Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dalllas - Visiting team ticket returns

MarkB452

Dear Redskins Season Ticket Holder,

Due to Visiting Player Ticket Returns, a very limited number of General Admission tickets are available for the Redskins vs. Cowboys game on November 20th. Ticket prices start at $64 (plus tax). If you are interested in purchasing additional tickets for the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at face value, please click here.

Due to the limited number of tickets, we expect they will be sold out quickly. For more information and to purchase Inside-the-Beltway parking, contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050.

I just checked on a pair and there were 2 available in section 446 row 10.

It amuses me that they send this to STHs like it's some kind of perk, when any schlub can just go to ticketmaster right now and access the same ducats.

They don't just send it to STHs. They send that email to anyone who has registered at Redskins.com.

It isn't a perk and they don't act as though it is for STH. They are just trying to get rid of them.

So you don't forget how tight the ticket market is, the team makes sure to highlight this data on the top line of the Post Game Notes official press release after every gameday in Landover

•Attendance for the game was 78,032. The game was the Redskins’ 364th consecutive sellout, including preseason, regular season and playoffs. All 144 regular season, postseason and preseason games at FedExField have been sellouts.

Not only do they always "sell out", but almost everyone shows up every time. Its amazing anyone can ever get tickets.

So you don't forget how tight the ticket market is, the team makes sure to highlight this data on the top line of the Post Game Notes official press release after every gameday in Landover

•Attendance for the game was 78,032. The game was the Redskins’ 364th consecutive sellout, including preseason, regular season and playoffs. All 144 regular season, postseason and preseason games at FedExField have been sellouts.

Not only do they always "sell out", but almost everyone shows up every time. Its amazing anyone can ever get tickets.

We lose a few more games and that wont be the case. IDK if i see a lot of people going to see a 3 win team on x-mas eve. Although it would be a fun way to spend the afternoon. :D

We lose a few more games and that wont be the case. IDK if i see a lot of people going to see a 3 win team on x-mas eve. Although it would be a fun way to spend the afternoon. :D

Well, I'm going for the simple fact that I bought tickets when we were 3-1 thinking there would be some sort of playoff push and they were cheap, because I am a massive idiot.

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't care how the Redskins want to market the tickets. If they want to say that 78K plus is a sellout, it really makes no difference to me. Everyone wants to complain about the concept of the waitlist and so forth, and everyone wants to try to catch the Redskins in a lie regarding it. Maybe it's a lie, and maybe it's not. I'm a STH already so it really doesn't matter to me what they say about how many names are on the waitlist, or how many people show up at the games. Yeah sure the past few years haven't been so hot, but speaking for myself I waited too long to get season tickets and I sat in front of my TV watching the games for too long to just give them up because I don't like how they're playing, or because I don't like the politics with the team.

Incidentally, the attendance could be listed at 1 person, and it would still be a sellout. The tickets are already sold, so the game is in fact a sellout. The NFL measures attendance based upon the number of people that come through the turnstiles, so all that number means is that there were x number of no shows. This is in contrast to baseball, which measures the number of tickets sold for the game in their printed attendance figures. (Granted the owner would still make the gate revenue on no shows, but obviously that's money out of his pocket with regard to concessions, parking, etc.)

---------- Post added November-18th-2011 at 02:00 PM ----------

As a STH I would have been at the game anyways, but the fact that it's Christmas Eve sweetens the deal for me. I may come off sounding like a jerk here, but anyways in an Italian family Christmas Eve is almost more important than Christmas Day. I love the Christmas Eve gathering that we have, but this year my parents are hosting the meal. Normally if someone else hosts the holiday you don't have to set up or clean up, but you have to drive. If you host it you have to set up/clean up, but you don't have to drive. With my parents hosting the holiday, I would be required to do both. In essence that means that I'd be over there three hours before everyone else, and leaving three hours after everyone's gone. Not really fun in my book. But since the Skins are home I don't have to worry about any of it because I'll be at FedEx. Again that might well sound a bit harsh, but that's one game I won't miss!

For grins I walked up to the ticket window about 40 minutes before Kick off and asked if they had any tickets for sale. The guy said they had about 100 tickets. Prices ranged from $87 to $175 (which I think included Club and Loge seats).

I'll bet if you had proceeded to buy there wouldn't have been any questions about your waitlist status.

Archived