Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sick Team? Flu Bug?

Stiggs

I wonder if the flu bug Grossman had was spreading through out the locker room? i know even though your not quite sick yet, a seriouse flu enough to send you to the hospital can sap your strength and concentration. I know people come up with a thousand reasons why a team plays poor, but i know when im coming down with a major cold/flu im not 100% at work for days before i get hit with it...Football demands mental sharpness...Just a thought

You may have a point. Before he was injured Fletcher was reportedly projectile vomiting on the sidelines after each series. I don't know if anyone else was sick though.

Even so our loss can not be blamed on either illness or injury. It was a total team effort we lacked in everything from coaching to the players execution (which I am in favor of btw ;) ).

A friend of mine made the comment that it could have contributed something to do with Grossman's piss poor showing vs. Philly.

Not that he can't throw 4 picks without having pneumonia, but that is one of those illnesses that can come on over the course of few weeks and get progressively worse. He could have certainly been ill vs Philly.

A friend of mine made the comment that it could have contributed something to do with Grossman's piss poor showing vs. Philly.

Not that he can't throw 4 picks without having pneumonia, but that is one of those illnesses that can come on over the course of few weeks and get progressively worse. He could have certainly been ill vs Philly.

Grossman was a turnover machine before the Eagles game.

I very much doubt that.. the symptoms would have been reported a lot sooner than Sunday.

Rex had Rexitis that day.

~Bang

I've had an upper respiratory infection once before. It sticks with you for a solid month sometimes. Worst month physically of my life. It got to the point that I could function O.K. but breathing actually hurt. It sticks with you like nothing else.

I think 2 hurt OL during a game can have a profound impact on pick-itis too. I've seen it too many times with all QBs. Manning, Brady etc. They all get rattled on occasion.

Archived