Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grantland: The Top Battles to Be QB1

MattFancy

Boy it never gets old, people in this thread have more of a clue than these "expert" writers. If Shanahan were blowing smoke, he would say its an open competition or that he'd lean towards Rex.

Only way Griffin III is not the starter week 1 is either cause he's hurt or looks horrid in the preseason and I'm iffy on the latter.

People are saying Griffin doesn't look sharp? Well, what the hell did you expect? Dude hasn't played a snap in the NFL and has been thrown a huge playbook in a few month span...Obviously, Rex being the professional and his knowledge of the offense is going to make him look better early...I fully expect Griffin will be ready to go by Week 1 with the full training camp and preseason...

Wow, Glad someone posted this.

I wanted to email this Barnwell dude to tell him I'd never seen such shoddy reporting before this article.

I mean, it's one thing to be ignorant of something peripheral to the subject of your article.

But it's another to COMPLETELY BE CLUELESS as to FEATURE ARTICLES addressing (and answering pretty clearly) the very question being raised (i.e., the question of "Who has been named the starting QB") and which are posted on the site you yourself write for (i.e., ESPN) that are DIRECTLY ON POINT vis-a-vis your topic (QB battles).

I remember that ESPN ran at least one, maybe two, stories on how Griffin had been named the starter by Shanny and how Shanny himself pointed out that he had never decided so quickly in the past, i.e., that RG3 really was setting a new precedent and that he was unlike any QB he had worked with in the past. Does the quote "He's the starter. Period." ring any bells?

This dude is ridiculous that he now tries to cover his ass by claiming that this is just a "ruse" by Shanahan.

and I also call BS on him in that, if he was aware of the Shanahan decision/quote he would have at least mentioned it in his story, but he clearly flat out didn't know about it. Hence the lack of even addressing it. Pathetic journalism.

Archived