Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Belmont Stakes Thread: "I'll Have Another" goes for the Triple Crown (June 9th)

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Does someone know anything about horses? I don't. Why did the tendinitis keep him from running? I was thinking if it were a fracture, stretched or torn tendon or a hoof problem, he obviously couldn't race. Were they afraid he would injure it worse? Just asking, I don't know.
Your question was answered well on page 1 of this thread. Quoted below.
Talk is already raging that this was about more than health. I'll Have Another's trainer, Doug O'Neill, has previously been disciplined for doping horses. This wasn't an isolated incident. He's been called on the carpet for 25 such offenses since 2005 and those are only the times O'Neill was caught. The California Horse Racing Board gave him a 45 day suspension and $10,000 fine just a week or so ago for a doping incident at, I believe, Santa Anita.

The New York Racing Association ordered all Belmont Stakes entrants be kept together in a secure stable instead of spread out amongst different stables on the racetrack grounds. The reason for that was pretty obvious. The NYRA wanted to make doping a horse as difficult as possible. Given I'll Have Another's scratch from the Belmont Stakes at this late date, charges, true or not, will fly that O'Neill's inability to dope the horse and secure a victory led to its withdrawal.

I know I like it when a 105 pound Mexican guy climbs on me and rides me as hard as he can smacking my ass with a whip.

Classic!!!!!! After this is posted in the "out of context" thread...that thread can be closed. It will never get better than this one. :ols: :notworthy

Archived