divisional games because we thought Cousins couldn't handle the Browns, and RG3's knee gets worse. The Browns wins on KC, and Oak were gimme's, and the Steelers loss we know was due to BR being out. The Steelers turned the ball over 8 times that game and the Browns still only squeeked by 14-20.
I knew we could do this with Cousins! Hope RG3 is ready to rock phillies world next week! Go Redskins.......and next week..go Saints!

?

Let's say we beat the Eagles, Dallas losses to Saints.

The following weak, Dallas beats us.

Giants lose one of their next two games.

How is the Dallas loss to the Saints not important?

dallas wins the division in that scenario. all three teams would be 9-7 at that point. Dallas would win the division because, head to head, we would be 1 win 1 loss, we would both be 4-2 within the division and unfortunately the next tie breaker is record against common opponents and even if they lose to the Saints, they'd be 8-4 against the AFC North and NFC South and we would be 7-5.

dallas wins the division in that scenario. all three teams would be 9-7 at that point. Dallas would win the division because, head to head, we would be 1 win 1 loss, we would both be 4-2 within the division and unfortunately the next tie breaker is record against common opponents and even if they lose to the Saints, they'd be 8-4 against the AFC North and NFC South and we would be 7-5.
I guess I am taking things one game at a time. I understand there are certain scenarios that would put us in a losing position, but losing to Dallas in the final game of the season would ruin us in any scenario at this point, so that is a key game no matter what happens. It is a must win, just like this week is. I just want as much space between us as possible...Well, that and I enjoy watching the cowboys lose.

Archived