Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Redskins Ornament & Shot Glass

bushwack

I received a letter in the mail today telling me to claim my "free" Redskins Christmas ornament. I went to the site, and it turned out to be free and I only had to pay $2.95 for S&H.

Here's the website where you can place two orders, one for the ornament and the other for the shot glass:

http://www.danburymint.com/Sports/team/NFL_5/Washington%20Redskins_152.aspx

Seems legit. I put in an order, $5.90 total for the 2. Didn't get a "Wait, first you need to spend $X to get this deal!" so there's that.

Yeah, I didn't have any problems placing both orders. As far as I can tell it's legit. Plus there's a 30 day guaranteed return policy.

I figured I would pass along the site since it seems legit.

Do they automatically send the next part of the series to you and you have 30 days to decide if you want to keep it or be billed?

I don't see where they automatically send the next part of the series. I looked last night and will be looking again to make sure I get these two things for $2.95 each. I'm not continuing the series, and it doesn't state that I have to.

In the letter I received yesterday, it states:

"YES, send me my FREE Washington Redskins Snow Globe Ornament. I need pay only $2.95 shipping and service, with no obligation to purchase anything else. For faster service, visit www.danburymint.com. You will receive your first ornament by spring.

On another card it states:

"This special offer won't last long. Remember, there's no risk at all because your satisfaction is guaranteed. There's no commitment and no obligation so take advantage of this exclusive opportunity. Order today!"

And on the picture of the three ornaments it states:

"There's no risk -- your satisfaction is guaranteed and you have no obligation to purchase additional ornaments."

I have no intention on purchasing any additional items and from what I'm reading from the info they sent me I have no obligation to do so.

In the letter I received yesterday, it states:

"YES, send me my FREE Washington Redskins Snow Globe Ornament. I need pay only $2.95 shipping and service, with no obligation to purchase anything else. For faster service, visit www.danburymint.com. You will receive your first ornament by spring.

On another card it states:

"This special offer won't last long. Remember, there's no risk at all because your satisfaction is guaranteed. There's no commitment and no obligation so take advantage of this exclusive opportunity. Order today!"

And on the picture of the three ornaments it states:

"There's no risk -- your satisfaction is guaranteed and you have no obligation to purchase additional ornaments."

I have no intention on purchasing any additional items and from what I'm reading from the info they sent me I have no obligation to do so.

So they'll just keep mailing them to you and you'll have to keep mailing them back. And you'll try like hell to get off the mailing list, but somehow that will be very hard to do. Good luck with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured I would bump this to say that this was legit. I received the shot glass (Super Bowl XXII) from them a couple of days ago, and then the ornament came in today. All I had to do to cancel the order was a call a 800 number and enter in my order number and press 1 to cancel any future glasses or ornaments.

Archived