Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the "hot" ATT cell phones today

hunterx

My wife is due for an upgrade, and she loves the iphone. I have an iPhone 4 so I may give her my phone and get something else for myself. We are sticking with ATT, as I have an unlimited data plan still..grandfathered in so I don't want to change that.

I currently jailbreak my iphone so I can tether to my laptop for it's internet sometimes, it's a nice feature without having to pay the carrier for it. I don't want a 3D phone, it makes my head hurt.

A few sites list these phones as alternates to the Iphones:

HTC One X

Nokia Lumia 900

LG Nitro HD

Pantech Burst

Any experiences with these phones?

Can't help you out with those phones you listed but the Samsung Galaxy S III was just unveiled today and should be hitting the US this summer. I absolutely love my Galaxy S II (AT&T) so the Galaxy S III should be a great phone as well.

Linky:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-preview-hands-on/

If it comes to Verizon, I'm definitely getting the SIII

I looked into it this past weekend and I'm shunning the smartphone movement. It'll bump our bill up to $160/month for two people. That, IMO, is ridonculous. I don't use my cellphone that much.

It is getting expensive, and I still don't understand why they charge to send a text. Shrug, oh well. I pay $30 a month for my unlimited data plan and about $5 for like 200 or 300 texts, maybe 400 i don't know. I don't text much of anyone except my wife so those are free (iphone to iphone). I lowered my wife's data plan to 200mb which costs like $15 a month...which is crazy. She's usually on wi-fi so no big deal here.

I cancelled my TV service because I couldn't justify spending over $100 a month on a handful of channels. These companies are jerks for trying to make money.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 03:26 PM ----------

If she loves her iPhone why not get a 4s? Personally I'd just wait until Fall and see what the 5 may have.

This may be what we do. Either the 4 or 4s, I don't know if she would take advantage of Siri or other features of the 4s to warrant the price difference.

I think my phone is due for an upgrade, but I worry that if I buy it from ATT directly I will lose my grandfathered in unlimited data plan.

Well she is a simple user. Mail, browser, camera, video recording, a few food apps or whatever else. She's pretty set on getting a new phone for mothers day so I think she may go for the 4s or 4 depending on price. I did have her looking at the HTC One X, just to get her mind open to alternatives to the iPhone.

If you're looking for simplicity, either stick with the iPhone or go with the Lumia 900.

Android has made huge strides towards being more user friendly but it's still not quite there yet.

Oh please. I'll put my GS2 up against the iphone all day.

OP, I have Tmobile, not ATT&T but I do have the Galaxy S2. Can't recommend it enough. My home computer crapped out a few weeks ago, but I have been in no rush to repair/replace it. The S2 is really all I need. I've had other smartphones over the years but the S2 just takes it to another level.

OP, I have Tmobile, not ATT&T but I do have the Galaxy S2. Can't recommend it enough. My home computer crapped out a few weeks ago, but I have been in no rush to repair/replace it. The S2 is really all I need. I've had other smartphones over the years but the S2 just takes it to another level.

This is exactly how I feel too. I was amazed at the GS2 once I had some time with it.

Personally, I don't care for the TouchWiz interface, and I'm not going to go through the hassle of installing custom ROMs to get rid of it. To each his own. :2cents:

OP, a heads up: It appears some Walmart's are now selling the iPhone 4s for $114 on contract.

Archived