Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNWashington.com: RG3 will practice on Wednesday

authentic

The people on this board who think he shouldn't play after being cleared by DOCTORS (you know those guys with all the medical training and years of schooling?) seriously crack me up.

As mentioned, the doctors aren't even on the team's payroll. They have nothing to gain or lose by saying whether he's fit or not. This isn't the NFL of the 70s.

The people on this board who think he shouldn't play after being cleared by DOCTORS (you know those guys with all the medical training and years of schooling?) seriously crack me up.

As mentioned, the doctors aren't even on the team's payroll. They have nothing to gain or lose by saying whether he's fit or not. This isn't the NFL of the 70s.

I think they believe Shanahan and Griffin are convincing these doctors to let RG III play lol...Like there is some foul play going on lol

Yeah, and this is why the NFL is getting sued. In 20 years when dude can't remember his name half the time, I guess it won't matter because he was medically cleared. IMO, he's way to important to put right back on the field after a concussion.

Do you have any reason to believe he has a higher risk of another concussion on Sunday than he does the following Sunday? If that's actually true, I agree with your reasoning. But if he's back to 100% according to independent doctors who don't have any incentive to rush him back, I'm not sure why you'd continue sitting him out.

Full disclosure...I don't expect this team to win more than 6-7 games this year and know we won't contend for anything in 2012. I have no problem with Cousins playing a few games if Griffin is banged up or injured. I'm NOT in favor of sitting our young guys if there's no true benefit to it.

I just hope that hit doesn't make him scared. That was a pretty scary hit and I am sorry if that was Brady or Manning that hit would have been illegal. I do feel RG3 should have ran out of bounds or thrown the ball away but still that hit wasn't needed to be made..........

I just hope that hit doesn't make him scared. That was a pretty scary hit and I am sorry if that was Brady or Manning that hit would have been illegal. I do feel RG3 should have ran out of bounds or thrown the ball away but still that hit wasn't needed to be made..........

Nah, he won't be scared. He's been hit like that before, took a play off, and came back to score a TD against Texas Tech.

@granthpaulsen

Robert Griffin on suffering from a concussion Sunday: "I can't do that to my team, to the fans, or to my family." #Redskins

Can I say again how much I love this kid?!

@Rich_Campbell

RG3 on today's practice: "I felt sharp. I felt good. No symptoms." #Redskins

@granthpaulsen

Robert Griffin said there was a play in practice when he ran out of bounds and slid. His teammates cheered him. #Redskins

@granthpaulsen

Robert Griffin said there was a play in practice when he ran out of bounds and slid. His teammates cheered him. #Redskins

i hope that means he ran outta bounds, play over, then slid as a joke. if hes near the sidelines he should never slide thats how he got hurt in the first place.

Are you serious, because an individual has Dr. in from of his/her name and hired by the NFL does not mean they are reputable; that is why most players get multiple opinions, they make mistakes day to day (guinea pig types). If I were Robert, I would take what they say with a grain of salt and make a decision based on my body especially with having suffered a concussion in less than a year ago.

i hope that means he ran outta bounds, play over, then slid as a joke. if hes near the sidelines he should never slide thats how he got hurt in the first place.

Although the experience may have rattled the quarterback a little, it certainly didn’t affect his sense of humor. Asked how he intends to ensure he doesn’t absorb a similar hit in the future, Griffin joked: “I ran out of bounds today in practice and imitated a slide, and got a huge cheer from the team.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/10/10/12/RG3-I-dont-have-anything-to-prove/landing.html?blockID=787063&feedID=6355

I may be in the minority but i would rather hold RG3 out this game to ensure that he is fully sound mentally and physically. This season was a prep year to begin with, a chance to let him get his feet wet. We have a poor defensive backfield, with limited pass rush. While RG3 has shown above and beyond his expectations lets let our QB get himself fully healthy.

I may be in the minority but i would rather hold RG3 out this game to ensure that he is fully sound mentally and physically. This season was a prep year to begin with, a chance to let him get his feet wet. We have a poor defensive backfield, with limited pass rush. While RG3 has shown above and beyond his expectations lets let our QB get himself fully healthy.

He is fully healthy otherwise he wouldn't be playing this week. Jeez

I don't know..I say we keep him out of this game...What if he takes a blind side sack and that makes him feel worse again.

Sit him out at least one week.

What the heck are you guys talking about. He's a football player! If he's cleared he needs to play. he could break his leg or get concussed or get killed on any play. That's football. If he's cleared there's no INCREASED risk. That's all anyone should care about. That there is a RISK of injury is just football. The only thing that should change that analysis is any INCREASED risk from the hit. Getting cleared by neurologists (team and independent) means there is no increased risk. He should play.

Archived