Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday 8/7: Training Camp Tweets/Comments/and yes, What Not (2 Days until 1st preseason game)

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Evan Royster will start at RB

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 12:59 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan: Evan Royster will start the preseason game on Thursday.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 12:59 PM ----------

Mike Shanahan: Graham Gano will get the first field goal attempt / kickoff on Thursday.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Mike Shanahan: No Tim Hightower on Thursday night. Says Hightower should make preseason debut in week-three. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:03 PM ----------

Ed ‏@Ed92_

RT @Redskins: Shanahan: Both Evan Royster and Roy Helu Jr. will play about the same number of reps Thursday.

Since I am attending the game... I'm glad to hear that Royster will start and will split the same amount of carries as Helu. Hightower doesn't excite me at all... and I'm excited to see if Royster or Helu has the look of a primary back. Although, my expectations are somewhat tempered because of the state of the offensive line. It won't match up well against the Bills defensive line.

And given the competition and depth of the roster.... it'll be exciting to get to see how other young guys perform. It shouldn't be a snorefest.

Anyways, should be a great test for this team.

Chris Cooley did not practice today. Mike Shanahan gave him the day off. Shanahan said Cooley approached him to let him practice.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

The last 2 days @DezBriscoe89 has jumped out in a good way, with more comfortability & reps. Had a couple of well run routes, moves,catches

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:29 PM ----------

Chris Cooley was just a day off. Nothing wrong. Some interesting verbal exchanges during a closed practice are always fun to watch/see.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:33 PM ----------

Best catch of practice: @Niles_Paul84 made a falling one-handed grab on a low throw across middle, while other arm was tied up by defender.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:34 PM ----------

Highlight to end practice - @Rak98 with a one-handed INT and forced out-of-bounds, went down tumbling..Niles Paul had a hell of a catch.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Shanahan: Armstrong(shoulder), Young (hamstring), Lichtensteiger (knee) all ruled out for Buffalo. Chester (ankle) questionable.

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

The last 2 days @DezBriscoe89 has jumped out in a good way, with more comfortability & reps. Had a couple of well run routes, moves,catches

Thanks for posting. This is the second report I have read about Dezmon Briscoe looking good in camp. It's early and he hasn't had much time to learn the offense but he's one of the stories I'll be watching over the next few weeks. I don't subscribe to the theory that you need a big receiver to compete (and neither Hankerson nor Garcon are small guys) but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a 6'3 receiver that is a true redzone threat on the roster.

I can't post the link but I just saw a video on CSNWashington.com showing the whole team running gassers at the end of practice. Apparently coach made a few individuals run them after practice as punishment for various reasons including London Fletcher for losing his poise at an eariler practice (presumably Saturday's practice). The whole defense decided to run the punishment with him because they wanted to stick together.

Since I am attending the game... I'm glad to hear that Royster will start and will split the same amount of carries as Helu. Hightower doesn't excite me at all... and I'm excited to see if Royster or Helu has the look of a primary back. Although, my expectations are somewhat tempered because of the state of the offensive line. It won't match up well against the Bills defensive line.

And given the competition and depth of the roster.... it'll be exciting to get to see how other young guys perform. It shouldn't be a snorefest.

Anyways, should be a great test for this team.

whats wrong with the OL?

Archived