Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: In loss to Buffalo, Redskins offense reaches new low

themurf

Answer : When he is behind a uninjured line. What makes you think anyone else can come in here, esp. a rookie qb and do better with last weeks line.

4 of our 5 original starters were in there yesterday. Romo sits to pee plays with practically 4 rookies on his line. Excuses, excuses. Beck and Grossman just suck and we need QB in this draft.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 12:20 PM ----------

Our offense is offically one of the most pathetic in the league:

Tim freaking Tebow and the Broncos offense put up 38

Matt freaking Moore and the previously winless Dolphins put up 31

AJ "Backup" Feeley 2 weeks ago put up 31 for the previously winless Rams

We still haven't scored 30 with a high of 28 points in week 1 and the defense scored 7 of those. Pa-The-Tic.

Im not 100% sold on Luck. Can he be good? Sure. Is it worth setting this franchise back that far with 4 1st rounders? No, absolutly not.

One thing you hear pretty consistently in this highlight "Luck drops back, has time."

He wont get that here.

I actually consider the 49ers game a new low, and it will continue to be a lower low until Beck is out.

Watching a guy get sacked 10 times sucks and all, but watching Beck dump it to Helu over and over and over because he's too scared to do anything else is the weakest **** I've ever seen.

I actually consider the 49ers game a new low, and it will continue to be a lower low until Beck is out.

Watching a guy get sacked 10 times sucks and all, but watching Beck dump it to Helu over and over and over because he's too scared to do anything else is the weakest **** I've ever seen.

Beck is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

We do need a QB. I don't see how there can be much debate about that anymore.

It's how we get one at this point.

I agree with Oldfan here to some extent.

I was excited to see Beck play, he hasn't looked good the last few games.

Bottom line is that Shanatan is gonna keep throwing him out there. Eli, Peyton, Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick are all guys who looked terrible early on.

How do you know that? I don't know how to grade a QB's performance when the deck is stacked against him with a supporting cast of rookies and backups.

His pocket presence is terrible. For a supposedly mobile QB his ability, or at the very least willingness, to buy time with his feet is decidedly lacking. With a questionable line he should be showcasing this ability right now rather than taking sacks he shouldn't be taking. His ability, or at the very least willingness, to push the ball down the field is quite awful. He stares down his receivers and doesn't go through his progressions even when he has time, and as such when his WRs are actually open he rarely sees them. If his primary receiver isn't there he dumps it. There is no way Helu should be catching 14 passes in one game under any circumstances.

Even taking into considering the supporting cast, Beck does not look like more than a backup who might be able to hold down the fort for a few games with a solid team around him. In that respect maybe he's a better option than Grossman, who looks like a starter one day, and throws four picks the next. Frankly, neither one of those guys should be a starter for an NFL team and the sooner we replace them the better.

That said, trading four picks in order to do that is insanity, in my opinion.

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 03:15 PM ----------

Bottom line is that Shanatan is gonna keep throwing him out there. Eli, Peyton, Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick are all guys who looked terrible early on.

We could afford to be patient with a 22 year-old. Lots of 22 year-olds who look terrible are (rightly) given a chance to mature. 30 year-olds who look terrible ... are usually just terrible.

I don't really care if Shanahan keeps him out there or not this season. We won't do much better with Grossman so it doesn't really matter. However, I'll be shocked if we go into next season with 31 year-old Beck as our starter.

...Frankly, neither one of those guys should be a starter for an NFL team and the sooner we replace them the better....
Rex never had the potential to be a starter, IMO. My jury's still out on Beck. I can't judge him well because he's trying to learn to run a scheme while playing with rookies and backups.

Mike says he's getting better. Maybe Mike's fibbing, but I hope he's not. In the preseason, when Beck was running the boot off the stretch play and our RBs were going nuts, I got a glimpse of how dynamic this offensive scheme can be when it's done right.

Archived