Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BrunoBoysFF- Report: Arrest warrant issued for Terrell Owens

the burgundy and gold

An arrest warrant has been issued for former NFL receiver Terrell Owens, according to TMZ.com.

A California judge has issued the warrant after Owens failed to appear at a child support hearing last month.

Owens says he missed the court date on Oct. 24 because he was holding a public workout trying to lure in NFL teams after returning from ACL surgery. No teams attended the workout or have expressed interest in the 37-year-old outspoken receiver.

A representative for Owens says the former Pro-Bowler currently pays child support for his four kids based on his $12 million income while with the Dallas Cowboys between 2006 and 2008. However, Owens does not have a current income.

His representative also said Owens "tried; like hell" to reschedule the hearing but the mother of the children would not comply.

http://www.brunoboys.net/entry/report-arrest-warrant-issued-for-terrell-owens/

to be fair, the child-support system seems to be completely wack here. He was making $12 mil while with the cowboys, therefore he needs to keep paying based on that income now while he's unemployed.

Well said. The real story here is that the child support system is robbing him blind an it happens at every level, not just to superstars that you might not like. The idea that support be based on income levels that no longer exists is insanity. Think about the financial damage that would do to an athlete that can literally go from millions to negative income from one year to another.

Having said that he should know better than to miss a court date but I doubt he made the decision to miss it blindly. In fact it may have been a stunt FOR the court. "your honor I missed the date to find a job and no one showed up, can't say I'm not tryin! So about that amount....

Taking care of your child is clearly less important than a workout session nobody attends.

That's a silly post. In order to continue providing income for them, he has to get work. I have no doubt that Owens tried to change the date (that there is an even an arrest warrant for something like this is absurd. But America has reinstituted debtors prisons for the children) and the mother didn't want to. It sounds as if he wanted to change some things at that court date but put employment at the top of the list. If anything, it worked against him because he might have had payments lowered.

That payments were based on, what was likely, millions of dollars, rather than what would actually maintain the children in good condition (rather than semi-support the mother's entitlement to a certain lifestyle because she got impregnated by a rich dude) is another kettle of fish.

Archived