Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WANTED: Two Obsessed Fantasy Football Owners to Fill Spots in ES Dynasty League [Deadline: Wed. 5 PM.]

Conn

Going into its 5th season, the ES Dynasty League is looking for two new owners, to take over two recently available teams. Both have plenty of talent and a full slate of draft picks. We're trying to fill the spots now with a couple of great owners, so that you have a couple of months to get acquainted with the league scoring, roster rules, bylaws, the leagues other owners, trade values, etc. before the NFL draft.

We're looking for dedicated owners who can't get enough of the NFL, fantasy football, and specifically dynasty fantasy football. Two owners who wants to take these teams and turn them into dominant championship contenders.

We're looking for someone who is active on ES, so we know you'll be around, be active, and be a big part of our discussions over in the Fantasy Football Forum.

This is NOT your average fantasy league. A very high level of activity is required and expected year-round. Previous dynasty experience is something we'd like to see, but its not required if you're an experienced redraft/keeper league owner who knows his **** and is enthusiastic about learning the ropes. Being a college football fan, or at least an NFL fan who loves to follow the draft, is also a major plus, because evaluating and drafting/trading for talent is a huge part of success in a dynasty league. If you're the type to log into your ESPN league a few times a week to make waiver wire claims and set your lineup, this league isn't for you.

Pertinent info on the league setup, etc. can be found in the OP here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?235800-ExtremeSkins-FF-Dynasty-League

But here are the most important details:

The league is hosted on FleaFlicker, and is a free league. This does not change the fact that we expect owners to be insanely competitive and active, improving their roster in any way possible and starting the best lineup possible every single week. Not logging in for days, or starting an incomplete lineup, etc. is not acceptable.

It is standard PPR scoring with 6 pts for all TD's, return yardage and lighter IDP scoring (For reference, the best IDP ranked #85 overall in our scoring system.).

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST, 2 DB, 2 LB, 1 DL.

In-season rosters are 30 slots for active players. We also have 5 spots for a Practice Squad, and 3 spots for an Injured Reserve. Off-season rosters expand to 40 slots for active players, and we have multiple cut-down dates leading up to the regular season. We hold our Rookie Draft in April/May, right after the NFL draft.

For those applying who have mostly redraft experience, be aware that there is much more trading involved in a dynasty league. You will have to become comfortable with judging player values and making trades, risky or not, its up to you. But for whoever we choose, I recommend going back through past trades that have happened to get an idea of the relative values of young players, veteran players, draft picks, future draft picks, etc.

I will not be posting the rosters of the available teams. Neither are in very rough shape, and one is actually one of the better teams in the league. Should you get in, you can see the rosters then, and we have a process for determining which one of you gets to pick your team first, and then you can mold it as you wish through the draft, FA, waiver wire, and most importantly, through trades. I can't stress enough how much trade action there is in this league. Be prepared for lots of PM's. Keep your inbox cleared out.

This is a very competitive league. We are all friendly, but we also are big fans of trash talk, ragging on each other, etc. So if that isn't your style, this probably isn't the league for you. We're looking for someone who is not only going to be the best dynasty owner we can find to fill this spot, but who is also going to be enthusiastic about the league, fit in well, and bring another fun personality to the league's ongoing thread that I already linked to.

If you think you're interested, post in this thread, addressing the following things:

1. Your previous fantasy football experience, as well as dynasty if you have owned a dynasty team before.

2. Your ability to be very active in the league, from waivers, to trades, to the league thread, etc.

3. What you could bring to our league, in your opinion. Why should we choose you?

4. Anything else that you think is relevant, go ahead and include it. It can only help us make our decision, and this is the part of the process where we'll probably see the most who will fit in best, and try the hardest.

Speaking as someone who took over another orphan team in this league, about two years ago, that was in MUCH worse shape than these, you will be able to re-shape these rosters as you like in no time. There are so many opportunities to improve your team through waivers, the rookie draft, and trades, that it can be done pretty quickly with smart, aggressive management. Its a big task that takes a committed owner who is willing to put in the work, but it can be done.

Reply in this thread or send me a PM. We're looking for someone capable of being very active, both in terms of team management, and the social aspect here on ES. Please keep that in mind when applying. We aren't going to make our decision based upon post count--the most important thing is still to fill these spots with capable, intelligent fantasy owners. But those of you who are well-known around ES will probably have a slight leg up, as we can count on your participation and presence.

I want to get in on this.

