Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Chalk Talk Discussion: Greatest Redskin Linebackers of All Time

KDawg

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The biggest travesty of this poll is Arrington receiving 7 votes.

Yeah, he shouldn't even be up for consideration. Marcus Washington was better during his tenure here, and Orakpo has already surpassed his career, and Kerrigan will as well by the end of the year. Most overrated Skin of all time.

Yeah, he shouldn't even be up for consideration. Marcus Washington was better during his tenure here, and Orakpo has already surpassed his career, and Kerrigan will as well by the end of the year. Most overrated Skin of all time.

1) If you notice, all of the guys who made the Redskins 80th Anniversary team are up for consideration.

2) It's alarming how many people didn't read the actual OP and only chose one :ols:

I remember watching Hanburger play, and along with Riggins, was one of those players that I always wished the Eagles had instead of the Skins. Fletcher, IMO, is the best defensive player your team has had in the past 10 years. Coleman was another one of those players who always seemed to be a PITA against my team. As for Huff, he is an all-time great who Tom Landry supposedly built the 4-3 around. I'm giving a shout to a old school guy like Huff because, well, he was just damn good at what he did. I was going to put Marshall in there, but I always think Bears, not Skins, when I hear his name.

I didn't see the late Mel Kaufman on that list...another great one. Damn these teams had depth.

R.I.P Mel Kaufman

Anyway, I chose Coleman, Hanburger, Harvey, and Olkewicz. I would give anything to have guys like Coleman & Olkewicz on this team right now. Those guys were so intense and hungry each and every Sunday, great memories. What a great free agent signing with Ken Harvey......sorry he didn't play on better teams.

Neal-Olkewiz-Bloody.jpg

Neal-Olkewicz-Camo-Redskins-2.jpg

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2010/06/01/four-more-amazing-80s-redskins-photos-via-neal-olkewicz-facebook-album/

Pointing at Monte Coleman's starts is laughable. The guy was consistent and made plays when it mattered. Do you not remember '87 and '91? He was as big a part of our Super Bowl runs those years as anyone. Coleman is second to Hanburger and it shouldn't be a contest.

Wilbur deserves the third spot. His years in DC were pretty ridiculous, most notably his Lions game in the '91 playoffs. But the guy was a bit of a basket case, which is probably being nice. Unfortunately I think I clicked submit before putting in my vote for Wilbur :(

Fourth could be a lot of guys, but I chose Fletcher because he's meant more to this team over the past 5 years than any other Redskin, and I can't point to a singular similar figure in any time frame in the last 25 years. Maybe that's a problem with our recent teams, rather than a symbol of Fletcher's greatness...

Hanburger, Coleman, Fletcher and Huff. I wanted to find a way to put in Neal O. but satisfied with my picks. During the Super Bowl years we had real consistent linebackers year after year and they were one of the mainstay strengths of our teams. Arrington never lived up to his hype coming out of Penn State and had injuries.

Archived