Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

So besides getting a RT, the team agrees with me in adding WRs. Aha! To all you saying I was wrong aha! Lol

It's more of a long term need than a short term one. Santana and Morgan are in the last year of their deals, and Santana might be too old to continue by then. So it's building for the future instead of the now. If you draft a WR, it takes a bit for them to develop enough to contribute. By the time they develop enough, Morgan and Santana might be off the team.

It's more of a long term need than a short term one. Santana and Morgan are in the last year of their deals, and Santana might be too old to continue by then. So it's building for the future instead of the now. If you draft a WR, it takes a bit for them to develop enough to contribute. By the time they develop enough, Morgan and Santana might be off the team.

Also it follows the trend of the NFL. If you can have a Decent top 20 D and a top 5 O you can win it all

---------- Post added February-4th-2013 at 07:35 PM ----------

Some charts and analysis of 4 Wide Receivers in this years class. Cordarrelle Patterson, Deandre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, and Stedman Bailey. The guy who did this is apparently working on another batch of receivers.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/04/tier1-wrs/

What interests me is that Keenan Allen gets just about ALL of his yards right near the Line Of Scrimmage. Only about 10-15% of his yards come on 3rd down, and when the field gets shorter (inside the red zone) he only had 27 total yards last season.

DeAndre Hopkins had the most interesting charts.

A lot of that with Allen has to do with play design. Cal ran a lot of bubble screens and quick read plays to get him the ball

This team needs upgrades over Morgan and Hankerson imo, even Moss too bc he is getting "football old."

These picks would obviously be for long term. You hope every drafted player makes a long term impact. I believe immediate impact is also desired because I don't see this offense being as successful without added weapons.

This team needs upgrades over Morgan and Hankerson imo, even Moss too bc he is getting "football old."

These picks would obviously be for long term. You hope every drafted player makes a long term impact. I believe immediate impact is also desired because I don't see this offense being as successful without added weapons.

I'd like to give Johnny Knox a chance with this offense and save a mid rounder for a TE.

Hey guys I wanted to share my latest Mock Draft for the Redskins I still have Jordan Poyer as the 2nd round target, and a safety in the 3rd but I changed it up this time. Let me know what you think!

Poyer in the 2nd is nice and all, but I saw that in this mock Rhoades is still on the table too. Can one our draft gurus compare Rhoades to Poyer? I was under the impression that if Xavier Rhoades is there for our 2nd rounder that we would be sprinting up to the mic, announcing him then dancing around. i have seen ppl go so far to say he has the most upside of any CB in this draft bc of his ball skills and run support. i would just like to get an opinion and a comparison by one our experts.

If the highest rated WR and highest rated SAF on YOUR board are available in the second round and have the same / similiar grade (eg Terrance Williams/Eric Reid) what do you do?

If they have a similar grade then you go with Reid because he fills a bigger hole. If you have a stud WR sitting there and he grades out well above any of the S, T, CB etc that are available then you grab the WR and don't look back.

Not sure if posted but NFL.com Draft page is open:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position

---------- Post added January-16th-2013 at 02:12 PM ----------

^^ Their Grades:

Reid, Eric S 6'2" 208 LSU 87.5

Swearinger, D.J. SS 6'0" 210 South Carolina 81.4

Elam, Matt S 5'10" 206 Florida 80.0

Vaccaro, Kenny SS 6'1" 215 Texas 78.7

McDonald, T.J. FS 6'3" 205 USC 76.5

Williams, Shawn SS 6'1" 220 Georgia 74.8

Thomas, Phillip SS 6'1" 215 Fresno St. 74.1

Cyprien, John FS 6'0" 210 Florida International 73.6

Hyde, Micah FS 6'1" 190 Iowa 71.7

Motta, Zeke SS 6'2" 215 Notre Dame 71.2

Thomas, Shamarko SS 5'10" 205 Syracuse 69.6

Stafford, Daimion SS 6'1" 205 Nebraska 68.4

McDougald, Bradley FS 6'1" 209 Kansas 67.8

Williams, Duke FS 6'0" 190 Nevada 67.7

Boyett, John SS 5'10" 202 Oregon 67.5

Lester, Robert FS 6'2" 210 Alabama 66.7

Polk, Ray FS 6'1" 205 Colorado 65.6

Slaughter, Jamoris SS 6'0" 200 Notre Dame 59.7

Wolff, Earl SS 6'0" 207 N.C. State 58.4

Kovacs, Jordan SS 6'0" 202 Michigan 57.9

Rambo, Bacarri SS 6'0" 218 Georgia 57.4

Hall, Rashard SS 6'1" 210 Clemson 55.4

Riley, Kejuan FS 6'1" 208 Alabama St. 54.3

Frey, Drew SS 6'3" 212 Cincinnati 53.6

Johnson, Orhian SS 6'3" 210 Ohio St. 51.9

I'm gonna update later. The updated nfl.com has 5 SAF graded 80 or higher up from 3

If the highest rated WR and highest rated SAF on YOUR board are available in the second round and have the same / similiar grade (eg Terrance Williams/Eric Reid) what do you do?