1) I have been playing FF for last 7-8 years now. I used to do 4-5 FF teams a year but I have cut it down to only 2 FF teams a year now due to work and family.

2) I am usually the most active players on the waiver market in most of my leagues... I like to be active and I really can't understand the people who only decides to make 4-5 moves a year. I am not a fan of a league that does not have waiver system although it gives advantage to people like me. I think people have a right to enjoy their Sundays without being glued to a computer.

3) I am a pretty active FF player and I do love to talk some trash... I hold grudges against football players even in the FF leagues and make some crazy speculative moves that pays off time to time... I think those things keep the league interesting and fun.

4) I havent been in a dynasty leagues but I have been in a keeper leagues in which they let you hold over 4 players. Took over a team that was in a pretty bad shape and in 2 season, I finished in second in the league.

Just as a MISC INFO... I have been a member of ES for a long time and joined on before the Redskins took over the forum. If you guys remember way back, the "Daily Babe Thread"... well I was the one that started the oops delete please... (AKA Daily Asian Babe Thread) hahaha... too bad as soon as this started to get rolling, Redskins took over and they killed all of the Daily Babe Thread....

So are we going to make the FF eHarmony now?

I'm tempted but I'm not 100% sure that I want to exceed my usual limit of three fantasy teams per season. It's less a matter of being overburdened by fantasy football than it is allowing fantasy football to overburden things that are actually important :ols:

I would get in on this, but then again it wouldn't be fair to anyone in there.

Agreed. No one should have to put up with you, that's just cruel :pfft:

I would get in on this, but then again it wouldn't be fair to anyone in there.

It certainly wouldn't. We mostly like each other, and you being in the group would ruin that. :evil:

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

what happened to the two owners?

Both have had incredibly busy lives the past year or two, and this league's activity expectations couldn't really be met. One bowed out, knowing it wasn't fair to the rest of the league to stick around when he couldn't put in the time needed, and one was voted out for prolonged periods of inactivity, which is something we're not really cool with. It was tough to do, but we had to do what was best for the league.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 03:58 PM ----------

I'm tempted but I'm not 100% sure that I want to exceed my usual limit of three fantasy teams per season. It's less a matter of being overburdened by fantasy football than it is allowing fantasy football to overburden things that are actually important :ols:

If you decide that you are interested, shoot me a PM or drop by our gigantic thread in the FF&Madden forum and drop an "application" off.

I'm responding to all PM's I receive, as well as posting them for the league to see. It will probably take a couple days to make a decision, so definitely keep the interest coming. You can post here or PM me, whatever you like.

If we keep getting the level of interest and enthusiasm that we're getting, we'll probably hold a second round of interviews, a Q/A type of thing, to narrow it down to our two choices.

I've been playing fantasy football for 15 years, and have been league champion in roughly 30% of all leagues I've ever been in. I currently have 3 competitive pay leagues that I participate in. I won my big money league this year, in a very competitive league full of intelligent and competent owners.

As for my ability to be very involved, I actually was a member in 15 total leagues this past year. Most of those leagues were simply "practice" espn leagues that I joined because I needed a better feel for the drafts outside of mocks. The rest were friendly "buddy" leagues and a few here from ES that needed members (I won one of them). All in all I won 5 out of my 15 total leagues this year and finished no worse than 2nd in those pickup ESPN leagues I was in. August/early September is a very joyous time for me. :ols: I am a waiver wire king and also look to take advantage of trades mid season. I'll hose you, for sure. ;)

I'll bring a very active player that lives and breathes fantasy football. I've often offered advise here on ES and elsewhere as my reputation proceeds me. I've played 7 years of football and understand the game, the defenses and what offenses are trying to accomplish. I understand that the best way to defend backs and tight ends in route is not to actually cover them, but to keep them from even going out on routes. I analyse every aspect of the game to make my start/sit plays and only use fantasy sites as a reference, never a model. I participate on ES fairly regularly and even when I'm not posting, I'm lurking.

Again, I'm a guy that loves and understands the game with 15 years of fantasy experience and is really looking to get into a yearly franchise that can morph into one of my more competitive, fun and, especially, year long leagues. The three other leagues I'm involved in, while competitive, is pretty standard on scoring and only one is even a keeper league. I'd love to be a part of a more complex league and know I'll eventually be thought of by many of the league owners as their nemesis.

If you enjoy your own self preservation as a contender, don't pick me. :)

Thanks to all interested posters who replied. The deadline was about a half hour ago, so we'll now vote on the two new owners. If you are chosen, you'll receive a PM and welcome to the league, etc. Everyone else, we'll now have a backlog of names to look at if we ever have another opening!

