Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTOP: Record-breaker? Prince William angler catches 74-lb. rockfish

Ellis

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - A Prince William County angler has caught a 74-pound rockfish that could break a state record.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that X-ray technician Cary Wolfe, 56, caught the fish Friday off Cape Henry after a 15-minute struggle. It was weighed at Long Bay Pointe Marina.

The Virginia Sal****er Fishing Tournament must certify Wolfe's catch to officially mark the state rockfish record, which currently is a 73-pounder Fred Barnes of Chesapeake caught four years ago.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=2717206

235410.jpg

Good God, man!!! :point2sky

I caught a 43 pounder (44.5 inches) last month, further in the Bay, right off of the shipping lanes. http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?333866-The-Fishing-Thread&p=8760855#post8760855

I had a feeling that this calm winter was going to keep the baitfish in the Bay and in turn keep the stripers running around the area. I cant wait till the Spring and the Tourneys start up for the White Marlins, Wahoo, etc.

That rockfish is a porker! Knowing how much meat I got from my 43 pounder, Id be willing to bet this guys freezer is full. Thats a lot of wasabi crusted rockfish and rockfish parmasan.

Wahoo are called Ono in Hawaii. It's a great tasting fish that they use alot in fish tacos. More YUM! Anyone know where I can buy some fresh caught?

Yeah, Wahoo are my fav! I caught a fifty pound Wahoo off the Coast of St. Lucia the day before my wedding in 2009. Best tasting fish... ever, and very beautiful. We ended up giving almost twenty pounds of fish to the locals and still had a fish fry for everyone else who wanted some.

For the freshest fish you gotta go to the wharf in the morning and pick from what comes off the boat. As far as stores, Wegmans has the freshest fish in any store Ive seen. They get seafood shipments in daily, and they can tell you where the fish came from and how long ago they were pulled out of the water.

Archived