Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Banks Performance Issues/WR Position

skins4ever17

IF Banks makes a big play, I'll do what I always do; roll my eyes, sigh, feel good about the points but be annoyed he's still around.

You root for the uniform, not the player. Players come and go. If Banks does nothing this year he won't be around next year and there's still going to be people complaining about it.

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 09:11 PM ----------

It's the way most people feel when Reed Doughty stuffs a play behind the line of scrimmage. "Yay, he made a play! Awww, but he's still here..."

Well I'm gonna be sure to remind you all when the season starts and Banks is scoring TDs. Whether you like my tone or not.

He made the team. End of story.

Banks has,the talent to be our KR/PR for a long time.

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

Yeah well don't worry. These haters are just what they are, HATERS. When he makes a big play, they'll be all about it. When he makes a mistake, they'll be asking for him to be cut

Agreed. It must suck to be sure you are right and then be completely and utterly wrong.

HTTR.

For my money, we got the best of 2 worlds, while getting the bad of another and the worst of one more.

Banks being here as a pure PR/KR is nice, and it means they found a 7th WR spot for him, and at the same time the OL (my key area of concern when it came to the Banks debate) got to keep 9 guys and get one guy on the PS.

On the other hand, THT got let go, and as of yet, no one has replaced him. He was somewhat injured, but considering how banged up our RBs are (and how banged up RB corps get during the season in general) I'd have preferred a 4th RB. We all remember how useless our team became last year when THT went down and Torain was the featured back. Now imagine that scenario, only instead of it being a coaching decision (letting Torain run it while Helu and Royster sat the bench), it becomes a reality. Not pretty. Of course, THT was somewhat injured this year, but Bank's spot (or Butler's if we're going last in first out) is probably the only thing keeping us from grabbing Slaton or some other veteran.

And finally, our secondary took a hit when we lost Jackson. Not Bank's fault obviously, but Jackson being gone created another spot for him.

So on the whole, PR/KR value increased, OL value increased, but RB and secondary value decreased. The last two aren't Bank's fault, but I will say he is very lucky.

If Jackson isn't suspended and THT is healthy, I'm not so sure he gets a spot.

He had to jump through hoops to get here, so here's to hoping he runs a bunch back this year.

Well that was interesting.

40 minutes later:

I'm just saying I apologize for the whole haters remark. I'll try to come up with a better term. I do not agree with your stance on Banks. I also don't care for the snide comments from your ilk.

Therefore I do apologize for being too harsh. But it goes both ways. Remember that.

That being said I will indeed be there to remind you all when Banks is scoring tds. Nothing harsh about that. But of course you don't like being reminded that you were wrong. And that's not my problem.

LOL, the Banks haters are hilarious to me. I feel like if there was a world wide crisis, the haters would find away to say that Brandon Banks making the Redskins 53 was somehow a cause

Don't you think you may be taking this a wee bit overboard? Are you taking other people's football views of Brandon Banks personally or something?

LOL, the Banks haters are hilarious to me. I feel like if there was a world wide crisis, the haters would find away to say that Brandon Banks making the Redskins 53 was somehow a cause

Forgive us for not having as much confidence in a guy that has more fumbles than TDs in his career. Especially at a ratio of 9:2.

Im done with this thread.

Archived