Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it to late to go back to our 4-3?

Skinzfever2010

Great coaches make adjustments. Our offense can't score and our 3-4 isn't seasoned enough to hold up against the high powered offenses of today. Poor Brian Orakpo is starting to look lost as an OLB. Rocky is always a second to late to the ball. I don't think it would hurt making the switch if you wanted to help our offense out. If the defense can slow opposing teams down maybe our offense can find away to put up points.

The question is would Shanny be ready to admit he is wrong and change?

Hail!

Great coaches make adjustments. Our offense can't score and our 3-4 isn't seasoned enough to hold up against the high powered offenses of today. Poor Brian Orakpo is starting to look lost as an OLB. Rocky is always a second to late to the ball. I don't think it would hurt making the switch if you wanted to help our offense out. If the defense can slow opposing teams down maybe our offense can find away to put up points.

Hail!

We are in the 2nd year of swapping out the pieces of a 4-3 defense and you want to go back? The amount of crazy that goes on in this place after a loss is awesome.

We are in the 2nd year of swapping out the pieces of a 4-3 defense and you want to go back? The amount of crazy that goes on in this place after a loss is awesome.

Its about what works best for the team. With the recent injuries to an already sorry offense we need to be getting stops on D. We can't stop anybody and our offense can't score. What now? Give up? Don't try anything?

No. That'd be a terrible idea. We've been drafting players for our 3-4, and our guys are starting to reach their comfort zone.

This defense has shown flashes of absolute greatness. It's obvious though we need some more beef at the line, and an ILB that is more suited for the 3-4. Fletcher may be on his way out soon, and I'm not convinced Rocky is up to the task.

Switching to a primary 4-3 would stunt this team's growth.

Its about what works best for the team. With the recent injuries to an already sorry offense we need to be getting stops on D. We can't stop anybody and our offense can't score. What now? Give up? Don't try anything?

The Defense is a top 5 in the league. No Matter the 3-4/4-3 , Doughty will continue to struggle as a FS (personally would like to see Landry switch back there and have Doughty at SS when Atogwe is out) Hall will continue to get burnt. Having Orakpo and Kerrigan standing up is much better considering we have 3 very solid Dlinemen in Cofield, Carricker and Bowen.

Defense isn't the problem man. The Panthers had the ball for 10 more minutes than the skins did. They shut out a high-powered eagles offense in the 2nd half and contained the Panthers fairly well in the 1st half considering how much they were on the field.

Why would we do this? The short sightedness of the fan base is appaling.

We aren't competing this year, nor next year for Superbowls. However the 3-4 is being put in place for the long run.

2 years from now this can be a very dominant unit. Patience

Maybe we need to keep running variations until we get the players. I'm not for stunting the teams growth long term. However, if we finish 3-13 because we simply can't keep up the world will be calling for Shans head. His first two years will be worse than Coach Gibbs and Zorns..

Why would we do this? The short sightedness of the fan base is appaling.

We aren't competing this year, nor next year for Superbowls. However the 3-4 is being put in place for the long run.

2 years from now this can be a very dominant unit. Patience

Seriously...why would we waste time and picks overhauling to go to a 3-4 and then overhaul back to a 4-3 when the 3-4 is having success?

Some fans have absolutely no clue what is going on.

Mike Shanahan is going to be here at least the 5 years of his initial contract.

Mike Shanahan is the one who wanted to implement a base 34 D.

So we've spent the last 22 months doing just that, and this past off-season adding better pieces to it. And you want to now rip that up, start over and go back to a 43 base?

Folk need to calm down, accept results matter little this year, and be patient whilst this thing steadily grows. This D, vastly improved as it is already from year one but with still a ways to go, will be that much nearer the finished article next year with improved personnel again, and another years experience.

Hail.

Hail!

What exactly is he wrong about?

MODS, please come up with some kind of "New Thread IQ Test", that has to be passed before you can start a new thread. Im tired of losing my brain cells reading some of the stuff on this board.

Seriously...why would we waste time and picks overhauling to go to a 3-4 and then overhaul back to a 4-3 when the 3-4 is having success?

Some fans have absolutely no clue what is going on.

I really don't think the coaches do either. Two of the worst teams in the league got their second wins against our teams. I'm sorry but I think its an idea that should be discussed.

No. That'd be a terrible idea. We've been drafting players for our 3-4, and our guys are starting to reach their comfort zone..

Actually this is 100% incorrect. We have been drafting and signing players fromn a 4-3 and trying to convert them to a 3-4.

Orakpo

Kerrigan

Cofield

McIntosh

Jenkins

All of these played 4-3.

Could you see a front 4 of Kerrigan, Cofield, Bowen/Carriker/Jenkins, Orakpo?

Hail!

The problem wasn't the switch as much as who was coaching the defense. Has Haslett ever coached a 3-4 defense? If not he is the blind leqading the blind? Maybe that is why he has a lost look on his face. He is seriously getting outcoached.

Mike Shanahan is going to be here at least the 5 years of his initial contract.

Mike Shanahan is the one who wanted to implement a base 34 D.

So we've spent the last 22 months doing just that, and this past off-season adding better pieces to it. And you want to now rip that up, start over and go back to a 43 base?

Folk need to calm down, accept results matter little this year, and be patient whilst this thing steadily grows. This D, vastly improved as it is already from year one but with still a ways to go, will be that much nearer the finished article next year with improved personnel again, and another years experience.

Hail.

Whoa I thought Haslett was the one who wanted a 3-4. I don't remember Shanahan saying much about it.

Archived