Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NS- Island with Healthiest People Over 99 offer Secrets to Longevity

Koolblue13

http://naturalsociety.com/healthiest-people-secrets-of-longevity/

It’s no secret that the Mediterranean diet can help us achieve longevity, but the overall lifestyles of the region’s populace shouldn’t escape our attention. Tucked away in the Aegean Sea is a small, rocky island called Ikaria, where residents on average reach the age of 90. Here are a few island secrets of longevity researchers have picked up after years of studying the dreamy getaway.

It's Friday and we all have the weekend to sit back, relax and reflect, so I figure this would be a fun thread.

Fish and red wine are the most important thing there IMO, not by way of conch fritters either. Delicious as they are. Seeing as there's a town called Radium Springs 15 miles north, I may have to look into that one.

Eating healthy local foods, laughing and dancing, the right amount of wine and not being stressed about the things you can't change is all important.

Fish and red wine are the most important thing there IMO, not by way of conch fritters either. Delicious as they are. Seeing as there's a town called Radium Springs 15 miles north, I may have to look into that one.

Not even close IMO. Diet is important, but I attribute it more to their lifestyle, happiness, peace, low stress levels more than anything else.

Eating healthy local foods, laughing and dancing, the right amount of wine and not being stressed about the things you can't change is all important.

I believe you have something there. Since I retired I have unwound to a degree I hadn't since I was pre-wound as a kid. Don't know that I could ever go back to daily stress again, I do know I sure as hell don't want to. The MS has not reared it's head once in any kind of big way. When I was working it was daily. Obviously not an option for most, and sometimes I miss the feeling of accomplishment I got (all right I miss that a lot), but some kind of happy middle ground with regular exercise should be the goal.

I wouldn't expect a bartender to have the weekend off to kick back...but enjoy.

Probably hard to find cigarettes on that island too...

I'm not currently tending bar, just cooking at an organic cafe for a few hours a day helping a friend. That's why I've been eating meat lately (and a lot).

Cigarettes are $23 a carton here. :ols: Being the Caribbean, drugs in general are everywhere and usually cheap and good. It's the healthy stuff that's expensive, but I'm living on an organic farm that'll be hitting growing cycle soon.

Just realizing you meant "that" island. :ols:

haha. Definitely meant "that" island. Smokes are easily attainable on any US island.

But I whole-heartedly agree about you guys perception of stress levels and happiness having an effect on longevity. That's why I don't let too many things piss me off. :ols:

Enjoy your weekend. I need another vacation. It feels like forever...but it's only been about 3 weeks from my last one...and 6 weeks since the previous one.

Unfortunately I am feeling a little stress...well more anxiety than normal now. Too many things to take care of family related over the next few months. Ugh...it's always something, but I am typically ahead of schedule.

Enjoy your weekend. I need another vacation. It feels like forever...but it's only been about 3 weeks from my last one...and 6 weeks since the previous one.

Unfortunately I am feeling a little stress...well more anxiety than normal now. Too many things to take care of family related over the next few months. Ugh...it's always something, but I am typically ahead of schedule.

You should try yoga and meditation for stress.

It's the honey..

product_new_375.jpg

Ikaria's Legendary Honey

The honey produced by the bees on Ikaria, a Greek island in the northeastern Aegean Sea, is of particularly high quality due to the unique geographical and topographical attributes found on the Island.

Since Ikaria has no large flat areas to speak of for cultivation purposes, few fields or plantations exist for the purpose of traditional food production. As a result, the indigenous bees of the Island feed off of plants, bushes, and trees that have evolved naturally without any input from man.

Furthermore, the pollen and nectar collected by the bees is 100% pure and free from any chemicals or pesticides/herbicides normally found in commercial or private farming. The self-sown plants are found all over the landscape of the approximately 30-mile long and 6-miles wide island of Ikaria. Trees and bushes blossom both in spring and fall, offering sustenance for the bees throughout the year. No assistance is needed by man for the bees to survive throughout the winter months.

In addition to the pristine natural setting, there is no industrialization or large commercial enterprise on the island which would normally produce pollutants that despoil both water and air. The honey gathering by the bees is undertaken in almost perfect conditions.

http://www.ikariahoney.com/legendaryhoney.php

The worlds healthiest diet in a bottle -

The local Ikarian honey contains anti-bacterial, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. If you can’t buy Greek honey, order Australian honey from Tasmania, which I think is just as good. You won’t believe how strong this honey is. (Unfortunately the health benefits of American honey do not deliver as well as those from Ikarian honey.)

http://www.askdrgarland.com/?p=2890

Ikarian diet a key to health and longevity - Where can I buy Ikaria honey?

For much of the ensuing two millenniums, people here lived in relative isolation. The people here evolved a unique diet that we believe is a more heart-protective version of the Mediterranean diet. We're doing pharmacological analyses of dozens of herbal teas and unique honey produced by bees that draw pollen of thyme, fir and erica. We think we'll find anti-cancer, anti-oxidant and probiotic properties in these locally produced products.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1401148

Archived