Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2012 NASCAR Thread

SC_RedskinsFan

I haven't taken the time to read up on it. Are they still expecting two by two racing at the the RP track? Man, I hope not. That was the worst racing I've ever seen.

I think I'm going to Darlington this year. Can't wait. I somehow got my wife convinced a South Carolina trip during Mother's Day weekend is a good thing.

I would but seriously, with the things we have going on right now with our preparations and planning I really don't have the time. :(

I think your work will be far more satisfying than any game. You certainly have my prayers, as always. :cheers:

I haven't taken the time to read up on it. Are they still expecting two by two racing at the the RP track? Man, I hope not. That was the worst racing I've ever seen.

I think I'm going to Darlington this year. Can't wait. I somehow got my wife convinced a South Carolina trip during Mother's Day weekend is a good thing.

I don't know how indicative Daytona testing was of the actual racing we can expect, but yeah. In testing they were still running 2x2.

And I would KILL to go to Darlington. Should be an amazing trip.

So we've got me, Bubble, Hdf, mikered, and I'm signing SC up, whether he likes it or not. I know he'll play.

dubbz, ASF, and pj, we'd love to have you guys if you're up for it. I know you guys all know your stuff!

I would, but I run my family's fantasy NASCAR in addition to Fantasy Football (21 years and running) so even though I won't be running it, it would be too much for me to keep up with. But thanks for the offer and if I have time next year, maybe I'll join in.

We've done Fantasy NASCAR about 7 times in the last 10 years (we took a break a couple of seasons) and We've been running the same kind of point system that NASCAR adopted (43-1) the whole time. We give 25 points for winning a race, 10 for leading the most laps, 5 for leading a lap and 5 for the pole. So, if you are way behind, winning a race can catch you up in our league and if you are leading and crash, you could fall back.

This is my favorite page to post every year around this time. Jayski's paint scheme page, 2012 edition: http://www.jayski.com/schemes/paintschemes.htm

If you guys aren't familiar with Jayski, stop after ".com" and check out his entire site. It's a great resource throughout the season. And there is not a single thing NASCAR related that you can't find there. Easily the best NASCAR site on the interwebz.

I like Jayski, and he's pretty up on alot of the news, drivers, crews and changes.

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone going down to Daytona? I am heading down there with a few friends.

I wish. I'm going to the spring race at Richmond (and had a dream about it last night :ols:) but Daytona will remain on my sports bucket list for another year.

Have fun, and be safe!

Is anyone going down to Daytona? I am heading down there with a few friends.

Yea I am heading down to Daytona, I will be there Wed. nite and going to the Duel Races, truck race, nationwide race, and the 500.

On another note I watched almost all of media day today, and I am PUMPED now more than ever, you got Shootout practice tomorrow, Shootout Picks tomorrow nite, and then the Shootout on saturday nite.

Then Sunday gets going with Qualifying for the front row! Then just Monday and Tuesday pass and I am headed to Daytona on Wed mornign and be there Wed nite!!!

GO JGR 18 20,11

Will be doing picks for the shootout as a practice? What are the rules again? Will each race have its own thread or just bump this one?

There's a separate game thread, mike. The OP in that thread will be updated weekly. I'll bump it here shortly to try to narrow down a draft time that works for all of us.

BTW, my predictions for the 500:

1) Dale Jr.

2) Denny Hamlin

3) Ryan Newman

4) Carl Edwards

5) Greg Biffle

6) Jimmie Johnson

7) Danica Patrick :)

8) Tony Stewart

9) A.J. Allmendinger

10) Clint Bowyer

I can not belive this thread has not gotten more juice, I have been watching NON STOP NASCAR since the Speed coverage began the other nite, I also watched all of testing at Daytona, getting ready to watch the ARCA race, and Shootout tonite.

The Gibbs cars look slow, Joe has gotta get Toyota up to date on its speedway program....Intermediates and short tracks they are very good but the superspeedway program has been lacking for some time, and I think its all in the motor. The only thing that gives me some hope is that we havent really gottena good look at how the Gibbs cars handle and drive in the packs, which is more important at Daytona, lets be honest the pole is cool but as long as your in it you can win it, how it handles in a crowd is way more important.

I am super excitited for the shoot out tonite, only only three more days until I head down there!!!!!

I am posting to let everyone know who wanted to be in the NASCAR game that HH was making, that it is off. He got the boot from ES so he will not be able to run it.................

Damn, what did he get booted for?

In other news.....30 MINS UNTIL THE SHOOTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ARCA race had an exciting finish as well, felt bad for Brandon Mcreynolds he had it won until he ran out of fuel.

Damn, what did he get booted for?

In other news.....30 MINS UNTIL THE SHOOTOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ARCA race had an exciting finish as well, felt bad for Brandon Mcreynolds he had it won until he ran out of fuel.

Yeah that's a heartbreaking way to lose a race, especially at Daytona...

He got it for some BS...... He didn't even know he was till I told him cause I couldn't find his thread

KYLE BUSCH WITH AN AMAZING SHOOTOUT WIN!!!!!! 2 saves damaged car and still came back to win it....like him or not but that dude can flat out DRIVE!!!!!!!!!! Him and all the other JGR drivers are my men, they all raced very well, who cars about the poll when you have 30 lead changes in a race, it is all about keeping the car clean and being there at the end. I feel really good about the JGR performance in the 500 this year.

ONLY the rest of today, all of Tuesday and then I am headed to Daytona 6am Wed morning....WOOOOOO HOOOO I cant wait!

Archived