---------- Post added January-18th-2012 at 05:39 PM ----------

Going into its 5th season, the ES Dynasty League is looking for two new owners, to take over two recently available teams. Both have plenty of talent and a full slate of draft picks. We're trying to fill the spots now with a couple of great owners, so that you have a couple of months to get acquainted with the league scoring, roster rules, bylaws, the leagues other owners, trade values, etc. before the NFL draft.

We're looking for dedicated owners who can't get enough of the NFL, fantasy football, and specifically dynasty fantasy football. Two owners who wants to take these teams and turn them into dominant championship contenders.

We're looking for someone who is active on ES, so we know you'll be around, be active, and be a big part of our discussions over in the Fantasy Football Forum.

This is NOT your average fantasy league. A very high level of activity is required and expected year-round. Previous dynasty experience is something we'd like to see, but its not required if you're an experienced redraft/keeper league owner who knows his **** and is enthusiastic about learning the ropes. Being a college football fan, or at least an NFL fan who loves to follow the draft, is also a major plus, because evaluating and drafting/trading for talent is a huge part of success in a dynasty league. If you're the type to log into your ESPN league a few times a week to make waiver wire claims and set your lineup, this league isn't for you.

Pertinent info on the league setup, etc. can be found in the OP here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?235800-ExtremeSkins-FF-Dynasty-League

But here are the most important details:

The league is hosted on FleaFlicker, and is a free league. This does not change the fact that we expect owners to be insanely competitive and active, improving their roster in any way possible and starting the best lineup possible every single week. Not logging in for days, or starting an incomplete lineup, etc. is not acceptable.

It is standard PPR scoring with 6 pts for all TD's, return yardage and lighter IDP scoring (For reference, the best IDP ranked #85 overall in our scoring system.).

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST, 2 DB, 2 LB, 1 DL.

In-season rosters are 30 slots for active players. We also have 5 spots for a Practice Squad, and 3 spots for an Injured Reserve. Off-season rosters expand to 40 slots for active players, and we have multiple cut-down dates leading up to the regular season. We hold our Rookie Draft in April/May, right after the NFL draft.

For those applying who have mostly redraft experience, be aware that there is much more trading involved in a dynasty league. You will have to become comfortable with judging player values and making trades, risky or not, its up to you. But for whoever we choose, I recommend going back through past trades that have happened to get an idea of the relative values of young players, veteran players, draft picks, future draft picks, etc.

I will not be posting the rosters of the available teams. Neither are in very rough shape, and one is actually one of the better teams in the league. Should you get in, you can see the rosters then, and we have a process for determining which one of you gets to pick your team first, and then you can mold it as you wish through the draft, FA, waiver wire, and most importantly, through trades. I can't stress enough how much trade action there is in this league. Be prepared for lots of PM's. Keep your inbox cleared out.

This is a very competitive league. We are all friendly, but we also are big fans of trash talk, ragging on each other, etc. So if that isn't your style, this probably isn't the league for you. We're looking for someone who is not only going to be the best dynasty owner we can find to fill this spot, but who is also going to be enthusiastic about the league, fit in well, and bring another fun personality to the league's ongoing thread that I already linked to.

If you think you're interested, post in this thread, addressing the following things:

1. Your previous fantasy football experience, as well as dynasty if you have owned a dynasty team before.

2. Your ability to be very active in the league, from waivers, to trades, to the league thread, etc.

3. What you could bring to our league, in your opinion. Why should we choose you?

4. Anything else that you think is relevant, go ahead and include it. It can only help us make our decision, and this is the part of the process where we'll probably see the most who will fit in best, and try the hardest.

Speaking as someone who took over another orphan team in this league, about two years ago, that was in MUCH worse shape than these, you will be able to re-shape these rosters as you like in no time. There are so many opportunities to improve your team through waivers, the rookie draft, and trades, that it can be done pretty quickly with smart, aggressive management. Its a big task that takes a committed owner who is willing to put in the work, but it can be done.

Reply in this thread or send me a PM. We're looking for someone capable of being very active, both in terms of team management, and the social aspect here on ES. Please keep that in mind when applying. We aren't going to make our decision based upon post count--the most important thing is still to fill these spots with capable, intelligent fantasy owners. But those of you who are well-known around ES will probably have a slight leg up, as we can count on your participation and presence.

Archived