Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Saudi Arabia's Religious Police Outlaw 'Tempting Eyes'

AsburySkinsFan

These ignorant leaders do this because of the lack of education not because of their religion. The best seikhs(Muslim Scholars) around the world come from America and England. Coincidence? no its because they are much more educated and understand the religion more then these useless ignorant leaders.

These rules they in-force on their society has nothing to do with islam or being a muslim. I come from a muslim family and not once did we force or make anyone in our family to do anything in the name is religion. My parents taught me to love my neighbors and respect my elders.

Most of these ridicules things happen in villages where people cant even count to 10.

The fundamentalists of any religion use ignorance and lack of education to impose their will and use the religion to do so because God, Yaweh, or Allah say so. The more people that are educated the less they believe this stuff and make up their own mind. It's one reason why fundamentalists are against any kind of education except what they tell people, and they aren't encouraging people to "question authority" for darn sure. That's why we see so much "Do as I say, not as I do" from these so-called holy men. Hypocrites is what they are, and detrimental to the progress of this world.

We aren't called progressives for nothing.

... I remember something about it being better to "spill one's seed" in a whore.....

Onan was commanded to impregnate his late brother wife, to continue his brothers family, but he pulled out thus spilling his seed on the ground. This passage is frequently used to imply that masterbation is a sin. Which makes absolutely no sense at all in the context of the passage.

Gen 38:8-10

"8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also"

Onan....

Yup, I know steve :). Here's a little write up I stashed some time back:

A commonly referenced proverb to highlight the evils of masturbation frequently mistaken as a biblical admonition is typically phrased as, "It is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground." The fact is, though, this is not anything to be found in the pages of Scripture. We get this question fairly often and have been trying to track down the origin of the saying, but alas, with no luck. While not certain of the phrase's exact origin, it does seem to be a false extrapolation of Genesis 38 and the story of Onan, Tamar, and Judah.

According to Ancient Near Eastern culture, it would have been the responsibility of Onan to impregnate his dead brother's wife that his brother's line might continue. Selfishly, Onan did not wish any of his offspring to bear any name other than his own; and so while he did, in fact, take up the responsibility of sexual relations with his brother's wife, he would not ejaculate inside her but instead practiced the withdrawal method of birth control. God punished Onan for his wickedness and greed by putting him to death (and not, as is popularly believed, for masturbating). The rest of the narrative features the wife, Tamar, posing as a prostitute and seducing Onan's father, Judah. By him, she conceives and bears a son from whom Christ would descend. And God does not strike Judah or punish him in any way in the narrative.

So it appears that some cynic had taken the veneer of the tale and crafted a wry commentary that has come to be known as actual Scripture (unfortunately). In the end, the admonition is far from biblical and has nothing to do with masturbation.

But more importantly...nothing to say on the Grass Roots? :D:ols:

don't fear God, Jehoval, Alah, Xenu, Zeus and somehow manage to live the correct way. I know its crazy to walk up the up stairs when nobody is watching but sometimes you just have to.

Here here.

I never understand people who claim that they cannot behave without the threat of eternal damnation to keep them in line.

Personal responsibility. Such an alien concept.

More proof to me that the worst thing that ever happened to this planet was the concept of "god".

~Bang

Archived