Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walmart's "Price Match" Policy.

DM72

I've never had a problem with Walmart before, but they lost a lot of points with me yesterday. Atleast my local Walmart did. Yesterday I went to Best Buy to get a Madden 12 game for $29.99. A game that normally goes for $59.99. Of course they were sold out. So I got the Best Buy "black Friday" ad and took it to my local Walmart and presented to two different workers in electronics who checked the date of the ad (Nov 24-26) and there was no problem. The cashier punched in something on the register and it was taking a long time to go through and she called over a supervisor who said "we don't honor Black Friday ads."

So I went home and called another nearby Walmart and told them the exact scenerio with the date of the ad and they said that they would honor it. I've been driving all day and I didn't feel like driving over there so I wrote Walmart on there "feedback" page online and told them the situation. I have no idea if they'll get in touch with me. But I feel that it's false advertising to not honor an ad, even if it is a Black Friday ad.

I would think the Walmart guarantee would not apply to blowout sales like Black Friday sales. In any case, Walmart did ultimately honor the guarantee, so I am not sure why you are pissed. Are you just hoping that, by complaining, you will get a free gift card or something?

You know why you should never ass/u/me? Anyway, just read the Walmart price match policy that's posted on THEIR website that HogNose posted. Seriously, there's people that would have made a scene if they were in my posistion.

You know why you should never assume? Anyway, just read the Walmart price match policy that's posted on THEIR website that HogNose posted. Seriously, there's people that would have made a scene if they were in my posistion.
It's good that they ended up honoring it for you (if they did), but I'm surprised they would honor them. You would think they wouldn't for such an occasion as that.

You know why you should never ass/u/me? Anyway, just read the Walmart price match policy that's posted on THEIR website that HogNose posted. Seriously, there's people that would have made a scene if they were in my posistion.

So you're pissed that a supervisor made a reasonable (though, admittedly wrong) call and didn't follow company policy? Is your objective in making a complaint (a) seeing to it that Walmart trains its employees in company policy, (B) getting a gift card or something, or © other?

Wal-Mart is really good about price matching. They don't even require ads anymore, at least for food products. I was behind a guy in line the other day and every single product he had, he was saying "krogers got it for 3 cents less" "that's 60 cents a pound at food lion" etc etc. Takes about an hour but they honor anything.

So you're pissed that a supervisor made a reasonable (though, admittedly wrong) call and didn't follow company policy? Is your objective in making a complaint (a) seeing to it that Walmart trains its employees in company policy, (B) getting a gift card or something, or © other?

I should have gotten the sale price and I didn't. Am I not supposed to be upset with that?

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 12:45 PM ----------

Wal-Mart is really good about price matching. They don't even require ads anymore, at least for food products. I was behind a guy in line the other day and every single product he had, he was saying "krogers got it for 3 cents less" "that's 60 cents a pound at food lion" etc etc. Takes about an hour but they honor anything.

I'm glad you bring that up because I called before I went in and made sure video games were included in their price matching policy and they said, "just bring in the ad." I think it was just my local store that didn't know what they were doing.

I should have gotten the sale price and I didn't. Am I not supposed to be upset with that?

The other Walmart said they would honor it. It seems like you have the answer to your problems right in front of you, but you're choosing to ignore it. So I ask you again, what is your objective?

The reason why I ask is, from time to time, I am asked to weigh in on how to deal with customers upset with my employer. About 80% of those customers don't want to treated fairly, they want to be given free stuff even if what they are asking for dwarfs the value of the inconvenience they went through.

Yeah, I think the whole purpose of the price match is to put everyone else out of business, so they don't really care if they're losing money (which they probably aren't). I think the only thing that keeps other places in business is the "people of wal-mart". I don't know why anyone would try to compete with Wal-Mart for low cost anymore. Might as well just have a store with big aisles, quality stuff, nice presentation, good service, and price the bums out of there.

Quit being a drama queen. You got the game for Best Buys sale price in the end.

Next you'll be posting about how you bought something from Best Buy, didn't open it, lost the receipt and tried to take it back to Wal-Mart to get your money back because their return policy doesn't require a receipt (that used to be their policy)..............

Yeah, I think the whole purpose of the price match is to put everyone else out of business, so they don't really care if they're losing money (which they probably aren't). I think the only thing that keeps other places in business is the "people of wal-mart". I don't know why anyone would try to compete with Wal-Mart for low cost anymore. Might as well just have a store with big aisles, quality stuff, nice presentation, good service, and price the bums out of there.

Walmart prices in store aren't lower or equal to everyone elses. Some things are cheaper, some more expensive. Most people don't deal with price match, its time consuming like couponing.

You seem to have a problem with this. Why? Customer service generally sucks these days and he didn't get what he wanted the first time. If the supervisor had gotten it right the first time he wouldn't have had to call another store, etc.

The other Walmart said they would honor it. It seems like you have the answer to your problems right in front of you, but you're choosing to ignore it. So I ask you again, what is your objective?

The reason why I ask is, from time to time, I am asked to weigh in on how to deal with customers upset with my employer. About 80% of those customers don't want to treated fairly, they want to be given free stuff even if what they are asking for dwarfs the value of the inconvenience they went through.

Yeah, the other Walmart said they would honor it, but it's in another town and like I said, I've been driving all day. I made two trips (40 min away) to the nearest Best Buy in Greece, NY(suburb of Rochester) because when I went there the first time, I didn't think of the Walmart price match policy, so I made another trip to get an ad.

You seem to have a problem with this. Why? Customer service generally sucks these days and he didn't get what he wanted the first time. If the supervisor had gotten it right the first time he wouldn't have had to call another store, etc.

If DM72 is merely trying to get the Walmart close to him to honor the policy, I have no issue whatsoever with what he is doing. However, if he's trying to get, say the item for free or a gift card, then I have a problem with what he's doing. So many customers try to get things for free based on the smallest inconveniences and threaten to sue, talk to government agencies, etc. unless they get free **** that it drives me bat **** crazy sometimes.

For example, one of my employer's customers went apoplectic when the store didn't have a particular product in stock. He threatened to sue my employer for false advertising, on the theory that if my employer advertises a particular item, and fails to keep a limitless supply in stock, they have broken some law. :rolleyes: That's just one example of the kind of **** I've seen customers pull to get a free handout.

So many customers try to get things for free based on the smallest inconveniences and threaten to sue, talk to government agencies, etc. unless they get free **** that it drives me bat **** crazy sometimes.

For example, one of my employer's customers went apoplectic when the store didn't have a particular product in stock. He threatened to sue my employer for false advertising, on the theory that if my employer advertises a particular item, and fails to keep a limitless supply in stock, they have broken some law. :rolleyes: That's just one example of the kind of **** I've seen customers pull to get a free handout.

I agree......we live in a sue happy world and what you describe above is absolutely wrong.

When I worked in retail, it was standard for stores not to match someone's price if the item was out of stock. I don't know the current policies so i can't comment on your situation, but when i first read your post i didn't see a problem besides the fact that employees didn't seem to know their own policy to give you a straight answer.

Many stores have small print written into those matching policies, like loss leaders or advertised special. I know with recent changes at HD and Lowes they have now protected themselves by shopping each other to death on identical priced products. Why? Because if the were off by a good margin and the customer calls them on it they get an additional 10% and on big ticket tools and the like that could be costly.

Sounds to me like the OP is just complaining that one Walmart will honor the policy but another won't. :whoknows:

That would piss me off as well.

Have you tried calling the Walmart closer to you and telling them that the other location will honor the price match so why won't they?

I filled out a complaint to their online feedback section of their website.

Archived