Originally, I was all for safety, but I would go WR. The reason being is that I'm assuming the coaching staff like the idea of bringing back Meriweather and Jackson and they are high on Bernstine. Otherwise, I don't see why they would not go for a safety.

Poyer in the 2nd is nice and all, but I saw that in this mock Rhoades is still on the table too. Can one our draft gurus compare Rhoades to Poyer? I was under the impression that if Xavier Rhoades is there for our 2nd rounder that we would be sprinting up to the mic, announcing him then dancing around. i have seen ppl go so far to say he has the most upside of any CB in this draft bc of his ball skills and run support. i would just like to get an opinion and a comparison by one our experts.

Rhodes height will make him a 1st rdr or early 2nd. We're lucky if Poyer is there when we pick. Amerson wouldn't be a bad consolation with his physical abilities.

I mean he's the safe pick. You look at a guy like Patterson and he could be a freak in the NFL, but theres a decent amount of risk involved. With Allen what you see now is close to what you'll get later on

With this offensive coaching staff I'm taking the biggest reward I can get on offense. Cordarelle is that.

Exaggeration of the year.

That would easily make them probably the best players in the class.

A bit. Thats why i gave a floor of Cribbs and Rice but the two were unbelievable live. Relle reminded me of Cribbs with the ball. His first yr. in the SEC and a No. 1 receiver opposite him so he didn't get a lot of looks. Hopkins IMO is the best WR in the class after what he did to lsu.

Wow... there's gonna be soooo many good players available when the skins draft in the 2nd...I wish they had a 1st this year, I could see Shanny trading down again and getting 2 2nd's and maybe a late first, or add an extra 3rd or two.

I would go so far as to say that this draft may not have the star power of last year's but overall this year's draft class of prospects is BETTER than last year's (once you get past the top 5)

I WISH the skins could fanagle another 2nd or 1st out of someone somehow, and parlay that down into an extra 2nd and some 3rds.. there's just gonna be so many good players available when we pick :(

As a side note, I really like the kid out of Cincy the TE... dude looks solid to me. I'm praying he's still there when we pick in the 5th.. he maybe be worth a 4th if need be.

Agreed. Moss isn't "getting" old he's already there! Mogan has one year left on his contract (I believe) and needs to show that he can stay healthy and produce. Based upon his one year with the Skins he's not worth the contract he signed IMO. Hankerson is still a work in progress but we haven't seen anything yet to indicate that he's going to elevate his status from #3 or #4 wide-out. We can hope that Morgan and Hankerson step up and become more consistent but the team needs to plan on replacing one if necessary. It's tough with limited top draft picks ( fans want safety or CB, RT and WR) and limited cap room (harder to fill holes with higher talent free agents). We need some luck and good scouting.

Originally, I was all for safety, but I would go WR. The reason being is that I'm assuming the coaching staff like the idea of bringing back Meriweather and Jackson and they are high on Bernstine. Otherwise, I don't see why they would not go for a safety.
But without making assumptions about how the team feels about Meriweather/Jackson you would take the SAF?

---------- Post added February-5th-2013 at 10:34 AM ----------

I don't think addressing WR is an example of building for the future vs. building for now as you said. We don't have long term solutions at CB or Safety either, we don't even have an immediate solution at FS, much less long term. We have more in place right and long term at WR then we have at CB or SAF.

I'm gonna update later. The updated nfl.com has 5 SAF graded 80 or higher up from 3

Looks like its at 6 now...They don't rate Rambo well at all

Vaccaro, Kenny SS 6'1" 215 Texas 87.7

Reid, Eric S 6'2" 208 LSU 87.5

Jefferson, Tony S 5'11" 212 Oklahoma 83.2

Cyprien, John FS 6'0" 210 Florida International 82.6

Swearinger, D.J. SS 6'0" 210 South Carolina 81.4

Elam, Matt S 5'10" 206 Florida 80.0

Rambo, Bacarri SS 6'0" 218 Georgia 57.4

While we're on offensive playmaker vs safety talk. What is y'alls opinion on what honey badger Tyrann Mathieu can bring to the table? I see him as a potential ball-hawking FS, 5th receiver, and special special teams guy. Am I wrong to think that he would be worth a 3rd round gamble??

Archived