Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you reading?

Thinking Skins

I am currently reading "Though Not Dead" by Dana Stabenow..it's pretty good...the author was born, raised and lives in Alaska...this particular series is set in Alaska...hopefully the lead character can stay alive long enough to find that dern icon that was stolen back before WW1...she's a step behind someone else who is looking for it...he's about a week ahead of her...frustrating but keeps me readin..lol

I re-read the Hobbit to brush up before i saw the movie. Very much for kids,but also significantly more "readable" compared to Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Rings felt like a chore, though i did enjoy parts of it.

Still not done with it yet, but agreed. I actually couldn't even get through Two Towers. Never went on to Return of the King.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my 2nd post-apocalyptic novel in a row (the first was the aforementioned The Dog Stars).

This one is radically different (and more chick lit - but better written).

It's called The Age of Miracles.

5146tCtUipL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX240_SY320_CR,0,0,240,320_SH20_OU01_.jpg

In The Age of Miracles, the world is ending not with a bang so much as a long, drawn-out whimper. And it turns out the whimper can be a lot harder to cope with. The Earth's rotation slows, gradually stretching out days and nights and subtly affecting the planet's gravity. The looming apocalypse parallels the adolescent struggles of 10-year-old Julia, as her comfortable suburban life succumbs to a sort of domestic deterioration. Julia confronts her parents' faltering marriage, illness, the death of a loved one, her first love, and her first heartbreak.

Archived