Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Again, imagine if St. Louis decided to sit on the 2nd pick until they were on the clock.

I'm pretty sure all our brains would have hemorrhaged by now.

I think they would keep the pick and try and trade S. Bradford.

The NNL segment on ESPN just a few minutes ago was very strong in hte support of RGIII being the better QB of the two. Can't help but thinking the skins are getting the jewel of the draft.

Was just thinking about the weapons RGIII has now with Pierre Garcon and Joshua Morgan through free agency, and our expectation of development of Leonard Hankerson. Not to mention our TE's of Cooley and Davis. He has a nice Core of players his first year at the helm.

Again, imagine if St. Louis decided to sit on the 2nd pick until they were on the clock.

I'm pretty sure all our brains would have hemorrhaged by now.

Thank you Rams and shanny for doing the deal so early. It saved a lot of needless stress haha. Props to LL56, he was on this very early.

I'm not as sold on RGIII as everyone else, I'm definitely pumped and I have hope that he will bring winnin back to DC but, there is rarely a time where QBs are taken 1-2 or something similar, and they both end up being superstars. Hopefully, Luck is the one to bust out and RGIII is the one who breaks out.

I'm not as sold on RGIII as everyone else, I'm definitely pumped and I have hope that he will bring winnin back to DC but, there is rarely a time where QBs are taken 1-2 or something similar, and they both end up being superstars. Hopefully, Luck is the one to bust out and RGIII is the one who breaks out.

LOL, I hope there is more to why you are not sold on RG3 than that.

If you really watch his games, you can analyze him on that, not your reasoning above. His games speak for him as a player, history of other drafts do not.

booo... that's silly talk... nonsense... the past drafts have no bearing on the future success of luck or rg3

If you really watch his games, you can analyze him on that, not your reasoning above. His games speak for him as a player, history of other drafts do not.

I highly doubt that he's saying because of draft status he's not sold on RGIII. Everyone is entitled to their own level of skepticism. But everyone that is a Redskins fan should be very, very excited right now.

Eli Manning, Ben Rothelisberger and Phillip Rivers .. all taken in the first round

up for debate as well.. but 2009

Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman all top 15

IMO.. top picks are top picks for a reason. I just think that quite often, they get put in a poor position because they are being drafted by such a poor team. Sam Bradford is a good example of that right now. He looks pretty pitiful so far because he lacks the tools to compete.

I think there have been lots of talents that have flamed out because they were thrown into poor situations and were not properly groomed.

I think Luck is in danger of that. That team is very talent poor and he will struggle just like Bradford has.

I think we are in a much better position than many teams who would ever select a QB with the 2nd overall pick. Robert will have some tools to succeed. He will be groomed properly and he will be given a more than fair chance.

How do people think this draft would have played out differently if Barkley or even Landry Jones declared?

I think the Browns and Dolphins would be a lot happier than they currently are.

1=how many Rg3's the Browns have.

0= how many we have.

We would end up with Barkely at 6 who i do not prefer over Griffin at all, but we probably wouldnt have had to throw all those draft picks to get him

I understand that previosu drafts have no bearing. I love the kid as a person, he's smart as hell and a great athlete. He has a huge arm and is pretty damn accurate, but with a major injuy in his past and the fact that we really don't have a great o-line to protect him from the dreaded "Skins happy feet syndrome"

I understand that previosu drafts have no bearing. I love the kid as a person, he's smart as hell and a great athlete. He has a huge arm and is pretty damn accurate, but with a major injuy in his past and the fact that we really don't have a great o-line to protect him from the dreaded "Skins happy feet syndrome"

I'd say his O-line at Baylor was worse than what we have. I really don't think our line is that terrible. Towards the end of the season they were really gelling. I don't think our line is great, but I don't think they are the sieve that some people seem to be making them out to be. RGIII has shown solid ability to move around the pocket and buy some time, and considering his major injury happened 3 years ago, that he came back and played harder and played better without reinjuring I'm not overly concerned.

D Hall is all about contacting RG III on twitter lol...RG III keeps respecting that process lol

lol has he really been talking to him on twitter, and RG3 has to be cool about it? Nice. I wonder if he's exchanged DM's with any of our current players...

I appreciate the effort, and I feel bad because he (or someone tied to him) is on this board, and I know people like his songs...but I always get a good laugh out of Black Boo's stuff. His rhymes are pretty bad, and just the idea of Redskins hip-hop/rap is hilarious to me. Love the passion for the team and the time put in, and he's not untalented....it just makes me laugh.

..and just the idea of Redskins hip-hop/rap is hilarious to me

I know you're not in the area, but these songs for the Redskins have been a tradition in DC for many many years. Of course everyone won't like it, but a lot of people do, and Black Boo is just continuing the tradition. By the way, I don't know the guy; I just wanted to point out that there's a tradition behind it.

Archived