Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jury awards $3M in sex death

rumpshakers

FYI.. Thread title should include the source of the article (ajc) and you should have a line or two from the article in your original post. Just a heads up so you can fix it before the mods see.

And if you're going to die, dying while in the middle of a threesome would be the way to do it.:laugh:

I could see if the man died while having sex with his wife, but to say the doctors failed to tell him not to have a Threesome which is twice as taxing?

Should go into the weird verficts thread.. next to the female teachers, owned, Cops, Ask a Mechanic.

I could see if the man died while having sex with his wife, but to say the doctors failed to tell him not to have a Threesome which is twice as taxing?

Should go into the weird verficts thread.. next to the female teachers, owned, Cops, Ask a Mechanic.

Years ago, I used to listen to some radio talk show that was hosted by a doctor. And the doctor got a call about how risky it was for older men to have sex.

He said that dying while having sex does happen, but that it's a lot rarer than people think. That for some reason, such stories seem to get covered in the media a lot.

But then he mentioned something he'd read in a journal.

Seems that the Japanese are really anal about compiling public health statistics. And they did a study.

And they concluded that, out of all the people in Japan who died while having sex, something like 95% of them were having sex with someone other than their wife.

Without doing any research, Predicto predicts that this jury award gets reduced or vacated by the judge, or overturned on appeal.

That is what usually happens.

What's the basis for this getting overturned on appeal. It sounds like the jury awarded 5 Mill and it was reduced by 40%, for the deceased's own negligence, to 3 million. That makes it sound to me like the judge already entered judgment after appeal, but I could be wrong.

Also, whether the man was having a threesome with his wife or someone else is not relevant to this case. It probably was not admissible at trial either, and I doubt very much the jury heard that evidence. Classic 403 irrelevant "evidence."

Why is everyone assuming this is not a valid lawsuit. The article said he went to a cardiologist with chest pain radiating into his arm and then sent him home. I have seen cases like this in the past. The reasonably prudent doctor orders an angiogram, STAT.

I don't know why the widow and her son's would not benefit from this lawsuit either. I think that's thrown in there for pure sensationalism.

By the way, I'm willing to bet at least half the people saying this is outrageous are basing it on the threesome, and you are probably the same people saying we should all be allowed to make whatever choices we want in life and do whatever we want.

If this guy wasn't married, would this be a frivolous lawsuit?

Archived